Reviews for The Fainting Robin
Texty Monster Halcyon chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Very poignant and thought-provoking, Caru. I like exploration through psychology and the mind that the piece seems to evoke. At first, I was concerned that the woman would be a sue, but I'm happy you chose to keep her ambiguous, yet purposeful. It adds an air of calculated mysticism to it that is reminiscent of Huxley's other other works.

Your voice blends in fairly well with the Huxley-penned text at the beginning and the end. This helps smooth it out and makes it consistent. Overall, nice work.

Happy writing! :)

-Texty Monster

-Critics United
fledge chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
So very beautiful, this separation of the Savage from John. Very deep thinking must have led you to this amazing variant of the bleak end of the story. After all, REAL salvation can only happen beyond this world. And it does not have to be the conventional Christian afterlife, either...
maxtreme225 chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
This is a good example of writing that brings in additional, eye opening elements yet still managed to stay true to the original story. Good job!
MeddlinRush chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Holy shit. O_O

I'm speechless. Utterly freaking speechless.

"I am the Omega."
TheZorpisuttle chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
I went from "Oh, gods, not a Brave New World Mary Sue!" to "It's an Emily Dickenson angel, that's adorable!" I doubt you intended her to be Emily Dickenson, because I'm not even sure if the robin poem was hers or not, and I couldn't place the second one at all, but for some reason, despite her Native American garb, all I could visualize in my head was Emily Dickenson. I blame the horses- it reminded me so much of "Because I Could Not Stop For Death". :)

...so... um... anyway...

This gave me great delight! Love that John gets some poetic redemption at last. And the last poem- very appropriate for BNW.
naenaegurl456 chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
Amazing addition to the end of the novel. Very well written. You stayed true to writing style and technique of Huxley to the point where I almost forgot where your addition ended and Huxleys began again. Very well done! Kudos!
Bardlover chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
Nice tweaking of the story.
jaded image chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
Oh, wow! I really like this take on the ending. You didn't change it or anything, more like expanding it so it's better understood. I think it's quite fitting that John is "saved", so to speak. Beautiful writing.