Reviews for A New Age
randomer77 chapter 4 . 2/5
the other races want the new tech huh.

well i dont think it would be the orcs cuze thatz aint tere style
the tau might do it, probably will.
i dont know about the eldar, probably will do it since there willing to use any weapon against there foes, including turning them against eachother.
as for Chaos and the dark eldar, and the necron.
they will, or try to get this new tech atleast.

and the tyranids.
well i highly doubt it, since tyranids are considered barely sentient.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/10/2014
Nope. Can't read this. I tried. -_-
Guest chapter 3 . 12/10/2014
The moment the said yes to the 'working with other aliens' thing got spoken, the only action that should have happened next is the racking of a bolter slide.

You daft git.
SlickRCBD chapter 2 . 1/5/2014
I think you should have made it that the Borg managed to adapt to the bolters and other ranged weapons rendering them ineffective save for possibly antitank weaponry, but the chainswords and axes should tear the drones apart as you had them do.
justjoe chapter 24 . 1/4/2014
I had to give up on this story. I thought that the Dark Eldar in the ST universe was too much and prevented the main universe from being fully developed. There were far too many unbelievable events going on that really didn't do either universe justice.
Illuviar chapter 63 . 1/3/2014
Well done!
Illuviar chapter 57 . 1/3/2014
Epic battle! And Epic cliffhanger :D
Iprefertoread86 chapter 71 . 10/16/2013
Absolutely wonderful. I've only recently learned of war hammer 40k and I love the rich fictional universe. And you so magically blended it with Star Trek that I've been blowing through these chapters like a fat kid through chocolate cake. Please more!
kalani.gapido chapter 71 . 9/4/2013
NOOOOOO...This was a great story...sad you wont be finishing it
kalani.gapido chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Ravus chapter 3 . 7/17/2013
I was hoping for more. None of the characters have any sense of depth, no history or weight behind their words or actions. This would have been the perfect scene for setting up the neccessary background for future characters. I also was expecting a lot bigger culture clash. When two vastly different cultures meet they don't just have tea and crumpets and have a nice happy conversation where they instantly understand each others point of view. A real first contact has pre-conceptions that have to be overcome. Even Star Trek with its positive liberal outlook never had everything go perfectly. They would meet cultures that fostered racist or sexist views, they would be forced into strange ceremonies to win political favours, They would even make mistakes themselves, especially the original series.

To state again, the Federation is a democratic alliance of multi-cultural planets and species who act with technological supremacy and high handed morals having defeated poverty and hunger for their worlds. The Imperium is a Theocratic pro-human anti-Xeno Empire worshipping a corpse that they feed thousands of souls to every day so that they can commute around their empire while they fight against hostile powers with old technology they barely know how to use.

You don't feel it. I don't feel that the Space wolves live in the Imperial universe. Their actions and words and mannerisms (what few are mentioned) do not reflect the history they should have. Neither do I feel the weight behind the federation words and actions. Less so then the marines, as the typical federation stance would probably entail being aloof yet open in a negotiation. The minute the Marines spotted or heard about the federation having aliens in it S*&% should have hit the fan. When you live in a universe where everything none human tries to kill your body, eat your soul or fracture your mind, you are not going to go "oh, okay, so they have aliens as friends, that is different". Instead your response would most likely be, "OH C*&$ these humans must be being mind controlled! We must save them!" or "Heretics! Consorting with foul Xeno Scum! Burn them all!"

It isn't always easy to keep characters in a story consistent with their backstory and mythos. But that is the challenge and if you ignore it and try to hand wave reasons away so that you can force outcomes then you lose suspension of belief and the words on the page are no longer a living breathing interactive story being built in your readers mind. They are just words.
Ravus chapter 2 . 7/17/2013
The Idea for a federation force helping uplift the warhammer 40k humans is a interesting premise. Especially as the 40k humans are still so bigoted and fanatical. The ease at which the Borg were dispatched is annoying, not just because they didn't seem to "adapt" which is their trademark, but also because a matched fight of some kind is more interesting to read then a simplistic curb-stomp.
Now that the action is over I hope that the characters can be fleshed out and a scenario set up.
SalemTheSpeakerOfTruth chapter 13 . 7/14/2013
Well, I mean, some OCs are okay, but this stupid "Find super powered childrens just by accident, and the fate of the galaxy depends on them" thing is just terrible.
SalemTheSpeakerOfTruth chapter 14 . 7/14/2013
Chosen ones?

*sigh*

Really? More OCs... Nope. Fuck that noise.
SalemTheSpeakerOfTruth chapter 3 . 7/14/2013
The only aliens I know of are the subhuman Ogryns who serve in the Imperial Guard." Domin replied.

There are actually a handful of abhuman races accepted in the Imperium, with most of them being in the Imperial Guard. Squats, Ratlings, and Scalies come to mind.