Reviews for Paralysis
Saileasa chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Okay, so I just came over here after reading and reviewing your other Batman fic. As I said there, I'm not comfortable with writing reviews, so this'll be much shorter than the last one. Anyway, I just wanted to say that this was as amazing as your other one. Exceedingly well-written ("Sheets of water ran down the windshield, but the road ahead was blurry for more than one reason?" Brilliant!). Wonderful insight on the friendship/family of Alfred and Bruce, as well as on their trust in Fox. I especially liked "He had locked himself away and hidden the key. Alfred was a constant, though - sometimes he found the key when Bruce had forgotten where he'd put it." You managed to sum up that entire relationship in just two sentences!

Keep up the good work!
Lorien Urbani chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
This is a wonderful story focusing on Bruce and Alfred. It's rare to find such a gem on this site, so thank you for writing it.

I'm glad you focused on the two days Bruce was "out". I always imagined it to be a very emotional period for Alfred and you really brought that out - Alfred's worry, care, love for his Master Bruce. And then Bruce's experience, of the pain coming back, the regret, the guilt. Beautifully written.

I love your writing style. This is, all in all, a truly wonderful story.
doctorjay chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Powerful- well done!
Rox chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
In the mire of endlessly disappointing fanfiction written in this vein I am extremely pleased to have found this story. I very much enjoyed it, and the companion piece from TDK. Thank you for sharing your talent!
Hieiko chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Wow. I love the emotion in this piece.
Black Hawk chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Absolutely gorgeous. The relationship between Alfred and Bruce is so tender and palpable. The descriptions of Bruce's disorientation while sick were vivid and revealing. Fox's thoughts about Bruce and his family were also a delight. Your writing is very strong and you tell a nuanced, powerful story wonderfully well. Thank you so much for writing and for sharing. I hope you write more Batman stories if the urge ever strikes you again - you know how to perfectly fit within the Nolan cannon (and find the niches where we can glimpse character growth) and your words are a delight to read. Thank you!
NiennaTru chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
The insights you gave into each character were very compelling. I also enjoyed how you explored the psychology of the creation of the Batman from all three characters' POVs. Each perspective added a little piece to the puzzle. Very interesting and well-written. Thanks for writing this.

NiennaTru
Firefly-Maj chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Absolutely fantastic story, I wanted to hug Alfred all the time and tell him that all will be well... great style of writing, too!
HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Wonderfully, flawlessly, and beautifully written.

This line was awesome for two reasons: 'Sheets of water ran down the windshield, but the road ahead was blurry for more than one reason.' One, because you almost don't catch it the first time, until you reread it, but Alfred is crying, (two,) and you implyed that without actually...writing that, if you know what I mean...so great job with that.

This was written so well, it was very intelligent, and it is percieved by me and probably most everybody else that you put a lot of thought into this fic. Your vocabulary was smart, your grammar near perfect, and every sentence flowed fluidly and with ease.

Great job.

Sincerely,

HoistTheColours
CD1996 chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
I realize this is 'old', behind the current Dark Knight times and all - but in my need to feed a rekindled Batman obsession and the desire to entertain myself in an empty house, I consciously began perusing the older stuff that readers tend to forget about in light of the new.

This was masterfully done! A beautiful one-shot with insight and feeling. I'm a sucker for hurt/comfort pieces. This one fit the bill and was worth the digging it took to find it. Characterization and exploration of the bits of movie you used were spot-on. No added frills or unrealistic interpretation, but instead a true 'continuance', if you will, of the scenes.

Thanks so much for sharing...even if it was awhile ago!
gaap237 chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
I found it very weird that they didn't include Bruce under the effets of the toxin in the movie. I mean. I wanna know what happened! They only show Alfred near tears and Bruce suddenly waking up. They should have included something. I mean, it as 2 days!
SaJi chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Wonderfully done, I enjoyed this peice very much and hope that oneday you might return and write more in this fandom. )
MyDirtyLittleSecret chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
That was amazing. I really enjoyed this short story. I think you did an excellent job. Thanks for the great read.
Estel Kenobi chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
*stares*

*re-hinges jaw*

HOLY CRAP!

I'm sure you realize how difficult it can be to find more then the barest minimum of decent Batman fanfiction...but this isn't just 'decent'! This is amazing! BLOODY BRILLIANT!

Not only is it an awesome missing scene...but your writing style is just...GAH it's incredible! So vivid...and so appropriate! Alfred is my favorite character in the saga so when someone such as yourself captures EXACTLY how I picture him...I think I'm in love...
Deep Sorrow chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
Wow, that was awesome! I love filler stories, and yours is one of the best I've read. Really great job, and thanks for sharing!