Reviews for There Without a Map
shizuka03 chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
the writing was beautiful and while I understand that the point of the story is that some things are random in life but the lack of direction makes me feel incomplete and weird after the whole story, or maybe I didn't read the story close enough anyway.

Some portrayals were spot on and I think the characterisation of Yukimura was kind of interesting cause I'm not familiar with Rikkai that much, but I feel that Sanada would not have quit tennis, he may hate losing, but I think he hated quitting more, but thats just me.

All in all, this was an interesting fic.
Shiraume chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
I can't believe I didn't leave review for this story before. I read this again, six years after the first time, and I am still in awe. This fic is without a doubt one of my all-time favorites for the whole TeniPuri-dom. And let me not even go into how you totally guessed all of Konomi Takeshi's dark, secret plans for fanbooks, Pair Puri, and ShinPuri; that's beyond scary (and you should really be kind and share your sekrit access code to Konomi's brain with the rest of us).

Your portrayal of both Fuji and Tezuka is absolutely brilliant. They are in character, witty, and so very /real/. Well, your characterizations are to die for on an average day, but Tezuka here is perfect - the same Tezuka who nailed Kite with a pillow without so much as blinking in the OVA. I absolutely adore how understated all the boys are, so that they feel like real boys and not cardboard fanon stereotypes of themselves. And there is always that hint of /more/ underneath, more than what is being said and done on-screen, and reading your fic makes me feel like I'm getting to know people who are real and have real personal history and secrets to tell. But the most charming aspect of your fic is that you show them as they are in the canon (tenniholic dorks extraordinaire!). Eiji calling Fuji a deserter is right on target with the Eiji that I love from canon: funny, whimsical, a bit childish at times, but still cute - because he really is someone who /would/ say that and not mean anything bad. Your Rikkai is still my favorite Rikkai ever, and always will be. :D (And yeah, Yagyuu is totally, utterly evil and Niou pales in comparison. I can't believe you figured out all this way back in 2005!)

Both the style and the ending fit the title - and the theme - perfectly. There isn't a map, or a set plan to follow. Anything is possible. And that? is /wonderful/ indeed.

To summarize: I LOVE YOUR FIC AND I LOVE YOU. :D :D :D
Eru no Tsubasa chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Nice! A nice, subtle portrayal of the reality of life and change - and things that don't change, like still pebbles in a river that flows on and on. The ending was nostalgic and wistful, lovely. XD
EmeraldSapphirine chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
oh nice...how nice... This is it? and why is there no ending? i feel like i just wasted my time mehn...

I know it and somehow i get it. but i just really want things said you know... There should have been a proper conclusion. Especially for a long one like this. ive read it from the beginning and something kept me going (nice narrations by the way) and i feel that you are deliberately being unfair when you didnt give it a proper conclusion...

Gaaahh

I actually read it...
ojuzu chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
I love how this feels so serene and real.

If this fic were my life, I would be happy. :)
terrorofthehighway chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Wow. Pointless. I'm serious. I kept reading it to see if there was a point, and I was, like, wth, when I reached the end. But then I thought, why did I keep reading it when it was so boring? And I realised: because the subtext is interesting. Not bad.
Makayla chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
I loved how you managed to portray a whole relationship with very little actual interaction and the language joke made me giggle XD but then I have a very odd sense of humour
serenitatis417 chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
That was really, really beautiful.

Your language is really exquisite, witty, and engaging, and I really liked the futuristic setting of this fic.

"I don't know yet. I could do anything. Isn't it wonderful?" Fuji asked.

"Yes," Tezuka agreed.

The last two lines were really innovative. It was not quite an ending but a start of a new beginning.

Reading this made me feel really... calm.

Good job, and thank you for writing this!
solaesce chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Pretty neat story. Personally, I think that Fuji should have went with Yukimura.
Neon Genesis chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
Wow, deep-ish. I love how you portrayed Yukimura!
vierblith chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
I know the point is now moot... but let me complain: There should have been more passionate TezuFuji kissing especially after how the YukiFuji kissing was described! Wah!

Otherwise, I love how you portrayed Tezuka and Fuji during the time they were apart. -hearts!-
Kat R. Fair chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Oh fantastic, I loved this fic to bits and pieces.

Fuji was perfectly done, and I loved Tezuka's dry humor.
ketchupblood chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
I loved this Just... imagining Fuji at Rikkai is so wonderful, isn't it?
veranear chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Ahh...I really loved this. T_T For some reason, I really like the exchange at the end between Tezuka and Fuji. And the whole Yukimura/Fuji game. And vice-captain Niou! I almost died.

That was honestly amazing.
Ulat Bulu chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
A very good AU fic. Good job!