Reviews for Diminuendo
jada952 chapter 8 . 8/20/2006
no more of this story?
Avalon Estel chapter 7 . 2/6/2006
We humans really are terrible creatures. I myself try to stay away from violent movies; I don't believe in watching people get killed for entertainment. It's cruel, and it's twisted, and it makes me angry to know how vicious people can be. Hugs to Orophin - and to you!

~Avalon
morgiel chapter 8 . 2/6/2006
i really like this story so far...i can't wait to see what happens next...and you are doing an awesome job with the characters and how they deal with the modern world...keep it up!

morgiel
Crystal113 chapter 8 . 2/5/2006
Orophin: cleaning? Now that's an image. lol

Elladan singing in the shower. At least we're guaranteed that it's good singing.

Why is it that everyone always goes into places where they aren't welcome and then get caught? I feel really bad for Orophin this time. But he deserved every bit of shame.

Trees: always of utmost importance to the Elves. Yes, Glorfindel should go.

And both the Elves are correct about each other being lonely, though in different ways.

Hm... what's going to happen next?
Crystal113 chapter 7 . 12/20/2005
Lookie- I'm signed in for once! :)

Spaghetti! *laughs* I love it.

“I have no need to watch killing for entertainment.”

“Nor do I. Think, perhaps, of those who do.”

Makes me really think- is it worth it? (And now I have another question to ponder when I'm trying to get to sleep.)

Nightmares and tea. The doggy cup was a wonderful touch. Sweet ending to a dark chapter.

Very well done! Can't wait to read the next one.
Svadilfari chapter 7 . 12/20/2005
*smacks self* I HAVE reviewed your fics!

Anyway, really, really, had a good giggle over Glorfindel with his hair in a towel. The great Balrog Slayer with a towel! hehe. Of course, when one THINKS about it makes sense since elves are very particular about hair. Oh, and brilliant of you to have brought up the spaghetti. How Elladan was so scandalised in 'A Friday'...and now preening like a peacock.

I feel terrible for Orophin though, I am excited as Christmas is coming, but, the poor bugger is having a lousy, confused time!
Svadilfari chapter 2 . 12/7/2005
Hi Neige! Found this gem while browsing jadedly in despairing for something good I haven't read (or reread in some cases). I have always enjoyed your works 'A Friday' being one of my fave. I may or may not have reviewed (I don't remember) as I found it when I was quite new to fanfiction and was (silly, I know!) very shy, especially when encountering very good authours. But, apparently, as I was to later learn, authours love reviews, so I try very hard ;-)

I must say this will soon be a close contender for 'A Friday'. I think my heart was won with:

"Orophin was holding on for his dear, supposedly immortal life."

Oh, and was it coke? The unnatural and bubbyly drink? *snigger*

I look forward to next chapter. I hope that your eye surgery goes well and that you have a lovely birthday.
Crystal113 not logged in chapter 6 . 11/27/2005
Eep! I hope the eye surgery goes well.

I loved Elladan's reaction to Orophin staring at the water. It fit perfectly.

And Orophin's reactions to the elevator and potted plants are classic.

*snickers* Dogs will be dogs, won't they?

Wonderful, though short, chapter. Can't wait for the next one!
Avalon Estel chapter 5 . 10/31/2005
*falls over laughing* So cute! I adored it! Please update soon!

The image of Elladan in the shin-high water with his pants rolled up and his hands on his hips is a great one.

~Avie
Noldo chapter 5 . 10/29/2005
You know, you do these modern-elves stories in a way I could never dream of. Very matter-of-fact and simple and even funny, but I still end up melancholy at the end of it, and I'm quite sure you've intended that to happen, especially with reluctant-confused-naive Orophin. Wow. Lovely stuff.

I hope we get more Glorfindel!
Crystal113 not logged in chapter 5 . 10/20/2005
*grins* That was a wonderful chapter. Sweet, with just the right hint of ignorance and confusion from Orophin.

I love it.

So, are both of the twins going to visit Glorfindel?

Can't wait for the next update!
Avalon Estel chapter 4 . 10/6/2005
Beautiful and peaceful. It's nice to read something so calm once in a while. I'm sorry it took me a while to get back to this, but Life whacked me upside the head for a while. I'll try to be a more faithful reader. Please update soon!

~Avie~
Unsung Heroine chapter 4 . 9/27/2005
Oh yes, modernity can be a monster sometimes, I guess. The more so for someone who hasn't had much of it yet. The funny thing is that it works the other way round as well. After staying in a more urban environment for quite some time nature can be really intimidating... you realize how small you are in fact, hehe.

Nice chapter! I really like it how your stories are so funny and melancholic at the same time!
Crystal113 not logged in chapter 4 . 9/25/2005
Television... refrigerators... telephones... What's a culture shocked Elf supposed to do?

You portrayed his confusion wonderfully, as well as his feelings about belonging.

Oh, twins... Wonderful portrayal.

Hmm... nice viewpoint on Elven and human relationships.

When are they going to visit Glorfindel?
Unsung Heroine chapter 3 . 9/5/2005
Oh. Somehow I managed to stumble over this just now and I'm really looking forward to reading it. Especially considering how much I enjoyed "A Friday".

Nice work once more. :-)