Reviews for Walk Away
dragonball256 chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
This was pretty awesome, loved it and how descriptive it was.
ahbuggrit chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Wow, some amazing descriptive writing. Interesting idea - makes sense though.

KAK
eagermeager chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Your stories are interwoven and seamless. It also had a certain depth that humanizes the character and darkness without emphasizing on bullshit ninja concepts. All in all, it's an excellent read.
Yami Vizzini chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
It's another well thought out look at what makes the characters tick, and in this case helped set up a great deal of the canon story. I don't know if it quite counts as a "messup", but I was a little surprised to see (just now, actually, looking over the fic again) that Jiraiya isn't a whole lot older than the Yondaime- but then, he can't have been too old at the time of the Kyuubi attack. I just hadn't thought about it before.
fiore777 chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
I really loved readinga about how Jiraiya handled all that happened in his life and how the events matched up with all that occured in the series. And lastly, I found the way that Jiraiya developed his writing was because of his working retirement a wonderful possibility, that in his writing he could find peace.
azure orbis chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
That was a beautiful backstory. I loved how everything came together and how the story of the sannin is fleshed out and especially how Jiraiya felt after losing his teammates- he's so like Naruto, or maybe it's other way around. Also the weaving in of cannon fact was good, especially how Anko was the one to reveal Orochi's true activities. Kudos for a really well-done Sannin fic!
Sariachan-KokiriLeaf chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
This was a good story, and if you still read the manga, you should know by now that, maybe, you was right about Asuma.
all pity choked chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
I have to say, I really enjoy reading your fics, and I can't resist a Sannin fic _

Like all of your fics, this was well written, and I enjoy your characterizations of everybody.

I was listening to Enya's "A Moment Lost", and I think that it also goes well with this fic.
Feitlebaum chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Oh hey, great story! I like the descriptions and stuff. But I don't really think Jiraiya would be that spiteful towards Tsunade, but otherwise, good story. :)
Baka McGee chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
You evil evil man. What did Tsunade write in that letter? I demand you write a fic describing Tsunade writing it. Please? I BEG OF YOU! It is eating me up inside I swear. Okay I am only mildly curious but still! Please? Enjoyed reading your fanfics by the way, very poignant.
xhighwind chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Sickeningly beautiful, now I know why the rest on M larlarlurk around and yell about your fanfic. It sheds a neat little rarely seen light on Jiraiya, and a good one of course.

Almost had an obsessed one going on about it as if it were fiction halfway through it. And even though it seems a bit blunt I think I can pick a few parts out and label this umgallegoryofjoy3. Kudos Al. o_o Really good though with the less than normal seen view of ol' Froggy.
Pyrinsomniac chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
Jiraiya in your head... *shudders* Now there's a scary thought. "Devil made me do it" doesn't even compare.

Seriously, though, this is very well written; you handled the undercurrents and character relationships and interactions with a deft touch. I loved the Yondaime/ Jiraiya interaction, and the way you wrote about Orochimaru and Jiraiya's battle made me think of those great old battles I always loved in history class; stirs up the blood. *smirks* But at the same time, there's also that thread of heartbreak through it...

I also found the theories you put in your author's note intriguing.

Anyway, good job! *gives you a thumbs- up*
loaned chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
. Good story! Me likes it a lt! Mucho much!
Kilerkki chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
One of the things I admire most about your writing is your refusal to pull your punches. We can tell you love these characters, but you're not going to make it easy on them because life's not like that. You tell a raw, honest story with no apologies, and that's something I really appreciate.

I love your characterization of Tsunade, Jiraya, Sandaime, and Yondaime in this story. Your writing is lyrical and beautiful at the same time as it's harsh and heart-breaking, and it's a joy to read.

(And the idea of Yondaime taking up sewing...sheer brilliance. Especially since I just read an incredible story about Yondaime designing his own Hokage outfit...)

Great job!