Reviews for Prisoner of War
Nolan Robertson chapter 6 . 5/18/2008
Great series! I couldn't stop reading it, and once I was done I felt a dreadful sense of separation anxiety. I do have a question for you, however. When Raule took his rifle and attempted to kill himself, he decided that Caleb must not have known it wasn't functional. He had to use the grunt's pistol to do it, but only after killing the grunt. Did he kill the grunt because he wanted Caleb to be able to escape because the human had offered him the opportunity to avoid disgrace? If he hadn't killed the grunt it's likely he would have alerted others to the escape.
gamrwraith chapter 6 . 1/2/2006
Aside from initial confusion as to the significance/plot relevance of Chapter Six, Prisoner of War offered a fundamental insight into the Elite hierarchy of virtue. As far as I know, none of these creatures have demonstrated sympathetic behaviour towards humans throughout the series, so the unusual sympathy of Raule in providing refreshment for Caleb was an interesting variation of the typically ruthless and ambitious Elite. Additionally, I noticed that Raule's father was 'caught with one of the high priestesses' (Chapter 2) of the Covenant Religion. An intriguing scandal, certainly, but one all too common amongst humanity. Perhaps this increased the severity of the crime, as the father degraded himself to the level of mankind, a species obviously considered to be repulsive and inferior by the Elites, and the Covenant as a whole. However, it may have nonetheless been more befitting if the father had somehow disgraced himself in battle. Perhaps he could have been a deserter, or a heretic...I would advise considering these possibilities. Such a situation would justify Raule's fate, as he would realize that he had failed the Covenant through a similar shortcoming in allowing a human to emerge victorious over him in combat. There were several grammatical errors in your story, although they do not substantially detract from what was otherwise an excellent alternate tale. Keep up the excellent work, and welcome to my 'favorite authors' list.
Warp Ligia Obscura chapter 6 . 12/29/2005
Sad ending for Raule, but the "true" ending is confusing. Who is the kid who Stuck the Elite, and why was he there? :S
Dangerous Outcast chapter 4 . 8/19/2005
Great story so far, but in chapter 3 and 4, you got the blood colors wrong. the elites have purple blood, not blue. Other than the name change, and the blood, its a good fic. update soon
britman566 chapter 4 . 8/15/2005
good chapter dude, update soon this is a really good story, good chapter length but the longer the better , update soon
Lysit chapter 3 . 8/12/2005
The might of the prophets commands you, write more chapters.
britman566 chapter 3 . 8/10/2005
good story uptade soon
britman566 chapter 2 . 8/4/2005
dude this story is better than ur last, u have somthing here thats pretty good. i liked the last story u wrote with trak but it was a bit rushed in the middle, this one is good tho, keep it up
Sevti Rune chapter 2 . 8/1/2005
Neat story, I'd like to see how this goes. Just one thing: it seems to me that you mixed up your character names in the middle here, when Caleb checks the food Raule left for him? Caleb suddenly became Raule. Confused me for a bit, wondering how on earth /Raule/ got to be the one in the cell.
Roxie chapter 2 . 7/28/2005
Good story so far. Please update soon.
Charu chapter 2 . 7/25/2005
Well, you've got off with an excellent, but again I see this big flaw in here just like in your past story. Sometimes, you're mixing up the names of one of the characters like calling Caleb Raule which makes it look like that the Elite is in the cell and another Elite outside it with the same name. Try to fix it up please? Other than that, this was a great start off with your new story, continue on!

Rating: none yet
The Allanx chapter 2 . 7/24/2005
You should enable anonymous reviews, dude! Your stuff doesn't seem to be getting the popularity that it most definitely deserves. Your stories, so far, have shown some of the best character development I've ever seen in fanfiction. Excellent work!