Reviews for On Their Own
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 2 . 2/19/2018
This is great! I enjoyed it very much, although I think I would have liked it even more if one of them had gotten injured. Awesome job!
Stormcutter684 chapter 2 . 5/17/2015
oooh! What a twist! And so intense! Total awesomesauce, mellon-nin. Great job with this fanfic! :D
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 2 . 12/14/2014
Awesome...
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
This looks exciting...
Guest chapter 2 . 12/13/2014
Good!
gginsc chapter 2 . 5/10/2011
Good job. I liked it when you made Legolas trip and fall!
Ida Cippo chapter 2 . 6/17/2009
This short story was great. I have to admite I did wonder how it would end up, and I was surprised, but in a very positive way.

Not only did Legolas and Gimli managed to survive (which was not evident at the beginning) but they also managed to put down a bit of their bitting remarks.

And I so wanted Gimli to be able to use the haunty remark : "Well then, are you going to spend all of your time down here on your stomach?" back at Legolas. I freely admit a soft spot for that dwarf ;)

sincerly
Martiny the one and only still chapter 2 . 10/10/2008
AUESOME! I like this story (that only took three trys to type .;;) well soon im talking someone into getting me ludens throught (never could spell that .;; Trought? throght? thrught? throuht? throte? Thrughte? throght? GR) drops, i can't even swallow without pain. And im huunngrryy! (sry to take this out in a review to you, i can't talk right now to complain -;;)

-Martiny
ConfuzzledAtLife chapter 2 . 8/12/2008
Lol, they were both so horrible to each other...

That made a lot of sense. In the actual movie, the change is so subtle that it's basically not there, and not much explanation is given for Legolas and Gimli liking each other, at least until Return of the King where Gimli goes, "Never thought I'd die side by side with an elf," and Legolas goes, "What about side by side with a friend?" That was so sweet. What happened here in this story was placed at the perfect time, since it is around then that they begin to like each other.

I hate racism; can't stand it... so I really like this story. It shows that both races have their merits, which is true, I mean, dwarves are really strong and sturdy but if you trip them they fall, while elves are really strong as well and they don't fall but they are so sensitive to anything not completely Elven... I mean, like Legolas hates caves, REALLY hates them, and they all have to deal with immortality, which personally, I reckon would SUCK.

Are my reviews getting longer and more in depth? I feel like they are.

Thanks heaps for writing! I love your stories so much, keep it up!
Ruby Sparrow chapter 2 . 6/1/2008
Another great fic, I kind of upset that it didn't win anything on the Teitho Contest but it still great none the less.

Legolas and Gimli having to work together at the beginning of the quest that would have been fun to see in the movies. _

I have a question for you, if Pippin didn't knock the bones into the well did the 'fire and shadow' not wake and if so, did that mean that Gandalf made it out with them or did he still fall? It was just something at the back of my mind as I read this but anyway, whether he made it or not, it's still a great fic. _
ShaolinQueen chapter 2 . 4/28/2008
Beautiful friendship, even if, the one with Aragorn will be always my favourite.

Nice story!
Faramirsgirl chapter 2 . 6/23/2006
Fabulous as usual. I really couldn't have done better, and that's not easy to say, because I pride myself on being a fairly good writer
GabrielSilk chapter 2 . 3/25/2006
And ANOTHER story! Still, no evil plot bunny here. Pity. :) Yeah, that's a more understandable way of them making friends. Otherwise, they just suddenly became friends halfway through Lothlorien or something.
Kadasa-Mori chapter 2 . 1/20/2006
This so should've been in the movie! It would've been my favorite part! (hugglez) You're truly an awesome writer!
LegolasLover2003 chapter 2 . 1/3/2006
Hi oh!

Me again!

Um... *thinks* I liked it.

A nice new twist on how Gimli and Legolas could have become such good friends.

Very nicely done!