Reviews for What Evil Lurks
crystalllized chapter 5 . 8/24/2005
So far, so awesome!

Robin...I have a sneaking suspicion that I know who...what...Robin is, but...I don't know for sure. I mean, I know in my head, I just need to go and find the novels around my room somewhere to verify it. Until then, I'll wait.

I love Sandman, so when I saw this I instantly read through it...I love all of it. I just read all the chapters and it's awesome.

Love and luck,

Rachel
Bunnysquirrel chapter 5 . 8/24/2005
Update quickly! QUICKLY! I need more of this story, it is so good! Plus if you take a long time I forget what has happened and nothing makes sense until I re-read the whole thing! Update soon!
Zin chapter 5 . 8/24/2005
100 reviews is pretty decent! I'm jsut reviewing to tell you I am reading this, and I am enjoying it. I do like how Robin has been portrayed in it.

Only thing bugging me is you forget spaces once so often (chapter 5), but its alright as it isnt typoed!

Keep up the good work!
AuroraMikayla chapter 5 . 8/24/2005
Um...WOW! This is a fantastic story! I've never read Sandman I must admit, but if it's as good as this, I probably will! This is amazing, I can't wait for the next update.
Neko chapter 5 . 8/24/2005
You shouldn't worry about reviews, you should write cause you love to write and because your muse is a bitch! :grins: And for the record I love your fanfic, so if you stop it or put it on hold You will have one Very UNHAPPY Neko to deal with :mega grins: Can't wait until the next chapter.

Chao.
Roach Patrol chapter 2 . 8/23/2005
My gods! I actualy understand it. This makes me do my little viscious happy-dance, because I've been spending every spare dollar I have on...comics. Comic shop's about fifteen, twenty blocks away, I'm up three times a month, been chewing my way through Sandman. Art sucks ass for most of them but it's sort of refreshing to see a medium where things can be grotesque. Teen titans I've seen maybe three, four shows and actualy did internet reaserch to be able to read your story because, frankly, it's you. And it's awesome. Of course.

And Delerium, augh, I love Del to all to pieces. Seems to me you made her a little too giddy, but I supose it's artist's perogative- to me, though, Delerium seemed like a tough, sensible, matter-of-fact sort of person without much of a sense of humor, who incidently was running a temperature of three billion and was frankly, delerious. She keeps trying to make sense out of things that make no sense...Actualy I think she'd be a lot like Death if she evened out. But...not mad, not stupid, not ridicuous. Still, it was good- she did make sense, if you knew the code. And I'm missing two books but I think I got most... Don't know who Pillarman is. Euphemism? Obscure refference? Actual guys?

I get the idea that Robyn worked for Dream and was sent away when Lyta's kid, whazzizname, Daniel? David? Took over and was like Dream Lite. It would seriously fit if Robyn was the Raven, although I think the new Dream kept him around, or did Lyta kill him? I need to go check. But wasn't the raven's name Mathew or something? And their personalities don't really sync.

Well, one way to find out and that's obviously stop writing a meandery review and go read the next chapters.

God damn, Delerium. Sque. Good job, again.
ray1 chapter 5 . 8/23/2005
Its good to see the two birds bond. It also shows that they still have some humanity left in them.
sekai no yakusoku chapter 5 . 8/23/2005
I'm on the edge of my seat...please update as soon as you may!

-Rei
The Midgar Demon chapter 5 . 8/23/2005
Another completely engrossing addition. Most enjoyable. Still, I wonder if the Boy Wonder isn't overlooking something...To me, Johhny's plan has a certain...feel to it.

To me, it reeks of brute strength and base cunning.

But maybe that's just wishful thinking, eh? Well, we'll see, won't we? I look forward to finding out.
Darth Nat chapter 5 . 8/23/2005
Well, I started reading The Sandman (I owned a couple volumes before reading this story and was planning on starting the series as soon as I finished some other things I wanted to read), so maybe I'll actually begin to realize what is going on here.

Anyways, good as usual. Your story has a very surreal feel, sort of like the Sandman itself. Things constantly seem to get stranger and more convoluted, but it feels natural in this strange world inhabited by a half-demon and someone who may or may not be who he seems. It's intriguing, and I like that.

I'm not entirely sure I'm overly keen on the insertion of a Trigon plot, mainly because I think Teen Titans fanfiction has entirely too many Trigon-related stories for its own good and that they are starting to grow stale, but I'm sure you'll do something interesting with the tired plot. Just be wary, though; it's entirely too easy to take a great story and ruin it by inserting tired and overdone ideas.

I'm excited to see where things go from here, and I'm anxiously awaiting the realization of just what is going on with Robin and the Endless.

By the way, I hope you don't mind, but I added this story to my C2 community. If you object, just drop me an e-mail. My address is easy enough to find.
Final Fight chapter 5 . 8/23/2005
Update soon, my man... please!
A-Quest-of-Scales chapter 4 . 8/23/2005
THE CORINTHIAN! I-I mean... THE CORINTHIAN! I can't believe you did that! Robin, the Boy Wonder himself a nightmare of a serial killer? Wow... amazing. Although looking back I should've had a least a vague idea but that was a shock. I hate to use such a cliche term but I loved it. Seriously, I think this is one of the best stories I've read on so far and I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment. By the way it was a nice touch for Destructions page to be torn out and I liked the descriptions. You are a very talented author.

Good luck with the rest of the story, if this keeps on improving as rapidly as it is you'll need it.

Sincerly

Scales
luhism chapter 4 . 8/22/2005
write the next chapter quick the supense is killing me !
akiko-dono chapter 4 . 8/22/2005
you're a fantastic writer and i don't care if you feel old, you'd better keep writing! it's great stuff, really it is.
Lady Shalafa chapter 4 . 8/21/2005
Aye...so the plot thickens. I loved the fight scene- so much action! So once again- YOU ROCK!
259 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »