Reviews for The Unexpected Twist of Fate
SayonaraKuroi chapter 23 . 2/22
This is complete?
I Major in Magick chapter 3 . 4/7/2014
Hi, I just notices a minor Japanese grammar error.
Iku.
The word Iku is a verb for 'go', and to conjugate it into a command, it becomes Itte.
A good chart to look at is here .
It's a good story, and that was the only grammar mistake that I caught. Good job so far! I'm excited to continue reading.
Guest chapter 10 . 2/9/2014
Sumimasin can be translated as excuse me (literally: sorry). You have it in the wrong context. Gomen na sai is I'm sorry (for an .action)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
Nengin only means human. Check it with Google translate (FYI it works great with single words, but not with multiple words)
Guest chapter 12 . 6/21/2013
HOWLS MOVING CASTLE! I LOVED THAT MOVIE!""
Guest chapter 5 . 6/21/2013
Why do u hate it? I think u did an awesome job.
straypup chapter 4 . 6/10/2012
Ok, this is it for me. While i find the story plot nice and your writing style to my liking. Too many japanese words and phrases ruined it for me. Specially when spelled, conjugated, and used erroneously. e.g. mitte shld be mite, if you mean look, otherwise it mean differently. 'o daijini while it means 'take care' is only used when bidding an ill person goodbye, a nurse or doctor to a patient. If you said that to a japanese who's in freaking good health, they'd tilt their head sideways, and wonder why you said that- weird! You could have made kagome say, 'minna ki wo tsuketene ' instead, which in context means take care everyone. Demo used repetitively is getting annoying (-.-;)

'iie' means no, however its a strong negative in response to a question. it's weird for Kagome to say ' iie, Rin doushimashitaka' .

Rin iku! literally means 'Rin, go!' if you meant ' Rin, let's go' then it shld be ' Rin, ikimasho!'

Just a piece of advice, if you are not so versed with the language maybe you shld just stay with the basic/common terms ie. miko, shikon, youkai, hanyou,daiyoukai, reiki,youki... etc., to be safe. While you're effort to extend your knowledge of japanese to the readers is appreciated, dont forget the fact that we came to read a fanfic not lean japanese wrongly.
Winged Hetalian Wolf chapter 23 . 6/4/2012
I liked your story it was pretty good. The only thing was the many Japanese phrases. I hate to flog the dead horse (pardon my idioms) but it does make it harder to read. While some words are fine, whole phrases require the reader to scroll up and down repeatedly. Easy words like gomen, arigato, Miko, taiyoukai, and similar words that appear in other fics, are more than welcome to be used.

Aside from that, great story. Moving on to the sequel.
Winged Hetalian Wolf chapter 12 . 6/3/2012
:O YOUR HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE REFERENCE MADE MY DAY! Haha I recognized as soon as you started describing it. I felt the need to point this out, breaking my tradition of waiting till the end to review. Well anyway so far I like your story!
Lolo chapter 10 . 12/11/2011
I like the plots, adding some japanese words in dialogue is Nice too so long its not too much, and i find them becoming a bit too much. Not understanding japanese i have to scroll up and down to read the traductions every now and then to follow the story and its getting annoying...
thebookworm90 chapter 21 . 3/27/2011
Hey, Kagome can swim. Hell, she mentions that she was glad she took lessons in the first episode and the manga book.
Realo chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
I'll quote Dumdeedum as they said is about the only down side to your story but with with I bit more stress on it. I'll admit I like you story but after having to translate in my head what Japanese you are using when I do that daily in my Japanese lesson because of the job I want, I don't really want to come home where I relax and learn to translate so more before going to sleep as I like to read fanfiction for light reading before that. Also therre is those that I'm am sure that don't know any real good Japanese other then a few words would shortly get annoyed with something like "Jaken-sama... kyou wa Sesshoumaru-sama osoi na..." only to have to abandon their place to look at the bottom to know what it say's, I know I would get annoyed with it nd leave before finishing what I think in general is a very good story and would miss out.

Would you consider puting up an edited one or edit this on so that reader that only know light words like miko or baka can enjoy.

Realo

[Quote]dumdeedum:

*Sigh* Reading then checking the translations at the bottom of the screen still bothers me. On the bright side however, I am learning more Japanese![Quote]
The Silent One chapter 12 . 6/8/2008
aww i love Howl's Moving Castle!

its so cute

by the way im liking the story so far!
Tharrina chapter 13 . 3/10/2008
you're a good writer, i sugest writing more stories.
dumdeedum chapter 5 . 1/10/2007
Sesshomaru's heart is in the RIGHT place!