Reviews for Outside Looking in
Brenden chapter 15 . 6/23
goodwork
Shoetsu Otaku chapter 15 . 6/11
Hahaha, what a way to end it. I like it, though it would have been interesting to see how Cade helped Danny talk/tell his parents. Keep up your great writings!
RayvnAshes2 chapter 15 . 4/30
Awesome. I'm not usually a fan of OCs, but I quite like Cade. The one person in all of Amity Park who isn't directly involved that isn't an oblivious idiot.
Ambiguous Cake chapter 15 . 4/27
After reading quite a few of your stories now, I decided I should probably comment on one. Cade is a really fun character to read. I picture him as like apollo justice from the ace attorney series, i dont know why, but that's what he feels like to me. the psychological analysis and in depth characterization of... everyone was just awesome to read. 'cause everyone has a story to tell, even if they're the high school bully. so I like that you went into that with everyone. I keep back tracking in your stories to find where you first mention Cade, but so far I don't think I've found it yet. I'll keep looking.
yuki chapter 15 . 4/9
Oh God, this is the best psychology fic I have read. I have a request. Can you make fic like this but in Beelzebub world? Or Bleach? Because it's kinda awesome when I imagine it to be.
I love this fic! Great job developing Cade's character, and you write the psychology really well.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 15 . 2/24
Eaugh. The ending. I don't know. Maybe I was totally over-hyping it, but I feel like it was a little downplayed - though, I do suppose it reflects Cade's personality in this sense, he's not one to blow things out of proportion. Nonetheless, I think it was mostly Danny Shadow that threw me off. I'm pretty sure he's not a canon character and I think the DID (which is the new term for MPD) episode was when he was split by the Fenton Ghost Catcher and instead of two, he ended up being three? That's the only answer I have. I'm not entirely happy about it, but this series was written well enough for that to be mostly overlooked. Probably. I think that if Shadow's presence had been brought up in chapters before this one and the previous one, I'd like it a lot more. There's kind of a deus ex machina sort of feel to it, which kind of irks me, especially with how abruptly the fic ends. Still, I really enjoyed this as a whole. The writing style, the characters, the plot, all of it fantastic.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 14 . 2/24
...uhm what? I know you briefly brought up "Danny Shadow" but who- wha-? I'm confused and that detracts from the overall strength of the story. What's going on? I liked everything up until the mention of Shadow...so I'm going to read the next chapter in hopes that it will shed some light on this...
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 13 . 2/24
He's so close. I love him, he's great. The plot's been progressing nicely and I love the ally that Cade has found in Danny and that Danny has found in Cade. I hate Vlad and I cannot wait until Cade figures everything out. You've really developed his character. He's no just a flimsy OC that's been inserted to introduce perspective, but he's actually got a personality. He's got defining habits and emotional reflexes. His thoughts can be followed quite easily. Which is great for the reader who is following Cade on his mystery solving. He's very close and I love that he's so intelligent yet down to earth and genuine. Nothing like Vlad. Moving on to the next chapter!
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 12 . 2/24
Realistic. Short, sweet, and to the point. It's an almost uncharacteristically human thing of Paulina to be acting like this, but perfectly logical given the reasons you've included. I'm still wondering if Cade ever finds out whether Danny Fenton is Danny Phantom. The emphasis on him seems to have shifted, but you mentioned it in an author's note earlier, so maybe.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 11 . 2/24
Kinda VERY glad this isn't the last chapter. Cade's (and by extension, your) knowledge of everything apparently: philosophy, psychology, literature, western culture, eastern culture, possibly law? Not to mention Cade is also physically fit and not a old man? Oh and a skilled tactician? Cannot let go of a character that great, so easily. As for this chapter, I like that they fight, though I feel that, while Cade's awesomeness shouldn't be ignored, the absence of Jack and Maddie's fighting was kind of a gaping hole. But that gap was mostly filled by admiration for Cade, so good enough. I like that you still have the time to include Danny's snarky sarcasm in the chapter even with the action. Your portrayal of Jack Fenton was also incredible. Most of the time people just dismiss him as an imbecile, but he actually knows what he's talking about so the dynamics you described between him and Maddie are much appreciated. He's also pretty articulate here, too, so bonus. Applause.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 10 . 2/24
And Cade magically deters Valerie! I'm not even complaining. It's completely logical and in character for the personality you've given him. I am actually so in love with this plot right now, it's incredible. There are so many little human qualities that you don't forget to include that makes everything all the more realistic. Good job.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 9 . 2/24
I feel like a broken record with the amount of times I've said I love the way you write each of the characters. The back story you've given Cade, it makes so much sense. I also love that he's related to the military, even if remotely. I used to be a cadet, so y'know, soft spot. I love that he just gets to the point, no beating around the bush, no bullshit. Excellent work. Especially since his low opinions of Vlad is sure to get points with Danny.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 8 . 2/24
I love that you didn't antagonise Dash. I love the way you gave him a motive to bully, giving him more realistic human characteristics. You just keep making the characters better and better don't you? Cade is super cool, I definitely approve. So much logic and care is put into every interaction and nothing is said or done without reason. I can't stop praising this piece.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 7 . 2/24
The fact that Cade has an ofuda on his door is great, though basic ghost-proofing is expected, it's just cooler this way. I was wondering how you'd be able to start a file for Phantom is all and this is certainly surprising, but a very pleasant surprise. Also, Danny being interested in Dissociated Identity Disorder, which happens to be my favourite mental disorder, just makes me love this fic even more. You have a style of writing that expresses everything in a sort of clinical perspective, but in no ways lacks personality. It's poetic and elegant, it's not overplaying anything either. Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.