Reviews for Tom and Harry
Amanthya chapter 5 . 1/16
This is going in an interesting direction, plot wise, but there's no life in it. Its basically: this happened, this happened, then this happened; end of chapter. You don't describe much in the way of emotions - everyone just asks or says things. No reference to their tone or expression, no fidgeting or shifting of weight. Ultimately, this makes for a boring read. And the Order member that resigned? No mention of why or any precautions made, like a Vow, that would ensure Order secret as were kept.
CynthiaP chapter 28 . 12/1/2014
This is the scariest story I have ever read about Harry! Edge of the seat for 28 chapters! Thank goodness for the potty breaks, or I'd have had problems.
Wow!
So, I will recommend this tale to others with the stipulation that they bring their hankies and air bags. Hold on, adults, this is a not-for-kids roller-coaster ride!

Thank you and well done!
s-david-m chapter 6 . 11/23/2014
There are quite a few inconsistencies in your story. You say Harry called Hammer from the Burros, but nowhere in the books or your story do you say the Ministry has telephones. Then there's the problem of electronics not working around magic.

You also have Alyx mysteriously show up at Harry's home that's under the Fidelius, without him having told her. I doubt very much that Harry would have told someone he's never met where he lives. The Fidelius' protection is worthless if you just tell everyone the secret.
Dementor149 chapter 28 . 11/15/2014
While I was waiting for the next installment of Dan Granger I decided to check this story out. Thank you for posting it. I really enjoyed the gentle way Harry and Hermione got together, it it was nice to see there were some bumps along the way.

I was never opposed to the Ginny and Harry relationship, Ron and Hermione was the ship JKR didn't sell me on. I never saw any couple skills that would allow me to buy it. I was deeply disappointed in what JKR gave us, I wanted to see Harry's romance, to watch him be able to get beyond his loveless childhood and find love, instead of the few paragraphs we got to see.

I found your take on the infiri entertaining, but somewhat derivative of Tolkein's undead army from Lord of the Rings. I appreciated that you tried to use more modern terms for the pre Marius reform troops, but I would have had the triarii be more like a regiment, with the maniples being platoons. Your way of dealing with the dementors was nice as well. Too bad I never read this ages ago when I dealt with the same problems in characterization for my own story "Blood Bound: A Vampire Tale", I might have made some suggestions since you asked.

Once again thank you for a very entertaining read. I will be back for more.
DaughterofAthenaPotterhead chapter 14 . 11/3/2014
I'm sitting in class, trying not to burst out into tears. this was such a sad chapter!
Ano chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Riddle murdered Myrtle in his 5th year and his father and grandparents in the summer before his sixth year.
Noble Korhedron chapter 23 . 5/5/2014
AT LAST! A RECKONING FOR SNIVELLUS! *EVIL GRIN*
xianiadramione chapter 28 . 4/30/2014
Is there a sequel on ths one?
Theres a threat frm malfoy its kinda cliff hang..
Thanks for sharing ths story...
peter delong chapter 2 . 4/16/2014
thank you, ms. Bones
Deathday Party Planner chapter 28 . 4/12/2014
Outstanding! This is my second time rereading/enjoying your terrific tale, Thank you, again, for your marvellous story!
Guest chapter 28 . 1/27/2014
Outstanding story and so well written. You made real (adult) so it was sad and scary at times. But it made the humanity shine through even more.

Congratulations.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
Why would he tell someone who couldn't protect the info
tigersmeleth chapter 28 . 9/3/2013
This is an amazing alternative to JKR. Kudos!
ReaderReecey chapter 20 . 8/6/2013
LOL. The scenes about you threw me off at first, but I find them greatly amusing. Excellent story, Mr. Old-crow!
Dagger-Seishin chapter 28 . 7/28/2013
I was very impressed with this story. It flowed well and was easy o read without oring me to death. Some scenes I could imagine to well and skipped like the fake mrs granger attack and the fake mr granger attack.
1,655 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »