Reviews for 18: Too Little
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
And that my dear, clears up a hell of a lot of things that have confused me about John, and makes everything about his withdrawn social skills and demeanour a lot clearer. I really liked it, and I love Lucy and her acceptance no matter what. It's no wonder the poor kid withdrew so badly after her death; she's the only one who even tried to understand properly. Scott tries, but he'd outta his depth. I really loved it! Xx
zeilfanaat chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Aw! Lovely story.

Poor John, way ahead in his thinking. But wow, he really is a brilliant little fellow.

Interesting last two lines... makes me wonder about that one time...

Great job, thanks for sharing!
Agent Five chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
This would perhaps seem a little far fetched if I hadn't once had the pleasure of meeting a small person just like the John of your tale. Granted, my little friend was 3 at the time but word combinations of the 'astonishing paradigm shift' nature easily rolled off of a somewhat lisp-heavy tongue.

And his mother was just like Lucy. Full of pride and encouragement. But so very tired!

This little glimpse of the past is really wonderful and I enjoyed reading it immensely. But I'm afraid I feel obliged to echo the thoughts of 'darkhelmetj' and drop a not so subtle hint - well, beg - here for the next instalment of 'There Goes The Neighbourhood'. And soon!
barb from utah chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
This is just way too cute. I can definitely see John saying and doing those things. You can see the closeness of John and his mother and big brother. The differences starting to show in his and Jeff's relationship. Great work.
darkhelmetj chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
Wow, did I ever enjoy this! Firstly, I love your take on Lucy. She seems exactly what she would need to be in order for the boys to end up the way that they did.

And did I ever enjoy reading about John . . . he is a moody litte one, isn't he? The line about him reading the book had me in stitches. So did the Encyclopedia. ;D Poor Scott, he doesn't know what he's up against.

"Gross! I’m never, ever going to do that, no matter what!”

That is the best line in the entire story. That, or the very last one, which leads me to believe that something interesting is about to happen in "There Goes the Neighbourhood". :)

Needless to say, I'm really enjoying these prequel stories and I hope that your muse sees fit to provide you inspiration to write another one. :D