Reviews for Tom and Harry
Itachi's apprentice chapter 20 . 10/10/2011
Itachi's apprentice chapter 14 . 10/10/2011
Itachi's apprentice chapter 5 . 10/9/2011
brigrove chapter 28 . 9/12/2011
While the visit to Ron was nice, as was their tribute at the wedding, it didn't undo the injustice and I always thought that Harry and Hermione fought for what was right. Instead they've basically rescued the Ministry and Wizengamot (who allowed Voldemort to flourish in the first place) so while there is hope that things may change in the future, justice is conveniently shoved aside.

If I'd been in the DA, I'd have walked out on Harry and Britain after the wedding.
brigrove chapter 26 . 9/12/2011
Brilliant chapter, especially from the "thoughts before the battle" as Dan and Emma send their children off to fight and Harry leaves messages in case he dies - to the dramatic conclusion
brigrove chapter 25 . 9/12/2011
Horrible. I speak of the subject matter, not the writing. Having to kill children to stop them killing others.

I guess Hermione will have a new research topic - non lethal ways to stop Werewolves
brigrove chapter 23 . 9/12/2011
In Britain the game you call Clue is called Cluedo (I don't know why)

"It never occurred to him that he hadn't dreamed since he had first split his soul"

I love your attention to details like this

The blessing from the mothers and fathers present was a moving touch
brigrove chapter 20 . 9/12/2011
"I can't be your therapist." She then says what she can do, which is pretty much exactly the same as what a psychotherapist does. (I've had quite a few)
brigrove chapter 17 . 9/11/2011
Harry's the Ministry's man through and through now. Cooperating in a publicity stunt (the awards) when Remus was excluded through prejudice.

To use an Americanism, when is he going to grow a pair?
brigrove chapter 15 . 9/11/2011
She blames you, - she's correct (in respect of Ron) because if Harry threatened the Minister, she's have no choice but to force through a change in the law.

she blames me, - she's correct (in respect of Ron) for pushing through such a badly written law taking no account of intent or the realities of a battle.

she blames Dumbledore, correctly. His refusal to take on the Ministry purebloods after the first war caused the second war.

she blames Hammer, - she'd be better blaming the Ministry and Wizengamot for open colaboration with Fudge/Malfoy/Riddle which allowed Voldemort to grow strong.

she blames Minister Abraxan - correctly, for obeying a law which was wrong. Nuremburg set the precedent. Just because something is the law does NOT excuse you if you are obeying something obviously wrong.

If so many are angry about what's happened to Ron, why didn't any of them DO something about it while they could? If the DA/Order had basically said "why should we fight, if we can go to Azkabam if a spell goes astray in the heat of battle?" both Harry and the Minister would have been forced to back down and do the right thing instead of the cowardly easy thing
brigrove chapter 14 . 9/11/2011
And the Weasleys lose another son and the bastard Harry does nothing to prevent it.

Come to that, the Weasleys haven't the guts to tell the Ministry to fuck off and move to Australia themselves.

I'm amazed the Granger parents, especially Mr Granger, haven't tackled Harry on this atrocity he is party to.

This is the first time in one of your stories where harry has lost so much of my respect that I don't really care if Voldemort wins
brigrove chapter 13 . 9/11/2011
One of the first things you learn in command - you stand by those who fight with you - unless they deliberately do something bad of course.

A mistake in a battle isn't one of the things you abandon them for.

Harry SHOULD and COULD have told the new minister. "Fine. Send Ron to Australia with a portkey, but make it two as I'm going with him. Good luck with Moldyshorts as I'm the only one who can kill him, but I'm not putting myself or those who fight with me at risk while that law stands. Your choice."

Why on earth don't any of Harry's followers have the guts to tell him to stand up to the Minister? It's almost as bad as JKRs book 5 where nobody has the guts to tackle Umbitch head on.
brigrove chapter 12 . 9/11/2011
Hogsmead just proved the confusion of battle. Harry could have been killed due to a poorly aimed spell.

If he doesn't refuse to commit the order to any battles until Ron is released, and the law changed, the rest should leave him to it on his own as he's not a worthy commander
brigrove chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
Time to tell the Minister - change the law on genuine friendly fire or I and the order won't risk any more battles and leave you to defeat Voldemort on your own
brigrove chapter 8 . 9/11/2011
How can Harry get Ron out of trouble?

Persuade the Minister to hand the investigation to the American military. They're brilliant at whitewashing cases of "friendly fire".

Seriously, in a battle the confusion is such that friendly fire happens, it's just one of those awful things about a battle
1,682 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »