Reviews for The Point of No Return
Nina chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
wow! no offense, but when i read the title and description, I thought it would be stupid. I was utterly mistaken! The way that you entwined the lyrics with the story was pure genius! Brava!
Faramirlover chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Great story. i love the way you've worked the lyrics into the song.
Velvet Song chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
PoNR is my FAVORITE PotO song and Grima/Eowyn is one of my favorite pairings. This was well done.
Linwe Ringeril chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
This is awesome, and you really weaved the words in very well. That's my favourite PotO song, and my favourite LOTR couple.
atricesparrow chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
Wow, this was really good! I like how you used the "Point of no Return", for a totally different fandom... and yet it works very well, especially with this pair :)
Gaslight chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
If more songfics were like this, fully integrated into the story, I'd read more of them. I don't know the POTO musical (just the silent movie and Leroux novel) at all, but I think I figured out what the lyrics were. Maybe...

Anyway, I read this because the search engine pulled it up as a Grima romance. And G/E is even better! Great fic and excellently crafted tensions.
Mietta chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
the song kindof works for grima, i mean he's no erik of course. but then again who is these days?

it's when eowyn starts with the lytics that the story goes downhill
Freya Coral too lazy to login chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
::goes to take a cold shower::

Wow! All I can say is, great job! I loved the way you captured the sexual tension between the pair, as well as keeping them both in character. (Of course, the title caught my eye, as I'm a rabid Phantom Phan. :D )
Voldie on Varsity Track chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
Wow... I can't believe I haven't read this. I thought I did. Whatever.

This is going on my favourites list when I sign in!
Flyting chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
Woot! POTO and G/E is a very good combination indeed. _

And Grima is one of the only characters who can get away with actually speaking lyrics like that and not come off sounded like a deranged minstrel.

(Though I too suffered the initial mental image of his actually bursting into song at the words... Actually, it was a bit worse than that because I also started seeing the funky tango dancers from the movie. Weirdness.)

But, yay!
Legolas's Girl 9 chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
I LOVE THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA! I LOVE THIS SHIPPER! I LOVE LOTR! I LOVE THIS STORY!
SmaryK chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
Wow.

One of my favorite songs along side one of my favorite pairings.

Wow.
auri mynonys chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
First let me just say that I love you (not like that!) Of course, I love POTO, and I love LOTR, and I love Grima and Eowyn, and so it just seems perfect that my favorite author on should put them all together. This is a fantastic story (although I find myself singing all through it, and kind of picturing them singing it, and then laughing because I doubt very highly that Grima is a good singer. But if he was, he would make a GREAT phantom.) This song rocks on its own, but now that there's definitely a way for me to connect it with my favorite pairing, I love it even more. You rock my socks. More G/E goodness, I beg you, MORE!