Reviews for Growlanser: The Dual Darkness
Luna's Meow chapter 7 . 1/7
Well, that last chapter was short. Shame you never finished.
Cuzosu chapter 7 . 7/5/2010
Lol. Now that's a mean place to leave us! *mock chiding*
Cuzosu chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Interesting...and I like the fact that you have at least made an effort to make your writing not be painful to the eyes. Although you could still rephrase a few things and have no problems. Reading the same word too often in a short period of time can get old. Switching things up entertains the readers. I should know; I'm working on several fan fics and a few more original stories right now, and I'm always changing the way I phrase things.
Lach Feragh chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
My god, thank you.. Your prologue is just like the game, it brings back memories.. I really love the storyline of this game but i lost the game and i cant find it.. Please continue. I miss the story so much
Angel of Dawning Destiny chapter 6 . 9/7/2006
Oh, this story is the best one on this site! NICE JOB
Featherian Kari chapter 6 . 8/13/2006
Wah, extend-o-chapter. But it has Monika, and she is amazing. You pulled off her character well, especially her speech. Looking forward to more updates (and what ending you choose)
Some Random Reviewer chapter 6 . 8/13/2006
Hey, I liked this one. The entension was very enjoyable. You have a gift for fight scenes, that's for sure. And incorporating the Growlanser techniques. That was a very tactful way to squeeze Critical Hit/System Shock in.

Having them want to save time by moving to Bornia was a good idea, and elminated backtracking. I accidently power leveled here, going into places I shouldn't have. Didn't figure out to talk to Monika for a whie. Anyways, good introduction, although you might want emphasize her shyness a little more. Although maybe that's for later. Still, it would be nice to see something nagging at Slayn's thoughts considering her father. Maybe later though.

Now, Michelle...I feel sorry for her now. That is a pretty sad exsistence. But, I'm going to hope she lives. And that Slayn will bring her the little gifts. The art supplies will probably have to wait until he needs it.

Well, I enclosed my e-mail. I'll be looking forward to the hint. I'm looking forward to this fic, it's got combat, some emotion, and lots of flexibility. I'm waiting with bated breath for each chapter. Later!
Some Random Reviewer chapter 6 . 8/9/2006
Whe, update! So sorry I didn't review right away, but I couldn't figure out what to say. And I refuse to waste a person's time with a three word sentence fragment. So, time for an in-depth review.

I liked he dream sequence, and Raimy greeting Slayn as he woke up. It added some emotion to the whole scene, and helped define Slayn better. I never did like how he never acts without the player's imput. But, his personality seems to be shaping out nicely. Introverted, good guy, and confident. I like it. Although Gray kinda gets on my nerves, that's none of your fault. Didn't like him in the game, don't like him now. I remember when you wrote about Slayn suddenly learning Perimeter Pulse. I didn't say it then, but if he's going to be seeing gray's memories, won't he see his own as well? Maybe remember a few spells or techniques from his time as a Dark Lord? It could be Monika's father explaining a move, or himself perfecting a spell. Just a thought that may help writer's block.

Next scene, Slayn and Annette. Good interaction between the two, and I liked the fat joke. Sounds like Annette, and Slayn's reaction was good. I can't judge him as well, because he's Slayn as you develop him, but again, I like where he's going.

Now Hugh's entrance was well done. I liked how he was overplaying the part of an eccentric traveler. And the part of the butler nearly cracking a smile was a nice touch. It goes to help demonstrate hugh's charisma. Yes, I believe him to likable as opposed to annoying, although his real self is better. Plus, you also mentioned how Hugh was listening from such a great distance. Another little point to his powers, along with the wind comment earlier. I love foreshadowing, especially after I know the story. I like picking up on the subtle hints.

'If all else fails, he can serve as a living shield,'

Well, okay, maybe Slayn's nt that good a guy. Then again, that would have been my thoughts on Hugh. He wants to go out into dangerous territory? All right, if he's worthless, he's bait. Practial and brutal.

Slayn hates his pale skin, huh? Never thought about that. But, since he's a Dark Lord, and gray's an assassin, I suppose it's right. And it should prove amusing later on. The comment pertaining to Raimy should also be a nice little chapter. And let's not even consider the possiblilities of Slayn actually falling for Raimy. Which makes me thinnk, what will you do for the ending? Pick a pairing, or write multiple endings? I'll be happy no matter what, so do whatever you want.

Well, that's about it. Hopefully, you get this update before you consider dropping this fic. Reviews are hard to get in this section. Update soon!
Veronica The Mischievous chapter 6 . 7/5/2006
VTM: XD LOL! Nicely done! You portrayed Hugh so well! I Loved the 'If All else fails, he can serve as a living shield' bit by Slayn! X3 Great job!
Veronica The Mischievous chapter 5 . 4/18/2006
VTM: XD Awesome! You updated! I really like this Chapter...you describe the characters so well! XD you rock! Keep up the good work! Oh and I love that outtake at the end! Hugh/John Haas is so funny! XD
Some Random Reviewer chapter 5 . 4/18/2006
Yees! An update! You know, this really brightens the day. Nice to finally see some real emotion in Slayn. Any chance for Slayn-Monika?
Ruler of the Penguins chapter 4 . 2/21/2006
Awesome work! I love this! But looking at the date on this fic I'd say you really need to update...
crystalshirazu22 chapter 4 . 2/12/2006
Hey! Thanks for the tip you gave me. I'll try to modify me poem. Can you make me a Riviera x Wein one-shot mature?
Some Random Reviewer chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
This is a very nice fanfic, the Growlanser 3 deserves to be novelized, and you're doing a great job. I'd like to see Slayn/Monica (Think that's right), but developing Slayn should be a high priority.

Please don't let this fic die, it doesn't deserve to.
fanfiction critic chapter 4 . 10/25/2005
I speak for several people who are all reading this but are to lazy to write. I agree with you that growlanser is one of the greatest tactical RPG I have ever played so this fanfiction is almost garenteeded to be great. My only concern is that you finish this story and not quit half way through like so many fanfiction writers. Also I think you should develope Slayn and Annette's relationship alot more then it was in the game but its your story.