Reviews for The Call
Mirine chapter 8 . 1/4
Ive read this a long time ago, and I think I haven't wrote any comment whatsoever because Im kinda piss off. And I thought I would feel different for now, but i don't.
I do understand that Heero left their children and Duo without a word, but Duo cheated on him. And yes, while Heero should have check on the children once in a while, Duo too should have made an effort to talk to him before signing the divorce paper so he could explain himself.
Im upset as to why everyone started to blame Heero, hated Heero for leaving Duo. Even his ex girlfriend do.
It's very obvious you like Duo the best, and I yet to read a story of yours that make Duo at fault.
While both of them made a mistake, Heero gets to be blamed by everyone and it seems no one cares that Duo cheated on him.
When Heero had warn Duo of Hilde's warning, Duo became defensive and says he doesn't trust him anymore. The same time when Heero became angry when Duo let the woman on their house longer than necessary. I believe thats enough of an incident that Duo should have told Heero that he's feeling neglected and sad. He should have talked to him when he knows that there was someone obviously interested with him. Duo did not do that, instead he slept with her. And while he says it only happen once, I doubt that he just felt that atteaction on that certain time of a certain day. If Duo really honestly love Heero, he would have stop and realized what he was doing half way. Is Duo even drugged? No.
The characters here and most reviewer just easily sided with Duo without a question just because he ask for a sincere sorry and just because the kid was sick.
If a person you love and trusted so much cheated on you, even when they grovel on the group for forgiveness, you would feel nothing close to forgiveness or sympathy and that's the truth. I even commend Heero of leaving with out hurting Duo or even blowing up. Heero had tried to contain himself, thinks everything logically, and bury those pain deep inside himself.
And what did he get? All his friends hating him? Not even one of them took his side and defend him. Heero too was suffering, and everyone assume that Duo was the victim just because Heero was the one who left?
Im not so easily swayed with how this drop dead gorgeous Duo, sweet, lovable, kind, charming, all positive adjective has no fault. And that its justifiable to sleep with another person because he was feeling lonely. He was fucking feeling lonely because his partner need to work his ass off to provide for them. Heero knew beforehand how an additional person to their life would cost, and since Duo wanted it, he gave in. Additional two children, 4 mouths to feed. Heero needs to work and notched up his resume to get a better paying job. And while he's doing that, Duo cheated because again what? He's lonely. Duo never even bother telling this to Heero. So it should be okay that he sleep with someone because he felt neglected? And that everyone should hate Heero because he leaves? WHAT?!
Quatre, Wufei, Trowa even. I don't get it. Its like they completely forgotten what Duo has done. Like Heero is not even their friend.
What pisses me off more is how everyone been saying that Heero should ask for forgiveness? Yes, probably because he did not do his part of seeing the kids. That's only his fault. And yet everyone calls him selfish. Should Heero really have no sense of pride and feeling and just let it slide?
And then after Heero sees the kid and realized their predicament, you wrote Heero of being so guilty. Seriously? Yes, he might feel guilty because its his children but the guilt you're pointing at is his leaving them.
I honestly love some of your story, but this is the least stellar among your Heero x Duo fic. You worship Duo so much that you can't put him in a bad limelight. It kills the story. The both of them should feel sorry, more so of Duo. Duo should have been surprised when seeing Heero the first time and not cold and angry. He should have at some point told his friends that its not Heero's fault, and that they should not hate them. That it was his fault. Quatre should be like, "then tell him whats happening to the kid if anything else, Im sure Heero would help, he deserves to know Duo." and Duo would like, "Heero had given us everything. I can't possibly ask more support from him Quat, after all that happens. I deserve this. I deserved to be left behind. Until now I could not understand why it happened, why i cheated on Heero. " and then Quatre should be like, "It's not about between you or what you did, it's about the kids life. Heero needs to know. You need to inform him Duo, if not I will."
From that alone, its very clear that Duo too is selfish by not telling Heero.
Anyway... I could not just believe the supporting character here. Everyone bullies Heero even though he's the most likely to deserve the sympathy.
Uruwashii Inochi chapter 8 . 5/29/2014
What an amazingly happy and sad fic! I feel like I cried through half f it. Absolutely fantastic work.
Anonymous123456787654321 chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
Wow this is sad already! Jeez
GwEe FreaK chapter 8 . 10/1/2012
I cannot express how this story reach out to me.
You have unknowingly described with a short story some of the trials and errors one commits in ones life.
This is an amazing story I relate to.
Reconstructed families is something I used to think were not the best of ideas (that's saying it mildly), but now I see or I've come to notice how people need others, how humans have this unending capacity to reach out even though they aren't saints...nor related.
It's just very nice to read such a story filled with humane emotions.
Very nice fic, you have many stories that are good, but this one just really reach out to me.
Again, I say ,Nicely done.
Loveless8 chapter 8 . 5/16/2012
I cried, I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose a child. The way that you wrote it I could feel the pain and heartack come off the page. good work!
Stella chapter 8 . 4/17/2012
This story was simply amazing. The emotions were raw and real. Having lost many of my own family and friends before their time, I could really relate to it. Bottom-line, one of the best fanfics I've read.
ShadoweGoddess chapter 8 . 2/28/2012
After reading this... I was in the middle of reading this when I discovered my rat had died.

SO I cried like a baby, more than I would have otherwise.

You have a talent... I wish I'd see more recent updates from you.
Eggenoot chapter 6 . 12/18/2011
As a parent of two...it was hard reading this chapter but it was too gripping to stop. Just wow
Ravenpan chapter 8 . 1/14/2011
Wow. phew. I'm very glad to see them so far down the line, and what became of it all. My heart still feels shattered, mind - but life goes on, and they did - and that made it all very good. :)
Ravenpan chapter 6 . 1/14/2011
Even having skipped to the end to figure out the warning, I still was unprepared for how much this chapter has torn me apart. I'm sitting at my laptop, watching three of my four children nap, and the thought of going through what these characters just have is a nightmare to me. Words fail me.
Lena7213 chapter 8 . 10/6/2010
Here is one of those suporvlate reviews that comes 5 years later.

I loved your story! I cried, a lot, but I had to muffle it down so I wouldn't wake my dad up. Also, I am usually not the one for Duo being all weak in ff but you really had the emotions down to the core. The plot was flawless. Absolutly perfect. I am the same as other readers, I do truely wish Ali had more time in the story...I really liked that kid.

Anyhoo, I am off to search for another great story. Thank you for all your hard work with your wonderful stories!

luvs

lena
likkle cloud chapter 8 . 7/13/2010
! this story had me in tears! iw as wimpering like a baby!

This was such a good story! Poor poor Ali! Waaaaahhhhhhhh!

Cloud x
snuggalong chapter 8 . 6/7/2010
Good lord...the ANGST! I thought my mom was going to look over and be like, "why the heck are you crying?"

Yet another amazing, beautiful story from Dyna Dee...
mayfaire chapter 8 . 2/4/2010
Lovely as always. I just wished Ali had more time to spend with Heero but I guess those few weeks were enough to really help to patch up Duo and Heero's relationship.
defy-law chapter 8 . 11/25/2009
(O.O) Youve seriously just made me bawl through the last three chapters. I wasn't really look g for a sappy fic, but regaurdless, this one really hit the spot.

I loved this other than just a small hang up on the story line. This might just be because I really love kids, but I really can't see someone just up and leaving their own. I almost felt like there's some sort of flaw in that reasoning. Maybe he could have attributed the immediate abondonment partially to the frustation he may have been feeling or something. I understand his immersion into the training he'd previously lived by and how he immediatly rebuffed into that sort of feeling, but I really felt there should be more behind the split than just Duo's one time, immediately regretted and admitted drunken shag.

Regaurless of my own personal hang up on that reasoning, I truely fell in love with the story. And the children. Also, you really put their greiving into perspective and put the reader into story. Truely feeling the loss and pain the characters are experiencing.