Reviews for Comfort
2Awesome4Life chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
(Sing-songy) LOVED IT! .
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
That was a rather exhaustive exploration of Raven's mind / motivations / emotional state, and very well done. If someone is going to behave somewhat OOC, there had better be a damn good reason for it ... and you supplied it handily.
Dragoncl chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
There need to be more of these out there. It's really depressing how little fics there are with Raven and Star just being friends and then even less that are as well-written as this. You nailed both of the character wise and the atmosphere was perfect for the scene, very thoughtful and peaceful. Good job.
anlmoon chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
good.
Weaving Bard chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
starfire really is sorta ... clueless.. she's not dumb... she's just sort of a child in many ways. I can't imagine her with her sweet assumptions ruling a planet. Thankfully she passed that along.

Raven though... definitely not the one to teach her the complexities of humanity, but who else? The "boys" even the mot mature of them... are ... still... boys.
blkdg9 chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
I have seen some of the artist's work you mentioned on deviantART before and I really like how you interpreted it into the simple comfort of friendship.

Nice work on keeping the characters... well, in character _

I suppose "the talk" will have to wait and Raven seems to be the only one who can handle such a task without much fuss.
inq101 chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
Nice work, this makes it 3 for 3.

Its a very convincing show of their friendship, very sweet. I think you made Star a little too innocent (she's an alien, not ignorant) but feel free to ignore my opinion :)
Aileene chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
Never really thought of Raven trying to explain the differences in climaxes to Star...priceless :)

I really liked this, Starfire has an innocence that I think (especially after 'switched' and a few other episodes) that Raven would be attracted to (in a friendship vibe, I am not opposed to a star/rae relationship on principle I just see them as only friends is all)

I think you had them both wonderfully in character here and you did a good job of showing Star's innocence, but not showing her as stupid.

Lovely,

-Aileene
ravenslair chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Hi, I finally have a chance read this story, and I must admit it wasn't really what I thought it might be (and I wasn't expecting anything sexual). You never fail to surprise, and you never disappoint me with your story telling. This was a beautiful friendship piece, and I thank you for allowing me to read it, Gerry
CradleToGrave chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Though I am violently (and I do mean violently) opposed to Star/Rae that was a very nice piece, with, shock of all shocks, Raven actually in characters.
Gareth roberts chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
I thought this was a great story and really got into their freindship and showed that raven could feel.

WELL DONE FAB STORY
BLACKAuraGREENStarbolt chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
hey,

ive seen that pic b4, and i thought it was so adorible. i even had it as my back round 4 a while. it was a MAD good story!i cant wait 4 your next one! email me with the link to let me know!

thanx 4 the great story
Absentia chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
I am TERRIBLe and AWFUL and HORRID.

I'm so sorry I waited so long to get to this. :( Life is crap of late, and I humbly beg your forgiveness for my forgetfulness and tardiness. If it's any consolation, at all, I copied it to take to my personal PC for reading the moment it was posted, before it had a single review.

; Unfortunately, it took me this damn long to slog through the hell that is my life (at the moment) to get round to it. Deepest of apologies, my dear Em. bows low and proffers non-fat double-fudge brownies

Now. The review.

This was... sweet. Almost tooth achingly so. grins In a good way.

You managed to show their friendhsp very well. Congratulations on a job well done. The level of comfort betwen the two girls, and the way this point in their relationship was reached was written very beleivably and naturally. It actually happens that way.

As you get to know and care for someone, just on the friend level, a measure of physical closeness becomes second-nature, something you don't even think about. Guys are always having ridiculous lesbian fantasies because they see female friends walking around with locked arms or simply leaning upon each other casually.

But physical comfort, just as emotional, is a human need. Man is a social creature, and yearns in the deepest, most primal part of him to simply reach out and touch and be touched, if only for the reassurance that one truly does exist and is not alone. FOr those of the male gender, it is (whoo big surprise) normally a sexual urge, because men are basely sexually driven. Women are more emotionally-oriented, and it is merely a thing of comfort, closeness and reassurance.

It is also a thing that comes with trust and understanding, and a natural thing to become accustomed to when two people weather a number of experiences together, both the world-ending kind and the heart-rending kind.

Also, the dialogue between Raven and Starfire was well done, and you weilded their voices with great aplomb, with Raven as always, and mad props to Jurodan for helping you to see through Star's eyes. I felt no narrational or vocal hitches in the way you wrote her, so congratulations to both you and Jurodan the Beta-man. X3 I'm sorry, that stupid little nickname has grown on me. May he forgive me for it.

Heh... and nice little chat there, about the varying and subtle meanings for the word "climax". Good thing Raven bothered to make the distinction, else poor Star might have thrown it about at the most inappropriate of times. Particularly if she had decided to use it in referring to Raven and herself in the presence of the boys. Oh, the disdasters that could wreak... xD

All in all, a very cute, sweet little snapshot into the friendhsip of Starfire and Raven. As always, it's always those littlest of things that mean the most. :)

Well, yak atcha more later, lady. Tootles!

Abbie winks

PS: I forgot to mention in our emails, but I offer a humble and deep-felt gratitude for your kind and thoughtful reviews for "Dangerous Promises" and "Storm Warning". That really meant a lot to me. You should have heard me squeal to see them in my inbox.
wylkin chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
I thought that was just about the -sweetest- fic I've ever read. Of course, I'm usually more for Star/Rae romance, but that was a really great story. I liked it a lot. :)
The Omakeer chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
Wow, that was good, really good. I'm not really into 'friendship' fics as they are usually overloaded with WAFF, but this fic really got me thinking.

Most writers seem to forget that girls can be comfortable in each others personal space without it being slash. They all forget that most girls tell each other everything, talking about guys and taking comfort in the fact that some else can understand what they are going through.

And I'll admit, like most guys I have my own ideas on what girls get up to when they are alone together. But though I can picture it in my head, I don't think that Raven would have a pillow fight in her underwear.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait for the next moment.