Reviews for Back to Baghdad
not2believe chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
No, I don't think I'm reading farther. Throwing water around was a bonehead stunt: no excuse. Even for religious ablutions, Moslems "wash" with sand rather than water, as their religion specifically enjoins, they have such an avoidance of wasting water on journeys.

Also, Moslems are used to rising at the start of dawn their entire lives. The least light wakes them because that's the time of their first prayers of the day, with the second set at full sunrise (and noon, sunset, end of twilight-where are their prayer stops?).

Ahmed wouldn't have done these gross mistakes on his journey north, let alone after the events of the movie. You can't excuse that, so if he needs to fight Sayyid, you have to make it over something else, like a matter of jealousy over leadership slipping into Ahmed's hands.
racardo chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
yo yo yo yo yo yo hi
David McCard chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
got me involved sorry the story ended very good
weez2610 chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
don't sell yourself short, i actually thought this was really good
Antiope chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
This is a great story! Good work on Ahmed's character development! Take care and kudos to you!
pirategirl87 chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
an awesome story! 13th Warrior is 1 of my fave movies! i loved the detail you gave to the sword fight. keep up the awesome work!
Wahshedahblah chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
I liked it, but it seemed to be a bit off. If you remember the movie, he left on a ship. Couldn't he have sailed to Baghdad? Also, you said "He didn’t know much about animals, but he could tell they were full of poison." I would think, with all of his skills and such that he would have known much about snakes, especially being born and raised around that kind of terrain...That movie was awesome. "Only an Arab would bring a dog to war." Ha! Arabian horses are the finest in the world! :P *lol*

-Me

PS:I'm in the middle of it. Usually, I wait until the end, but I had to say it before I lost it. :P
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
Excellent story. well written.
Alec'sAngel494 chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
that was realy great, i loved it.

tory
BayouWraith chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
Woohoo! I've been waiting for someone to write a 13th Warrior fic! It's one of the best movies I've ever seen! And you did a really great job. Ahmed was completely in character. I'm so glad you wrote this!

PS: Don't worry about the silly capital letter after quotation thing. My MSWord capitalized that automatically and I have yet to figure out how to make it stop other than going back and fixing it manually. It doesn't detract from the story at all.
ModestySparrow9 chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
I decided to read your story because it stood out. Jk, it is really well written though. You took your tiem to make a great chapter, and I really like it. You are really talented.

Modesty
RachelClaire chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
:D Cool story. A very nice sequel. One point I would make it that, after speaking, you put a capital letter to start the sentence: ‘No!’ Exclaimed another man. ‘We do not know these dunes.' The 'exclaimed' should be spelt without a capital letter. Just a nit-pick I have