Reviews for The Healing Power of Ice Cream
Michael J Angelo chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
I love how you expressed Mikey's more serious side, but yet still the Michelangelo everyone knows and loves. 3

Wonderful job. :D
Tink17 chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
What a sweet story! I always thought that it would not be easy for April to move on after the fire. And, it was nice to see that, of all the Turtles, that it was Mikey who was able to comfort her. Always knew there was more to the ol' goofball! ;) Thanks for sharing!
Rebell chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
Aww! I loved it!

we get to see Mikey's somewhat sensitive, wise (ish) side! I like how you portrayed them both, I can totally see this scene happening. (He's right too... ice cream can heal everything!)

Keep writing! (I'm checking out your profile!)
arianshifter chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
I love it! Mikey seems so sweet, and everyone's in character. :D Excellent!
Aaron Smiley chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
Nice story!

Movie universe right?

Aww, poor April, nightmares are horrible, I've never struggled with them but I know their product, lack of sleep, to be a huge pain.

Great job, I really enjoyed it.

Note to self: Eat more ice cream ...

Aaron Smiley

;-D
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
Unless Fan Fiction was having problems at the time, it seems I forgot to leave a review when I first read this.

You have a distinct and talented way of writing dialogue that reads true to character and seems so natural. Love this one-shot a lot.

Although I'd have to agree with Kyabetsu re: getting over fire (that it would take years of therapy), for the moment - at least as far as this little scene is concerned - I think April has.

I, too, feared fire a great deal for most of my life and it took years to overcome it. What worked was convincing myself that I was in control of it - the fire, as in matches, the stove, the fireplace - and learning how to control it and not do anything really stupid with it. My mother diciplined me when I was five for playing with matches by lighting one and holding my hand over the flame. The flame didn't burn me, but the experience was still very hot. I had a phobia about fire for many years after that, until my father stupidly tried to add gasoline to a campfire (we were vacationing in Yellowstone Nat'l Forest) and the gas can caught fire. I immediately began taking handfulls of dirt to douse the flames - successfully - and it was then when I felt the first bit of relief from my fear.

Ice Cream works, too! Eating it, though, rather than trying to put a fire out with it! LOL

This was very nicely written and, if I didn't upon first reading, I'm placing it in my C2 file! :0)

Great job!

Be blessed.
Goddess of Idun chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
Aww. And that's NOT a romantical "aww"! That was really sweet of Mikey. I'm one of those lucky people that almost never get nightmares, I cannot remember one single time that I've woken up, hyperventilating and drenched in sweat. Poor April. She's got the best friends in the whole world, though, even if they visit her in the middle of night by coming in through her bedroom window!
vulpixfairy chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
hehehe, go mikey i know that deep down he is the sweetest being to do something like that to help a friend, thanks for giving him a good concerned image other than an annoying yet cool dude

signed by the vulpixfairy
Vestque the Artist chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
Very Nice.

Vestque of Enchantments
Kellie Fay chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
Aw that's so cute! Love it. Keep writing.
kyabetsu chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
cool cool!

that was an aspect of "after the fire" that i hadn't considered. April scared of flames.

Mikey's characterization shines. Seeing him with extra depth AND yet still light and smiling makes me all toasty-happy inside. Very nice.

My only quibble?

letting go of a phobia is not that simple. ...don't tell anyone i said so, but TRUST ME, when people just tell you things like, "it's over. Let. it. go." my personal reaction was always along the lines of, "oh. Really? thanks for telling me. I'll just quit shaking and crying uncontrollably, b/c that's totally something i never thought of. You know. Me being afraid of something that was IN THE PAST. I can totally control this reaction now that you've pointed out the simple flaw in my logic. Boy do i feel silly for hyperventilating and vomitting on your floor. I just didn't THINK of "letting it go!"

April's a smart woman. She'll have recognized that the fear is not a logical one. And that will add to her frustration and anxiety involving the whole incident. YAY-psychological trauma can be a self-perpetuating cycle-YAY! ...which is prolly way more indepth than you wanted to go with this fic.

I'm GLAD that Mike got April to relax. Seeing Mikey work his cheering-up-mojo always thrills me.

but yeah... If april's half as messed up about smoke and fire as she sounds? It's gonna take years of talking and working through it before the IRRATIONAL fear finally listens to her RATIONAL mind. I'd almost suggest expanding on this- do some 'homework' and look up phobias and treatments. i'm sure there are online forums for phobia victims, you know, support groups. Check out what some folks have to SAY about working through them... b/c this could be a multi-chapter story right here.

Like i said, this was the first time i'd seen the idea of april's fear presented. ... And uh... i've been here since 2002 sometime. So. Yeah. Since you've got such great characterization and flow? Back it up with some research and stretch this puppy out! I'd love to read it!
Aries Zodiac chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
Aw... Just...aww. That was very good- go on Mikey! Not a D/A shipper m'self but that actually worked. Good idea with the whole pyrophobia thing- ice-cream for fears- I like that as an xcuse for ice-cream. Whst am I saying? I don't need an excuse!

Anywho...great fic, keep writing 'em and everyone'll keep reading them!
Melodist chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
Ack! That was so sweet! I love how serious Mikey can be sometimes without actually being... um... serious?

*scratches her head in befuddlement*

Anyway. He's right though. Ice cream heals all wounds.

Awesome job on this fic, I loved it. *applauds loudly* And I swear, someday I'll get around to finishing Scientific Method... No really, I will. I promise!

-Melodist
Sasami1 chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
Excellent short, descriptive characterizations and good flow.
Sassyblondexoxo chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
This was very sweet Reluctant...and I had to smile at the April and Don stuff.

LOL, I think that Mikey probably helped just as much as the ice cream. He's just like a best guy friend, always around to make you smile.

Especially loved the ending..."Just. Let. It. Go."

Very nicely done.