Reviews for A Woman True and Fair
Rubidia chapter 26 . 12/5
Just wanted to pop in and say that this was one of the best pieces I've come across on the site - I'm absolutely enchanted! If you ever feel the inspiration to keep going, I think I'm not alone in saying I would be right here waiting for more!
LonelyLikeBlue chapter 1 . 11/17
Found this story 3 yrs ago when I didn't have an account and I remembered the name of this fic to this day. I think you should know that many people remember you story and hope that you'll one day finish it. I read this fanfic, then immediately went and book, hoping that it would at least be half as good as yours
Lonian chapter 26 . 11/14
I haven't touched my FF account in like 5 years, but I logged in to tell you that this fic is everything I didn't know I wanted and more! Recently reread the book, and left me craving for Howl's POV, which you've recreated beautifully. Now I know that the chance is probably slim, but if you ever find the time to continue this story, know that you will have someone itching to read it!
cambiata chapter 26 . 10/3
It's amazing to me that 10 years have passed since this story last was updated, and even longer than that since I first began reading this story (just a short bit after I read Diane Wynne Jones' novel). I still come back to have a look every couple of years, hoping unrealistically that this story might be completed. I don't expect it, mind you - I understand the author will have moved on to their own projects and a fan fiction might not seem so pressing anymore. I deeply appreciate what's been written. I feel that it's an excellent, beautiful compliment to the original novel. The fact that I can't stop coming back here also says to me that the author is wildly talented. I hope, if they ever write their own fictional novel, that they advertise it here so I can get a taste of that wittiness that so charmed me the first time I read this story. In my ideal future, of course, Ms. Jones contacts this author and asks her to complete it, under her own publisher, as a parallel novel to Howl's Moving Castle ala Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. One can always dream!
MaraSkywhiner chapter 26 . 7/15
I've been reading through this alongside HMC, and really loved it. You have a real talent for capturing characters' voices. If the Muse strikes again, know that people are still interested in this story!
mathkid chapter 1 . 5/30
I re-read this last week and then re-read HMC and now I'm reading it again :) I suppose you probably won't finish it, but if you do, just know you have lots of fans who will be very very happy.
BuiltOnHope chapter 1 . 4/8
I absolutely love this chapter. It helps to explain so much. I never did bleieve for a moment that Howl didn't see through that curse immediately, and always wondered why he let her stay anyway. Brilliant job! You are a genius!
I really, REALLY hope you finish this story. It's my favorite on the platform. I keep coming back to it, hoping against hope that you might have updated it. I love your writing. Please keep it up!
hello,
I know I've reviewed this story before (back when I had a username and login) and just today the bookmark crossed my path and I thought I'd take the opportunity to re-read. :)
It is just as delightful as I remember! Well-written and truly, completely in the spirit of the original book. Really a true delight!
Thank you for sharing with us.
(I know it is nearly a decade since you updated, but I hope you are well, and I hope that you are still using your wonderful writing talents somewhere out there in the world)
-A grateful reader
Soooo. Confession. I came across since another author had it listed under favourite stories. Since I didn't know if this was completed, I went to the last chapter and skimmed it. And it was not completed.
That said, I am gonna start reading and I hope you get inspired to work on this again.
Gamoora chapter 26 . 12/4/2016
Oh, dear. I really enjoy reading Howl's point of view! You've added a lot of nuance to his character, while still keeping him in character. This was a very fun read, and I'd love to read more if you ever decide to do so. Howl's still got a wild ride ahead of him, and I'd love to see your interpretation of it.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2016
still waiting... anytime now...
toomanyfeelz chapter 26 . 10/18/2016
This is definitely one of the best Howl x Sophie fics I've ever had the pleasure to read. Everyone is so in character that I've basically accepted everything about Howl and his actions in this story as a headcannon. I'm not sure how I feel about Lettie (the real one) and the kiss as well as her extreme dislike for Howl, just because it doesn't seem that way at the end of the book, so I'm interested to see how you write that out. The problems with your computer are so unfortunate, but I'm glad to hear that you still plan on updating. Thank you so much for writing this wonderful story!
One with the Wind chapter 1 . 8/8/2016
I always remembered this story as one of the best in this fandom. I scrolled back to the last time I commented and saw that it was in 2007 (Where have the years gone?). I can honestly say, looking back over this story, I feels exactly the same as I did back then. I peeked in your bio and you've said you're planning on finishing this fic. That's so terrible about your laptop! I eagerly await the next chapter whenever it's ready
Meteor Gin chapter 1 . 6/27/2016
The first chapter is more then a bit much...