Reviews for Selfless
pikachu chapter 9 . 3/4/2008
Still waiting for an update, after all of this time. I hope you haven't forgotten about this story! I heart it very much, one of my favorites! D
yavanna chapter 9 . 9/4/2006
"Besides, all she wanted was to have a little talk with him and then, if he wanted, he could fall back into the drunken haze."

...waiting... waiting... I want to see her conversation with David (especially as his usual defenses will not be in place)... love this story, and hope you have not given up on it
YG chapter 9 . 5/9/2006
I so love this story, and am eagerly awaiting the next chapter! Son please?
Me chapter 9 . 2/4/2006
You know, I was just thinking about this fic yesterday. I honestly can't see any reason why you would feel this chapter doesn't flow, because I loved it. Bringing in the Leo memory was perfect and I love Greenlee's innocent return to her roots.
yavannasgrandmom chapter 9 . 2/4/2006
I don't know why you feel this one doesn't flow. It does, nicely- in fact i'd say it's one of the best flowing chapters.

I LOVE the little character touches you put in here... I am trying to figure out what that record was. I love that you are drawing Leo into this.

I eagerly await the next chapter. I know she wants David to go with her that evening, but unless he has a superliver, he has to still be at least half drunk when they go- which could be interesting. Though I'm wondering if they actually make it. This Leo/Record connection seems like a knife that can slice through some barriers. This is good stuff.

Not bad musical taste on David's part either, but no Beatles? ;)
Lynn chapter 8 . 12/12/2005
Yea, a bitchy Greenlee. I love bitchy Greenlee. I can't wait for David to get over his hangover cause then things are gonna get interesting. Poor David had such a sad childhood.
DavidsMuse1 chapter 8 . 12/11/2005
Greens is a "heartless nasty bitch" who just realized she's in love with David, the only other man other than Leo who would love her for it! Once again, you've gotten into their minds perfectly, along with cute, chracter-driven details like David eating his cereal from a coffee mug and Greens trained to use ALL possible utensils! Greens has made her life-altering decision, their tension is building ... I can't wait for more! :)
yavannasgrandmom chapter 8 . 12/11/2005
Wow! Great stuff! Love the way you get into both their heads, and it fits well.

Update again soon!
ABCsoaper chapter 7 . 11/21/2005
I don't think I can take it anymore!

I must have that David and Greenlee moment!

I don't think I can hold out much longer. :)

Really this is too good!
ABCsoaper chapter 6 . 11/21/2005
OH!

So much sexual tension!

I'm craving a David Greenlee moment!

I'm so sorry that I'll never get to see David and Greenlee take their relationship to the next level on AMC!
abcsoaper chapter 5 . 11/21/2005
WOW!

I had to reread this chapter before going on to chapter 6.

*sniff*

WHY didn't ANC give us a taste of David and Greenlee?

You've caught me wishing that Greenlee wasn't leaving AMC.

Thank you Missy. :)
PumpkinMush chapter 7 . 11/21/2005
This was great. What is it about a drunk David that's so appealing? LOL.

You really do get into the character's heads very very well. I wish the show had gone the direction you've gone in this story. It is far superior to what they did.
yavannasgrandmom chapter 7 . 11/21/2005
"Leo had done that; no matter how much he loved her, no matter how much he needed her, he had never hesitated to call her on it and, god, it had always meant so much to her, that he could be so honest with her and have faith that she wouldn’t just lose it at him."

Very true, and this hits on one of the two reasons Ryan/Greenlee didn't work AT ALL. The other reason is, of course, Greenlee and David were just plain better, chem wise.

I'm so glad you updated!
DavidsMuse1 chapter 7 . 11/20/2005
Aw, David wanting Greens and instantly she was there for him, knowing he was in a bad Dixie state, yet still not aware she was the one who really had him going over the edge! I SO loved David remembering Greens "glowing" with Leora! :) This is very insightful, character-driven writing MJ, I can't wait for more! Will David awake to the delightful sight, feel and wonder of Greens in his arms again, she never making it to the shower because she just needed to hold him and contentedly fell asleep? Will she learn about some of the demons haunting his dreams? I certainly hope so! :)
Lynn chapter 7 . 11/20/2005
I've been hoping for an update of this fic after we had some David/Greens interaction on friday. You did a great job with getting in their heads in my opinion. I loved Greenlee's thoughts on her marriage and how it affected Kendall. I also loved that while David reacted to Dixie being alive he still thought of Greenlee. And I don't know if it was supposed to, but the 'humping a leg' thing made me laugh out loud.