Reviews for Tom and Harry
Majerus chapter 6 . 11/3/2012

No longer concerned about Snape's true loyalty, he could announce his plans much earlier and create more complex plans with the individuals assigned to different roles.

Nice point you make there.

Harry’s amazing timing is a bit too amazing, but it still worked well in the story.

His reaction to his first kill was pretty much right-on imo.

The tracking spell is nice, let them ‘get away with it’ then you can even say the Granger's are dead and stop them from being targeted in the future.
Majerus chapter 5 . 11/3/2012
I’m enjoying the way you keep track of the various aspects of the conflict – such as war chests, political maneuvers and ‘troop movement’.

Heh, ‘Harry wished Dobby was there’ and tada!… works for me :)

Too bad nobody thought to go in and shrink the Granger's goodies…

Molly was portrayed well, not budging, but not hysterical. Arthur's quiet strength was also appreciated.

The Q&A after Harry became leader of the OotP was excellent, not the least because it asked questions that still don’t have answers :p

Of the good guys, who should never be killed? (If they die, you will hate the story)
I know the story is long since finished, but what a great question!
For me it’s instantly Hermione, unless it really works for the plot.
And there’s the answer – really, any character is expendable and/or never expendable – all depending on how the character, the lead up and the scene itself is written.

A solid revenge is always appreciated – ie, Neville taking out Bella, Bella taking out Sirius, Draco killing Ron, Ginny or Hermione to get to Harry – if someone has to die.
Majerus chapter 4 . 11/3/2012

Law Enforcement Director Hammer cited Weasley's example of checking his own bottom on a regular basis as being in character with the man that he is.

Holy Shite, that’s hilarious!

OMG, one moment Tonks sees a bug, the next Skeeter goes splat… one of the biggest “minor characters” in canon, and in two lines she’s just gone.
I Love It!

Some very interesting developments, Voldy is obviously not concerned yet – which is good for Harry et-al.
Majerus chapter 3 . 11/3/2012
I noticed at the finish of Ch2, but this really emphasizes the lack of conflict that the Goblins have with wizards assaulting each other in their bank.
It seems… a bit easy and assumptive to me.

Wow, Go Tonks :)

"I'm pleased to be a part of your short list, Potter. A man like you needs a short list. Dumbledore always wanted to see the best in people. That's a good attribute for a school master. That kind of attitude would get an Auror killed sooner or later."

This may be the best way I’ve seen this sentiment expressed. It’s quite accurate, summing up why Albus was far from the best choice to lead warriors to battle, which is of course the truth of what needed done.

I don’t think Bella would compare Flint’s reaction to torture to her own abilities, I find her either psychotic enough to look at as ‘attention’ from Voldy or stoic enough to ‘just take it’

Some great movement, nice interaction as well.
Majerus chapter 2 . 11/3/2012
ok, I'm an idiot, I didn't get the whole CH1 review posted.
So... here's the rest of CH1 and then CH2 is marked.

An excellent opening ch. which, while certainly derailing canon right away, also gives some cool background scenes

The direction things go from here is far from scripted, one of my favorite things about your stories J

CH2
It’s an interesting style, the switching keeps the flow alive and that ‘barely missed opportunity’ feeling is all the more intense.

The way Draco and Snape take coins and leave notes was funny, and appropriate.

There’s a genius to the whole thing that seems very grounded.
I’m looking forward to how it develops.
Majerus chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
First off, what a great intro. A synopsis which makes things clear without giving any details.

Furthermore you finish with an alternative author for those who don’t like the concept you’ve put forth.

Very nicely done.
EmilyWoods chapter 28 . 10/2/2012
SO MALFOY IS STILL ON THE LOOSE
Jamr chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Anybody slap me male or female they better be ready to dance
Cassandra30 chapter 28 . 8/4/2012
Excellent ending!
Cassandra30 chapter 27 . 8/4/2012
Life has to get back to normal sometime.
Beyogi chapter 28 . 8/4/2012
Well, this was an interesting story. I'm not sure if I really liked your handeling of Ron, especially since it felt like you just wanted to get him out of the way for a HG/HP romance. Anyway, it could have been much worse, so I can't really complain there ;)
I liked the amount of violence and the numbers of populations. Voldemort was really doing massacres, almost wiping out the whole magical population alone. It's great to see this displayed here.

The last chapters of this story were a bit slow and could have been much shorter, but none the less this was a pretty capticating story.

Beyogi
Beyogi chapter 14 . 8/4/2012
Wow great, what they did to ron is pretty much an execution. And what will keep him from doin magic? He should still have the ability after all. Seems more like a way to just get ron and ginny out of the way for a Harry x Hermione than anything else. Malfoy gets off with an imperius excuse, but Ron get's muggled for a friendly fire accident. Sorry, this is rather hard to believe. On the plus side you didn't turn him into a traitor or something. I hoped that I could read a Harry x Hermione story that didn't do evil things to Ron and Ginny, but it wasn't to be.

Thank you for writing this interesting story,
Beyogi
Cassandra30 chapter 26 . 8/3/2012
Totally wonderful!
Cassandra30 chapter 25 . 8/3/2012
What an unholy mess! But what else could they do?
Cassandra30 chapter 24 . 8/3/2012
What a mess! harry and Hermione need to talk to each other desperately!
1,632 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »