Reviews for The Boat Race
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
Bless...this is perfect. And yes, it can be so, so tiring - but the older he gets, the more he has to contain himself and be what his Companions need...because he needs them so much more than they ever need him.

This is perfect. This is perfect and wonderful and completely Eight and Sam. Thank you.

*HUGS*

Mandy
timano chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
Beautiful and touching. I couldn't have written it any better.
Wingstar23 chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
beautiful. simply beautiful. words so vivid it hurt, emotions so raw and real that i wanted to pull the Doctor to me and hold him until the pain went away, to tell sam he never meant it and make it alright again. maybe i'm too used to the way you write the 8th doctor, but he always seemed to have that smaller, more fragile side and i'm so very happy you wrote this. heart-stoppingly sad and yet the message is so strong, it knocked me over. you showed the doctor's pain and the emptiness inside of him so well that i almost hate sam for not understanding- even if i know she couldn't possibly. loved the closing lines- only you can make tears rise in my eyes with only two lines. brilliant work and i hope there's more like this sometime.

~Tenshi Kitsune~
Alice I.W chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
Beautiful.
Joss Ri chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
Wow! Short for you, Roku, but very moving and powerful. Couldn't help but shed a few tears over Sam's pain. You've already caught me and I VOW to review your chapters the minute I read them...promise!
Jessica Wolfe chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
Very nice. You captured the Doctor's feelings well I think. He seems so strong and powerful so much of the time, and that has to wear on him. What a sad way to live though. Always being strong for others, but never having someone to be strong for you.
TJ chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
I was just dropping by to see how this story was faring on ff net, but I found myself reading through it again, marveling for a second time at the smoothness of the writing, as well as the fact that you've managed to infuse this beautiful, aching sadness into every word. I really can't express how impressed I am by this story, except to say that it's something I can read through again and again, even though it's painful, just because that's how well it's written. As a character study, it feels utterly real, showing a humanity and vulnerability to the Doctor that is extremely canonical, and yet which few authors succeed at capturing. All in all, a brilliant, gorgeous piece of work, unquestionably one of your finest.

And yeah, I know I didn't have to review. But I wanted to.