Reviews for Tom and Harry
udderpd chapter 3 . 8/9/2005
Of course the story is still excellent.

Dumbledores hand: all I can think of is that it was dammaged by a trap when he tried to pick up the ring.

TTFN UdderPD
Finbar chapter 3 . 8/8/2005
I reckon that Dumbles hand wasnt hurt by the Horcrux, rather, it was something horribly embaressing like a horrific roasted lemon drop based accident. Rather than tell anyone he let them assume it was the horcrux. After all, Harry destroyed one of them with no ill effects, no explosions or anything:)
projectjay chapter 3 . 8/8/2005
Loved your fiorst story and am enjoying this one
rokerbaby93087 chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
I read 80% of the first chapter (I really don't have much time - I'll read the rest later). But I did come to read it - more constructive reviews once I read more. It's great so far though. :) Thanks for reviewing mine.
RMRilke chapter 3 . 8/8/2005
...

I like how you switch points of view. Most my problem with HBP was that Hermione and Ron were so out of character and I couldn't begin to figure out what they were thinking.

You're laying a good ground to build on as always.

As for what happened to DD's arm... I think that he put the ring on. Or Snape, in his infinate wisdom and arragonce put it on and DD got hurt helping him get it off. I don't think Snape knew about the Horcruxes though.

Keep writing! As my beta says MORE MORE!

Dee
frozenwands chapter 3 . 8/8/2005
hey great story keep up the good work

Frozenwands
Serious.Effort chapter 3 . 8/8/2005
I assumed it was the result of a curse placed on the Slytherin ring to prevent all but those of Slytherin line from touching it. Nasty curse from a (supposably) nasty guy.

Excellent work this chapter. Although you never did explain why Petunia was suddenly being nice...unless I missed that part? (I'll go back and check) Will it be coming up later?

I hope to see more soon.

-exile
grovepjp chapter 3 . 8/8/2005
I dont know, but what the heck happened to fawes
BenRG chapter 3 . 8/8/2005
Another good episode. Harry seems to have got his act together regarding what he has to do, which is fairly in-character for the end of HBP. It should be interesting to see how much damage he can do now that he is legally allowed to use magic.

Regarding Minister Scrimgeour, I suspect that he is on /his/ side, no one else's. Of course, since he and Harry have a common goal - stopping Voldie conquering the world - they will at least be able to co-operate, if nothing else. Scrimgeour also wants Harry's co-operation in his own political plots, so I imagine he will dangle the occasional carrot, although I am somewhat surprised that the issue of licenses wasn't conditional somehow.

Tom is in a pretty bad mood right now, and I can't blame him. The last 24 hours have been something of a setback. I have no doubt he has other reserves on hand but loosing an agent like Borgin is always troublesome, if only because he must be replaced. Nott has proven competent and obedient, so he might find himself doing some extra work over the Summer.

I'm looking forward to the first gathering of the Ministry Crew. It does not surprise me that Dumbledore wanted them in the order, although Molly's reaction to this will probably be unpleasent at best.

I wonder if Petunia still has a role to play. Her behaviour suggests that she has an agenda of her own.

BenRG's Rating: 7/10

In answer to your question, I think that the burns on Dumbledore's hand was due to some kind of security system on the Signet of Slytherin. It is unlikely to be a consequence of blowing up a Horacrux as nothing of that kind occured when Harry impaled Tom's Diary.

The destruction of the Diary indicates that no special methods are needed to kill a Horacrux - just destroy the physical integrity of the object and it will cease to function as a Horacrux. It could be argued that, as the Diary was a prototype, the later Horacruxes might behave differently but I don't think that argument works as the spell would be identical, even if 16-year-old Tom was not as skilled a wizard.
Nathalie-z chapter 3 . 8/8/2005
Hee Scott,

Great chapter again. I can hardly wait for more.

So what did happen to Dumbledore’s hand?

- Wel I think we will find this out in some kind of letter or pensive memory that Dumbledore let for Harry. I even think that he left mre info about the other Horcruxes in said letter or pensive memories.

Now as to how he got hurt. I think that there was a kind of poison in the ring that would leave a kind of chemical or radio active burn if someone besides voldie or someone send by voldie would tuch it.

Or a simple solution that he burned his hand in a special fire (one that if you get hurt by it that the wound won't heal) to get to the ring.

Well keep this going and I hope you have had some help with my answers

Nathalie
kaiserzacc chapter 3 . 8/7/2005
what did happen indeed...i don't think that HArry should trust the order...work alongside them, certainly...join them...no...the chances that someone else in the order was turned is too great...he should trust the people that he mentioned and very few else
The Dark Lord Potter chapter 3 . 8/7/2005
ok im sticking with this story for now. you're right none of your stories have ever ended h/g and heron. so im trusting that you'll keep true to that. I also hope that hhr get more time than they did in the four apprentices. oh and are you going to finish letters and lunches?
atlantis-rob chapter 3 . 8/7/2005
Great job OC, man is shorts going to flip when he finds he was emptied out! Too frickin funny! Excellent job on harry's shopping trip and tonks' later explosion over harrys care over the years. Excellent job on the moody talk as usual, you do a great job with him advising harry. As for his hand, I suggest Dr.T's smoke series either on TDA or Schnoogle, can't remember which...It's in the 4th chapter I believe.
Shawn Pickett chapter 3 . 8/7/2005
Outstanding chapter, great story. Thank you, I rather liked the whole bit with Borgin, I also like that Scrimgeour was willing to make allowances for Harry to carry on as necessary. I wasn't certain I liked him in the books, but I can certainly agree with what he's done so far in your story. Great job, thank you.
ElspethBates chapter 3 . 8/7/2005
What happened to Dumbledore's hand? Very interesting question. I would imagine a surge of magic... something along the lines of an electrical surge when lightning strikes or when something comes in contact with an exposed powerline. I can imagine Dumbledore putting a shield around himself and the horcrux but neglecting to sheild himself from the backflash when he release/destroyed the ring containing a part of Riddle's sole. There is a theory that each of the horcruxes will contain a smaller portion of Riddles sole, meaning he wouldn't have been able to take 1/7 of he sole each time, but would have to split it in half each time he created a new horcrux. What's your opinion?
1,673 | « Prev Page 1 .. 98 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 .. Last Next »