Reviews for Zoro and the Incident of the Mary Sue
An Apple chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Thank god. Someone with enough sense to put a Mary Sue in a fan-fiction, but to make the fan-fiction against Mary Sues. XD
Le Requiem chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
some major lol-factor right there XD
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
The author's eyes narrowed. "You!" she scowled. She had absolutely no use for the childish, innocent, cute, good-natured, not constantly serious main character of the series! "You're not bishie enough, and you're ruining my story! . . .

- That made me LOL so baaaad. :D

I love your writing style. At first I was kinda tempted to puke at all the descriptions you were making with Sakura, especially the part "curvy in all the right places," But then I read the last part. XD

KILL THE MARY SUES! :))

Thanks, your story really made my day! Keep it up!
vivaciousRingo chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
Hitting where it should! Well done!
DiaryoftheWorld chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
I laughed so when she was talking about her past, and people tried to help and she flipped out on them XD!

Although, right now I'm making my own One Piece OC. She suffers from the "falls in love with canon character syndrome" (Zoro...) To me, having an OC in a romantic relationship with a canon character doesn't automatically make them a mary sue, especially if the character isn't in a relationship in the canon.

But I'm still not sure if my character is a mary sue or not.

Anyway, great parody!
cinnamon-shake chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
OMG I LOVE IT! I was supposed to be doing a past paper online but was reading this instead and it was SO HARD to keep a serious look-at-me-I'm-studying expression! I just kept smiling and grinning the whole time :D
The Sage chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
My character only has one of those symptoms, thankfully - falling in love with a canon character (Nico Robin). I never really liked having an OC/OC Relationship.
Linhae chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
*tips over* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh YES. I died three times over when reading this! The whole narrating her angst and people stopping to actually help thing cracked me up! Especially the whole "ruining my angst" thing. They really need to get over themselves. xD

Personally I wrote my own OC, and I was most pleased when my character didn't have any of those traits! I do love a good parody, but I also love a good crack fic. ZoroxOC crack fics are fun in my book, so long as they aren't taken TOO seriously. But that's not to mean anything, it's just me. :D

The point is I absolutely loved this! Here's to keeping an OC Mary Sue-free! *cheers*

~Linhae
SilverStream101 chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
AHAHA! I seriously could NOT STOP LAUGHING THROUGH ALL THIS! This was SO freakin' funny! XD LOVED IT! XD (I hate Mary Sues with a passion, so I really had a good kick outta this.) This is definitely worth reading again some time! :)
Aka Pine chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
OWN!

Mary Sues make bits and pieces of my soul curl up and die. XD

Although I think some people try to make Original Characters, but maybe they were misguided and made Mary Sues instead.

...I hope I didn't just curse myself. :X

Poor Zoro. You know, I'm pretty sure about every page or so of Zoro romance on this site has a story where some random Mary Sue molests him, poor thing.

Good parody though.
Rexan chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Yes! And my OC has no symptoms of the greatly avoided Mary Sue-itis. xD Hilarious fic, by the way. I've never read a full out Mary Sue fic before, but I've read stuff quite similar to one. Loved this. X)
apannah chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
*goes on floor and starts to worship author*
Amethyst Turtle chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
HELL YES. FINALLY. Someone who has some level of intelligence on this Mary Sue-ridden site...

Don't forget "able to decipher poneglyphs" and "has a Zoan fruit that someone ALREADY has *cough wolf wolf cough*"

Jyabura: Damn Mary Sues...
Cloud-Ima chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
XD This successfully brightened my day. Thanks so much for raising the awareness of Mary Sues. Seriously, all Mary Sues just need to die.

But, there are a couple of things I kind of have a problem with in your symptoms of Mary Sue-ness. XP

Tragic pasts don't make a Mary Sue. Look at Robin and Nami. They had horrible pasts, yet, they're no where near Mary Sues in my opinion, unless I'm taking your definition of 'tragic' wrong.

Falling in love with a canon character isn't all too bad either, so long as the whole making the canon character OOC rule doesn't comes into act. I honestly like OC / Canon so long as both are carried out in a realistic way.

Those two are the only things I really have to complain about with the symptoms. Otherwise, this story is awesome, going into my favorites, and you're going onto my watch list. 3

And sorry if I messed up anything, it's 10:30 on a school night and I'm typing this before I go to bed. XP
Ilex Crataegus chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
This totally made my day. :D I enjoyed it a lot, and you're right, there are far too many Mary-Sues and Self-Insertions out there :P
114 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »