Reviews for Message from the Heart
cuppycake chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Whoops it didn't fit :p

But what I meant to say was when

Anna saw Atton when she was in the speeder, It reminded me of the song 'Life after you' by Daughtry. Lol, but great story!
cuppycake chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
""C'mere, Mori! Come to Aunt Anna!"

"Eee!"

"You're too good with him, Anna," said Revan as she sank down onto the couch beside her friend. The auburn-haired Jedi Knight looked up from making faces at the four-year-old boy she held on her lap and smiled sadly.

Kalanna reached up to smooth back the boy's wayward bangs – which popped immediately back into place – and said, "I just hope I can have one of my own someday. Maybe more. At least now the Council won't be too against it."

The former Dark Lord laughed at that and smiled brightly, her teeth flashing white in her tanned face.

"Oh, no, they won't! Not after the talking I gave them when I came back and they tried to separate me from Carth again. Separate me from the man that gave me the will to survive, will they? Ha! I'd like to see them try!"

"As would I," said Kalanna with a wry smile. Revan returned the smile then her left hand shot forward and slapped her son's hand lightly.

"Morgan Onasi! What did I tell you about touching things that aren't yours?"

The four-year-old turned smoky gray towards his mother, a pout on his little lips. He glanced at her face then ducked his head as she eyed him sternly.

"No twoo," he muttered after a moment.

"Exactly," said Revan, plucking her child off her friend's lap. She tucked him tightly against her and kissed the top of his head, trying like Kalanna to smooth down his wayward bangs. When they sprang back up again she sighed and said, "You had to inherit your father's hair, didn't you, little one?"

"Yeth, Mama!"

Revan laughed then looked up at Kalanna, who was watching the pair silently. She saw the longing in her friend's eyes and leaned forward to lay a hand on her arm, drawing her eyes.

"Come," she said, "Carth won't be in until late tonight and Dustil is coming back today from Kashyyyk in an hour."

Kalanna smiled and said, "And let me guess: Carth doesn't know."

"Not at all. Dustil wasn't supposed to be coming back for another month but apparently all he was doing to help Zalbaar and Mission with their mercenary problem got finished sooner than he thought. He contacted me privately and asked me to keep it quiet."

"I take it you two are actually getting along better now?"

Revan nodded.

"We're perhaps as close as we're going to get," she said. "He still doesn't like me but he accepts that his father loves me and that I'm the mother of his half-brother. But he doesn't blame me for his mother's death anymore, which is an improvement from our relationship ten years ago."

"That's good. So, are we going in your speeder or mine?"

"I'm tempted to take Carth's pride and joy," chirped Revan with a mischievous grin. Then she frowned and added, "But if I did that, we couldn't fit everyone in…"

"We won't need that much room," said Kalanna with a confused frown. She slowly began to count off names on the fingers of her left hand. "There's you, me, Morgan can sit in my lap, and Dustil will be able to fit in the back with his bags…"

"Statement: I will also be going."

Kalanna turned and found herself looking up at the tall form of HK-47. The combat/protocol droid had regained his memories – again – after meeting up with Revan once more. She had been happy to find the psychotic droid no longer calling her 'master' when she returned from the Unknown Reaches but it had been vaguely disturbing when Revan had bounded up and hugged the big droid. The former Dark Lord had, to the dismay of all who knew her, spent several thousand credits to buy parts and had repaired the damage done to the droid herself. HK had quite happily proclaimed afterwards that he was glad to be back with his true master and it felt…nice to know she still cared.

Kalanna was of the opinion the droid was starting to go soft.

"Hopeful Statement: Perhaps there shall be some meatbags that I can blast."

Then he said something like that and confirmed that he was the same old droid.

"Only if they attack us first, HK," said Revan, patting the droid on the arm. "And even if they do, I want you to retreat and take Morgan with you. Understood?"

"Statement: Yes, Master. The young mea – er, child shall be my first priority."

"Good. Ready, Anna?"

Kalanna nodded and the two women walked out of the house and down into the garage. Morgan was now happily sitting on HK's shoulders and banging persistently on the droid's oddly sculpted head.

"Query: Master, can you cease the small meatbag's bashing? While he may not be able to do any true damage, a dent upon my frame would just not do after all the work you went through to fix me."

"Morgan, stop beating on HK. And don't call him a meatbag, HK."

"Statement: Yes, Master."

"Yeth, Mama!"

Kalanna plucked the boy from the droid's shoulders as she climbed into the four-seat speeder Revan had started up then watched as HK clambered into the backseat. The big droid looked about for a moment then cocked his repeating blaster and growled, "Ready!"

Revan rolled her eyes and gave Kalanna a humored look at the droid's behavior. Then she drove her foot down on the speeder's accelerator and they shot out of the garage and into the bustling traffic of Coruscant and headed towards the major starport in the city.

Nearly an hour later, Kalanna was holding Morgan as Revan went to ask if Dustil's shuttle had arrived. HK hovered behind her, earning fearful looks from most passing by them as he held his blaster menacingly.

"His shuttle should be coming in soon down at Gate 12. If we head down there now, we should make it just as he gets off ship," said Revan as she returned, a broad smile on her face.

"Statement: Master, these meatbag's are staring rather strangely at us. Excited Query: Can I blast them for this, Master?"

"HK, what did I say?"

Kalanna heard the droid sigh behind her and he said, "Exact Statement: 'Only if they attack us first, HK.'"

"And I meant that," said Revan. She then squeaked as a Twi'lek said something over the starport's COM system and cried, "His shuttle's early! Oh, Anna, please just wait here. I'll run there and get him and bring him right back. Mori, sweetheart, stay here with Aunt Anna and HK and be good."

"Yef," mumbled Morgan as Revan kissed his cheek before dashing off through the crowds towards Gate 12. Kalanna watched her go and smiled when she saw the petite form of the former Dark Lord dash through the crowd at Force-enhanced speed.

"Statement: I do despite waiting."

The auburn-haired Jedi chuckled at that and said, "You and I both, HK. You and I both."

Abruptly and without warning, she suddenly felt a presence slide across her mind. Her entire body twitched in reaction to it and she immediately expanded her senses, trying to seek out the presence that had startled her.

It had felt so familiar…

…switch the 1 to –1 and you get 20…

"A-Atton?" she gasped, the name nearly choking in her throat. She looked around frantically, trying to find the face she'd seen in almost all of her dreams for the past five years.

The presence suddenly stopped masking itself and she spun around to find Atton standing behind her, his dark eyes boring into hers. She felt his eyes rake over her and she did the same to him, taking in everything that was the same and that had changed.

He looked haggard and worn, like he'd done nothing but travel in the last five years with only random bath's in-between and sparse changes of clothes. The ribbed half-jacket he wore bore several new patches and beyond that all of his clothes were unrecognizable. Her eyes drifted up to his face, which was as haggard at the rest of him with stubble littered across his jaw and upper lip. His dark hair had grown out so that it fell over his eyes but she could still see them behind his bangs.

And his eyes were still that deep soulful brown.

"Hey, babe," he said softly, smiling warmly at her. Then he saw Morgan and his face fell, causing Kalanna to take an instant step forward.

"Atton, no, it's not…"

"Statement: I remember you, Rand."

Atton groaned and cried, "Oh, for the love of Pazaak, not you again!"

HK seemed to smirk as he said, "Insulted Exclamation: The fool of a meatbag did not miss me! Sarcastic Statement: My processor aches from this knowledge."

"Hey, I'm no fool, you infernal bucket of bolts. Oh, and congrats, Fae. Glad you moved on."

"Now see here you!" snapped Kalanna, absently noticing that Revan and Dustil were returning. "Morgan is not my child!"

"Oh, yeah," hissed Atton, betrayal and hurt flickering in his eyes. "Then who's is he?"

Revan sauntered up and plucked Morgan out of a surprised Kalanna's arms then strode up to stare defiantly up into Atton's face.

"He's mine," she growled out, her blue eyes narrowing. Then she lifted her right arm and jabbed the scoundrel solidly in the chest, which made him wince and stumble back. "Now kiss and make up!"

"Who the frak are you?" growled Atton, rubbing his chest. "And how the hell do you pack such a hard jab?"

Revan smirked and pulled off the glove on her right hand with her teeth. The dark gray metal of the droid arm that had replaced her real one glinted slightly as it reflected the lights above them and Atton's eyes widened in recognition.

"Revan."

"Hello, Jaq," she said with a sad smile as she tucked the glove into her belt. "I know this is probably a decade or two too late but…I'm sorry. For all I did and all I dragged you into. Especially what I turned you into."

Atton glared at her for a few minutes then his shoulders slumped and he shifted the pack that was slung over his left shoulder. He then sighed and shook his head, saying, "Hey, it was my fault too. I followed you. Nobody forced me." His gaze lifted then and he looked at Kalanna, a small smile twitching his lips. "But that's behind me now. It's the past. I think I've got a future to look forward to."

Kalanna gaped openly at him, almost unable to believe
machievelli chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
To be posted 17 September 2010 on StarwarsKnights under The Critic returns and Lucasforums under the Critic’s Two Cents.

I will tag those I liked as pick of the week. Check at StarwarsKnights for the best of the best.

5 Years Post TSL: The long awaited reunion of Atton and the Exile

The piece flowed very well, the reaction at their meeting and afterwards perfect.

Pick of the Week
Onyx Panthera chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
I read the two pieces that come before this one, however, I must admit this last one is my favorite. Well written and I enjoyed reading this story very much.
Katie chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
Aw! That was so cute ... nice one! xx
Artemis-Delilah-Avari chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
I squee at the cuteness. Squee!

-Artemis
FaintlyAlarming chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
ek! That is the SWEETEST thing EVER! E!
Conrad Bernal chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
I loved it. Please write more chapters of this perfect writing.
Talhiri chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
Cute and very powerful. I liked it.
Clover64 chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
AW! LOVE THIS STORY! SO CUTE...
ArianSkye chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
Aw... SO CUTE! I loved it and I hope you keep up the great work!

Hugs,

Kuramas Girl Angel
gekkeiju chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
i loved this!
Gryffindorlady chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
Excellent! Keep up the good work on your writing sorry this took so long but I have been busy. Ready for next entry.
LuvsDelkoSpeed chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
Aw... I love you. :D

You ended it perfectly! Yipee!

*runs off into the sunset giggling like a maniac*

Thanks! Rock on!
qt3.14159 chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
Very, very sweet!

I really like your writing style. Your characterization of HK is fantastic.