Reviews for If Only They Knew
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
A great story. Very well written.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
This was one of the best 'fanfictions' I have ever read. Severus Snape is there, the whole time. I do agree with one comment that Harry is not truly greatful for who has saved his life; particually Snape. Snape, the first thing I thought after I read A Prince's Tale is: it is about time. I had had Faith In Snape even since HBP, somehow I knew it had been planned between them. He needed true awknowledgment for what he had done, and we don't even get that in Harry' thoughts after he had seen Snape's memories only 'I'm supposed to die'. But Snape does get some awknowledgment when Harry explains the 'situation' to Voldemort and when he tell Albus Severus the purpose of his name and the Slytherin headmaster was "The bravest man he ever knew". I'm getting off topic.. BLOODY AWESOME story- realistic (storywise). And I could have used a part in the story explaining exactly vot happened when Snape was with Voldemort. I mean to say: I appreciate what you have written, write more.
riverrat chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
You did a great job. Thanks for an enjoyable read.
Stitch-face chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
Pretty good! I like Snape (:
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
Splendid! And my prediction for book 7 is that Harry will somehow be instrumental in Snape's death, discover what was really going on...and either shrug it off or care intensely for five minutes, after which he won't think or care about this particular sacrifice. Our Harry is not a terribly empathic person lately, nor was he ever grateful any of the other many times Snape saved his life. Of course Harry is the one who owes the Life Debt by now; but it's obviously the case with Rowling that Life Debts only count againt characters she doesn't like, such as Wormtail or Snape.

Sigh. Excellent story. Pity we won't ever see such insight into Snape in canon. I wonder if she'll finally feel she's gotten enough revenge against that teacher she didn't like when she's done?

Sorry about the rant. But I think you've come very close to the truth, and we'll find that out. Not that Harry will give a damn, of course. Gryffindors (with notable exceptions being Granger and possibly Longbottom) don't. At least not to anyone outside of Gryffindor.
Catmint chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
WOW. This is a really heartbreaking piece. You've captured Severus beautifully, and the constant repetition of the story title is really powerful. You made me cry when Severus says that it's himself that he hated enough to be able to cast the Killing Curse.

A minor quibble:

- "casts it’s light" - shouldn't be an apostrophe because here it isn't a contraction of "it is"
VanilleSky chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
Wow, your fanfic is really impressive!
Tooi ake chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
That was very beautiful. Nice and short, but long enough to get the emotions across to the readers. And I will hold you to your offer of Snape and chocolate cupcakes; I love them both. Good job.
JustJeanette chapter 1 . 8/4/2005
Yes. A well written sequence. There are too many questions in HBP for Snape to be truly evil, I admit I subscribe to the "he was ordered" theory. This works nicely.

hungariangirl chapter 1 . 8/4/2005
beautifully written
Lady Mariel chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
omg. Great writing, i almost cried again. I can't believe she make snape kill dumbledore, i can't believe she killed him at all. That's just cruel irony. Great job.
IntoTheSkyUntil chapter 1 . 8/2/2005

Hey everyone! While I don't have time to respond to every one of your individual reviews (I'm taking 3 classes at my college this summer and it's killing me time wise), I just wanted to take a moment and throw out a huge thank you for reviewing :D It means SO much to me to read each and every one of these. I'm in the process of working on a sequel to this-hopefully it will be done shortly (within the next week or so...). So again-

Take care and I wish you all a great summer writing about everyone's favorite Prince-hee hee!

PS. I have sent Snape on his way, baked goods in hand. Keep a sharp eye out ;)
GalitMirav chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
Snape's not my favorite character, but I can't bear the thought that he is evil. I really hope this is how it goes in book 7, or at least similar to it.

This was EXTREMELY well written, and it is going on my favorites list.
Crescendo chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
I really enjoyed this. The 'if only they knew' repitives were great buoys in the vignette. I hope you continue to write. Poor Severus. I'll make sure to give him a large hug and a cup of tea when he delivers my cupcakes.
prexus chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
That was really beautiful, and I think youre right.