Reviews for Meek
Arenia chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Beautiful and twisted, I love it! Reminded me of 'The meek shall inherit the earth' by Creature Feature. It's a good song, you should look it up. Thanks for the wonderful read!
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
This is...very brilliant! I like it.

I have seen it before. I have seen grown men, strong and silent and stoic, curl up into quivering balls of human jelly. I have delighted in raking my fingers over their scrawny minds and picking open all the emotional and psychological wounds they keep deep inside. I know what they fear. They are afraid that they too are meek and timid. Before my power, they are just that. Bullies are interesting psychological specimens. I have long studied their kind, the kind that mercilessly taunted me and called me “Scarecrow Crane”. A bully is just one of “the meek” covered up with false bravado. Strip the bully of his armor and they become as helpless and weak as those they torment.

But now I hear you objecting, crying that I have become the bully. You created me, you and all your kind. Someone must teach you about respect and fear. Someone must teach you what gangly, skinny, little boys can turn into if you tease them once too often. And I will teach you by showing you your own worst fears made real. And I’ll relish every panic-filled second of it. Your kind made me and now I am going to make sure that the saying comes true. The days of the supposed strong ones are long past expiration. Perhaps it is time to reduce you to whimpering and crying simpletons so your prey can finally take its rightful place and let the meek inherit the Earth through fear.

Awesome!

Keep it up with your great writing! :)
Toccata chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
An angst fic? Really? Seems like there was no small twist of horror involved too, in my mind. Regardless. I thoroughly approve. Dr. Jonny Crane isn't exactly a favorite character of mine, but he's interesting and you represented him well. Most authors I've seen just play the pity card ("look at that awful childhood, don't you just want to hug the poor little psychopath?") and ignore the fact that Scarecrow TORTURES PEOPLE! You've managed to keep that extremely apparent: horrifying as it should be while keeping note of how it came about. Jonathan did suffer growing up. There's a reason he's insane. But just because there's a reason doesn't make the result any less ugly.

On another note: I absolutely LOVED your biblical references. Not only is it a nice, subtle reference to the fact that his abusive great-grandmother was a die-hard bible beater...it's also thought provoking. And really creepy. Jonathan Crane calling himself a Messiah is definitely up on my creepy list. Kudos to you.
highland girl 1592 chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
Wow,that was an interesting look at the the bullied becomes the of course he doesn't see himself that way,he *protects* the meek and punishes the *strong*.I wish that you would write more about the Scarecrow you have such a fascinating insight into his about it.:)
Sauron-Pterodactyl chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
Great job. I love these stories about Scarecrow's unique logic and psychology. He is truly the best Batman villain.
TheBlackCatCrossing chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
Good job!
MorganScorpion chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
p206.

Well done, young man; an emotive little vignette, showing us some of the Professor's thoughts.

If you would care to find more people who appreciate the Scarecrow, do pop along to The Scarecrow BB, address above.
Fiona Fargazer chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
I like how the rogues in Batman even in their twisted insanity seem to say things with a ring of truth to them even more than other people want to realize. I know how it feels to be a bully victim. It's not fun but i'm not going ot take over the world at any rate. I really like this fic. I'm not a huge fan of the Scarecrow but I had to hear about the meek and when you push them just a little too far.

~Fiona Fargazer~
Kayla chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
My, kinda creepy.
Nightmare1 chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
How very true. It is often ironic how the meekest child in class grows up to be the deadliest. A favorite to be sure.

-Nightmare1
vegiegurl-too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
How do you do it? Another great one shot. Love it. _
iamhollywood chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
very creepy, very nice one shot. good job.
sobaka chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
wooh! excellent look into dear johnny's mind. :3 i love these first person thought pieces.

you've shown your knowledge of the character, and i really appreciate a true crane fan among all the riff-raff incurred by Batman Begins. good job!