Reviews for No Such Thing As Heroes
RebelX chapter 9 . 3/27/2007
What a wonderful treat this was after just getting back into the fandom!

This seems like a very original idea and you're carrying it out well. Raoul comes across as very believably child-like and for a younger version, your Erik is also very believable and in character (despite your fears to the contrary).

I love the family dynamic you have going here, especially between Phillipe and Raoul.

All in all this looks like a story that is coming along beautifully, but I see you haven't updated in quite a long time...I do hope you haven't dropped this story? I would love to see more!
Phantress chapter 9 . 5/6/2006
Raoul love is an amazing thing.

And I don't see Erik being out of character out all...in fact, all I see is correct character progression, which is always positive.

Do countinue on!
Odysseus chapter 9 . 3/28/2006
Anything!

*cough* wonderful chapter! Since you won't heed them, I won't make any comments about Erik being out of character. In fact, i really didn't see him as being out of character. I think most of the bad things (or ... violent things, at least) he did were because of Christine, but since she isn't around yet ... and this is a long time ago, Erik probably isn't as ... reclusive? violent? (I want to say "unfeeling", but at the same time I think "passionate" would be the right word.) as he is later. Wow, that sentance should probably be read without reading what's in parenthesies to understand it.

The only thing I thought a bit odd was Erik giving away his name. But then, if he's younger and has spent less time becoming bitter, he might be a bit more open. I think it's sweet.

Raoul doing card tricks ... . I can just see this cute little boy ... *SQUEE!*

O.
ZGory chapter 9 . 3/27/2006
I was so excited to see that you updated!It was weird too since I was thinking about this story this that your computer is taking forever to upload stuff.

Reasons eh? Is it almost like in Pirates of the Carribean when Gibbs said to Jack Sparrow, "Leverage says you. A change in the wind says I." And then he smiled all devious like. I don't think it's that much a stretch of the imagination to have Erik be nice to Raoul in the pre-Christine because of these reasons you have brought up, now I am dying to know why!
AResidentGhost chapter 8 . 3/24/2006
are you going Kay-based? if you are, you should use Kay's or Leroux's deformity-and therefore the full mask. otherwise you don't quite get the same effect.
Odysseus chapter 8 . 3/24/2006
ah, I'm reviewing! I love this story! please write more! nasty cliffhanger, *glares at offending chapter*

More, more, more wonderful writngs!

O.
Christine Writer chapter 8 . 3/16/2006
Awesome! Raoul is too curious, non? Please R&R my story.
ZGory chapter 8 . 3/6/2006
I am glad that you have updated. I stumbled across your story when it was sort of just being in a state of dormancy.I think it is that little cliffhanger you made it end on.I quite enjoy reading this prologue.
maxmouse chapter 7 . 2/20/2006
Can't wait to read more. I hope you'll update soon!
ZGory chapter 7 . 1/17/2006
I enjoy reading this universe is it in? Is it movie,play,or book? Well keep up with your writing.
Christine Writer chapter 7 . 1/17/2006
Awesome story! Write more, please! Please R&R my story, "Erik Mulheim."
Kchan88 chapter 6 . 9/8/2005
Once again, an incredibly wonderful and well written chapter! I really love your characterization of the young Raoul, and his feelings toward Christine. This is such an original storyline, and it never fails to amaze me. I also am so glad to find another Raoul supporter, I love Raoul so much! Please update!
elfgirl1800 chapter 6 . 8/30/2005
Great chapter- I can't wait to read more!
ahomelesspirate chapter 6 . 8/25/2005
It is very refreshing to see a nonslash Raoul pov, I like it. as much as I enjoy and participate in fop bashing, you are correct in stating that their really is more to his character than Christine's.
The Musician Of The Night chapter 5 . 8/19/2005
Well, I'd feel very sorry for you, having to get up at 7, except that right now i'm insanely jelous because you get to go to Sicily. Darn, i've always wanted to go there. But, i suppose I can wait for a while until you get back to read another chapter.