Reviews for Thicker than Blood
Lydia-kitten chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Nice. Short, sweet, mostly IC, and to the point.

I like these kinds of fics; they do not make you feel as if you wasted your time. They make you feel like you have gained a little additional piece in your personal narutoverse pantheon.

Blitz-Sora chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
Very sweet!
Alphabunnie chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Over the years I've reread this story numerous times. It is without a doubt, one of my all-time favorites. I think the honesty of the emotions is what I like best about it. I love the hesitancy, the hope, the fear. I love how you transitioned the frailty of an emotionally shut-down 16yo Kakashi into his older, braver, more serene self. And I love Genma; his casualness, but also his deep humanity, and compassion. I truly and sincerely hope you do a sequel for this someday. You've created two characters that the reader can't help but fall in love with, and I'd love to see both these characters grow and learn together. Thank you for such a wonderfully written story!
NoNAMEohmygod chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
That's awesome! I LOVE this paring!

Ashcat chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
But but... how can you end it there? wa!
cg2006 chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
Ahahaha! You made me consider this pairing! _
Dark Manifest chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
I cannot count how many times I've come back to read this story and the other two in this continuity, and yet somehow this is only the first review I'm making. The understated emotion in this final part is what hit me hardest. No great sweeping occurances or realizations, just two people, two friends, going through one change after another and quietly catching up to each other at a later point in the journey. It's a smooth shift from the physical despair of Heart and Eyes and Claws, with just enough sentimentality to make it touching without making it unrealistic. All the bits of humor were a nice touch - even high-and-mighty elite ninja can be misled. But hell, I say it was fate.

Genma's "declaration" of love had to have been my favorite part; it was perfectly snarky and awkward, and I especially liked that it remained unresolved. No easy fixes, but there's reconciliation, and Kakashi going home with him for the first time really did make it all worth it.

On a more superficial note, yay, KakaGen! How this pairing ever fell under the radar is beyond me. But I'm thankful you're one of the few authors to jump on the bandwagon with fics like this one.
Bouncy cat chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
This was a beautiful story. I loved the way you wrote Kakashi and I'm starting to like this pairing more and more.

Thanks for sharing _
Nezuko chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
Evidently I've been under a rock in a very dark cave, and that's how I managed to miss this little gem of a story for as long as I did. This is absolutely priceless for the way it explores that uncomfortable edge of a long and not quite healthy relationship. That edge where it's so hard to shape it into something true, and then... then you do. And I wanted to weep with Genma, because I knew that same history, from the earlier stories, and it hurt in a really unfathomable way, and at the same time was so good and so right at long last. Thank you, Loren. This is the rare sort of love story between men that I can actually find plausible and real and more than gripping. (And well, yess, you'll never go wrong by me with Genma and Kakashi as the principals...)
cyzay chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
intresting characterization of Genma. One of the better ones i've read thus far (not like i've read a large amount but still..) The interaction he has with Kakashi as they wait for everyone to show up was really good.

Kakashi also, an intresting way to present his character. As i was reading it made me think a little bit deeper about his character in relation to the story.

very well done story
Nyuufish chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
good god. it's going up on favorites. that's all i'm saying.

AWESOME FICCIE (the whoel series inclusded, butthis was like, AWESOME! XD)
Krows Scared chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Beautiful little story, loved it and thanks for sharing this unusual combination.
crimson nightmare chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
(tackles) That had a *wonderful* flow to it. The interaction between the two people is wonderfully subtle and yet intense at the same time. Uke Kakashi written in-character is just *hard* to find! Wonderful stuff!

Love from CN
Fractured Dreams chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
hehe- there are never enough genma fanfics i reckon! good story! write more?