Reviews for Tom and Harry
jiw123 chapter 3 . 6/22/2011
Looks like another one of your great works, you have fast become my favourite author on this site. I know this fic is old and complete but I like to chuck the odd review in where every now and then and I think this is progressing to be one of my favourite fics, much like your other stories.

Small point (that is totally irrelevant apart from the fact that I love being British) harry is unlikely to be able to use £50 notes in Britain and certainly not in places like pizza shops; or to phrase it another way I've never seen a £50 note and virtually no shops will accept them and I've lived in england all my life. The banks tend to give out £20s no matter the amount though plastic is by enlarge the way to pay for everything and anything legal and has been for last 20years lol just thought I'd throw in the odd bit of brit picking for you ]
mydarkillusion chapter 4 . 6/19/2011
Law Enforcement Director Hammer cited Weasley's example of checking his own bottom on a regular basis as being in character with the man that he is.

Tongue in cheek that could be a roundabout way of calling Percy a a** :)
James018 chapter 28 . 6/6/2011
Fantastic story. Having read all of your stories, I think this is the best one, of those completed so far, anyway.

This reader waits every bit as eagerly and impatiently as Minerva McGonagall for the scribe to produce the next scene of his masterpiece entitled "An Inconvenient Truth".
Type Five chapter 15 . 5/21/2011
I taught him charms, Albus taught him transfiguration, Minerva at one time or another had most of the Death Eaters as students.

I am unaware if you did it intentionally or not, but it seems you got Albus and Minerva backwards. Otherwise: I love your stories. I have read a few others, and am quite pleased with your work. You probably don't need to hear it from me, but keep up the good work.
SciFi43 chapter 15 . 5/16/2011
Tempted to stop reading this story when seeing that bit about the 'American Vice President who invented the internet'. What a piece of completely incorrect information. Wonder if it's an honest mistake or a political statement.

Please note I have nothing against Al Gore. He's done some great things - but those do not include the internet.

Liked what Dan said about the wizard world being old fashioned. Was hoping John Thomas would introduce Muggle weapons. Wouldn't mind seeing some flame throwers, grenades and/or machine gun nests (silenced around Diagon Alley) around the wizarding areas. Seems like they are sitting ducks.

Also, why doesn't the paper make clear Voldie needs funds? That way shopkeepers could better hide their money or stash more of it in Gringotts.

Don't mean to be harsh with the criticism. Only writing it because of how much I'm enjoying the rest of the story.
SciFi43 chapter 14 . 5/16/2011
A very sad chapter. Seems they could have obliviated and used his magical skills in some other way (still in Australia). Curious to know if he would still have 'accidental magic'.

Think the 'optional laptop' is silly. Laptops in 1997 were huge, clunky, slow and cost about $3,000 minimum. 12th graders had no need of one as few would have them. A desktop would have been much more likely.

Disappointed not to see some future legislation regarding 'friendly fire' come out of this incident. Can't believe it's the first or last time something of this sort would occur.
EricS chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Just wanted to add my praise to another of your great stories. Your ability to meld canon with AU happenings make "Tom and Harry" another winner. Thank you!
amsev chapter 14 . 4/1/2011
This chapter was so incredibly poignant. It's one thing to lose someone to death, but to lose some this way...
Fresh C chapter 8 . 3/12/2011
I wasn't going to review until the last chapter, but this one was very well done. I really like the bluntness of your narration. You say what you mean to say, and let the impact come on its own. No punches were pulled with this one, and I found myself almost cringing as I read scene from scene, seeing the deaths of characters I'd grown to like (some of them I didn't like in cannon but came to respect in this story, like the PM...).

Good job on this chapter and the story in general. I really enjoy your writing style.
Rune's Magic chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
Nice story cant wait to finish
Hoyt Oesterling chapter 28 . 2/12/2011
While the story was enjoyable I was left with a single question that plagued me throughout. What ever happened to Narcissa Malfoy? She was only mentioned once in chapter two and subsequently forgotten.
FirePhoenix86 chapter 28 . 1/31/2011
This story was epic. I'm usually not a Harry/Hermione fan but I loved this one. The only part I had a hard time accepting was Ron. I would have preferred him to have been killed, but I was so happy that you had the Potters see Ron in Australia and have them plan on keeping in touch. I only would have enjoyed having Harry and Hermione maybe showing the Weasley's the memory of Ron happy and healthy.

I love the changes you're making to the school. Its so antiquated and old fashioned. I was impressed with the idea of the First year orientation. That's a wonderful Idea!

I happen to know Abraxan fairly well and got a kick out of seeing her pen name in here. Lynda was actually the one who recommended this story to me...lol.

Great story! Can't wait to see the sequel!
Abraxan chapter 28 . 1/20/2011
Hi, Old Crow! I've been reading fanfics on my Droid phone since September when I had total rotator cuff surgery. I've worked my way through many of the authors I've known over the years and got to you just last week. I just finished reading "Tom and Harry" - I knew you'd made me Minister of Magic, but I didn't realize what an important role Minister Abraxan had in the story! And what a story it is! I thoroughly enjoyed the read and am off to read another.

I hope you're still writing. I've had two novels published and didn't read fanfics while writing them. I normally don't read fanfics while writing my own fanfics either, which is why I'm so far behind in fic reading. I'm working on a 3 years post-DH story now that's up to 40,000 words and still has a long way to go, but I'm being hampered by the fact that I've gotten so engrossed in reading all these wonderful stories! It's hard to tear myself away from reading to write.

I hope you're doing well and that you continue to write! I really enjoyed your story.

Abraxan
Jessalynvix chapter 28 . 1/13/2011
I find myself returning to reread this again because it is one of my favorites. Granted I've read all of your stories more then once upon discovering them. I'm glad that I found your updated bio saying you were back. I had begun to wonder if you were okay since there hadn't been an update for so long.

I look forward to seeing an update soon.
Paco Weasley chapter 4 . 12/20/2010
I like where this is going so far. You're not evolving Harry over night. I agree with getting Rita Skeeter out of the way, but did ya have to kill 'er? I bet that hurt like hell. Can't wait to see how you play her disappearance.
1,632 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »