Reviews for The Strangers In My Home
Alex B. Goode chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Keep writing it.
LateOrliBloomer chapter 4 . 3/25/2007
Hey, this review is really for all 4 chaps but FFnet's server was bogged down or whatEVER the heck their problem is so yeah, here it is all at once. It's in chronological order so hope that helps!

...Is it really in no way related? And...okay, banned so that implies new pen name/account/the works? That sucks majorly. FFnet sounds like quite the dictator.

Oh, and...well, I don't actually have anything against Arnold/Lila. I mean, Lila wouldn't be quite SO annoying if she'd just drop the affected way of speaking (and if she's originally a farm-and-country girl, where's her hick accent? Sorry about the stereotype but it makes sense!), but it just seems like it'd be a really BORING, tame relationship. So I can understand why more people opt for Helga/Arnold, not to mention I think the creators of the show made Helga's character verylikeable, bullying and unibrow aside.

And I wouldn't say Lila is strictly a plot device... After all, Helga has her own pointless obsession... (Haha, I don't think I really realized until...now...just how similar ALL the characters are...or just how many crush-obsession things they have going on.)

...Er, sorry if this is a stupid question but who the heck is PARK? And Joey? And Robert?

BTW, may I just say how much I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR S&H notes at the bottom of chaps! So few authors I've read expound thoughts and musings right there for fans to read and feed off of. It's wonderful, so, thank you!

Erm...I'm sorry, I think I missed the part where Phil died, lol. He was alive and living with Arnold and Mitzi in ch 1 (and Mitzi's Arnold's great-aunt, isn't she? Phil's sister?) and then in ch 3 you have Phil bequeathing Arnold with the Packard on his deathbed (in back-exposition).

And I find myself curious about the details of the accident. Was there anyone else with Gerald? How's the rest of his family taking it? Phoebe? Are any of the four still friends with Phoebe even?

Oh, and the "Helga is a drama queen so watch the poetry fly - Helga: MY SACRIFICE!" part had me laughing out loud (funny cuz it's SO TRUE!)
shaddiesgirl chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
Cool Story update soon D
Mvctar Avrelivs chapter 4 . 5/8/2006
Well now, this was a damned fine read, I must say. It's not very often one comes across work of this quality on FanFiction, and it puts a warm glow in one's heart to see someone actually emphasizing style over substance.

That being said, might I submit one small suggestion? Could you make a new paragraph every time someone speaks? It would be much easier on my astigmatic eyes (not to mention my teeny-tiny brain) if you would do so. Thank you.
purple pineapples chapter 4 . 3/2/2006
Just like all of ur other fanfics..this rocks! These chapters are really good i mean...wow! U so rock at writing! So...keep up the GR8 work and post the next chapter when u can! Love this fanfic! Cya bye!
Jae B chapter 4 . 2/16/2006
I rather enjoy this story. If you haven't learned already, I can truly relate to this story. Suicide isn't something you EVER want to try. The memories of attempts are horrible, and Absolut brings back a TON of memories for me...no pills, but a gun if you will. Anyway, like Brian said: "I don't do guns".

Accidents: once again, I can TRULY relate to that too. A very close childhood friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver.

The convo with Ms. Sawyer is nice.

I also like the idea of what his sister thinks of him. Interesting story. Keep on writing it, and I'll keep on reading! Never stop using your creative imagination.

-Jae-
abcdefg chapter 4 . 2/14/2006
Will you be finishing this story? Oh please do!
Celestina3107 chapter 4 . 12/30/2005
hey! this story is realy col! hehehe. I like the way you narrate, its so refreshing for me. You plan so much, i see-that's very good. I mean, I dont plan much for anything I write. Nice story. I love Hey Arnold. ahaha! :D
acosta prez jos ramiro chapter 4 . 12/20/2005
Great chapter. Excellent dialogues between Helga and Lila, and Arnold and Lila.

Sorry about not being nominated, but I think there are a couple of your one-shots that are in the nominated list, and all of them are really good.

Keep the good writing.
Laurel chapter 4 . 12/17/2005
I don't know what it is about this story. Or you for that matter. I mean, I have my favorite stories from different authors, but there's always somethng about your stories that is real Necropolitian, for example, and this story. Two stories where I will sit and reread the same chapter twice just so I don't miss anything. Your stories make me laugh, move me, make me cry, bite my nails, they move me (and no, not in that way) For example the final three lines of this story; they chill me. You're that real

That and you're the only person I've found that can actually make me like Lila Sawyer. :)

Anticipating your next brilliant chapter...waitaminute. This means I have to start writing the sequel, doesn't it...
Pam-Pam-Kitten chapter 4 . 12/17/2005
I can't pretend to understand how any of the characters feel, but i can tell that you have written the story with sensitivity and an honesty that breathes a breath of fresh air into the fanfiction world.

My only problem...not enough chapters, but i'm not going to bother you, they'll appear when they are ready.
Pointy Objects chapter 4 . 12/16/2005
Awesome Chapter. It was great, loved the dialouge, as always. I wouldn't even have minded if this WAS a Arnold/Lila story...maybe. Well, wouldn't have "whined" but...ya know. I'd still read it.

MAn, I know you're not stressing about some Fanfiction Awards (which is bad, because I'm just as stressed...4 months till 2005...I was that close *rollseyes*). Well, lookie here. Seems as though I have 5 hours and 41 minutes until it's officially the 17th. What on earth can I do with my time...hm...

Update ASAP. Peace. Oh ansd thank you for the review.

-Pointy_Objects
hey there chapter 3 . 10/8/2005
are you going to up-date soon? I hope, I hope?
Demile chapter 3 . 9/25/2005
This is a fantastic fic thus far. I'm sorry I didn't review earlier but I only get around to reading fics a little bit between classes and that's never enough time for me to get to reviewing.

Anyway, it's wonderful so far. I like the way you are playing with the idea of having Lila and Helga as friends, it actually works.

Update soon!

-Demile
chichi's1fan chapter 3 . 9/22/2005
your summary was great and so was your story i look forward to an update