Reviews for The Scarlet Rose
x-forbiddenrose-x chapter 5 . 10/14/2006
O! Please update!
Lotte Rose 37 chapter 5 . 4/18/2006
oh. wow this is really good. I LOVE IT! You need to update soon! I will probably be reviewing often from now on! I am so excited to read the next chapter!
Brooke ORiley chapter 5 . 9/19/2005
you really should think about allowing anonymous reviews...you'll get more that way.

anyway. tried to find this the other day, but i had the wrong penname...how was i to know you used a different one here? either way, i found it today, and i think it's excellent. your poetry is wondrous, but you are a fabulous storyteller. better than me, i'm thoroughly convinced. i can write dialogue till my fingers fall off, but i don't have your gift for the pure narrative.

all that said...this is really good. as i believe i've already made clear. i can clearly see both stories in it, and i love it. though i'm curious to actually read phantom one of these days...two of them? are there two? whatever...someday i'll figure it out. i'll read les mis, too. and you'll hear it, and all will be well with the world.

anyways, i have a psych test tomorrow, so i'm going to return to pretending to study. looking forward to reading more of this!
The New Marguerite chapter 5 . 9/7/2005
*Adds to favourite stories* This is lovely. You must update soon, there's too much for me to comment on - I love the crossover, the descriptions, and Erik's full mask. :)
Orindar's Code chapter 5 . 8/30/2005
Where have you been? I have this story saved on my favorites and I haven't seen an update for weeks! But it's ok, the fifth chaper made up for the wait. Hurrah! Christine's almost there!

Wonderful story, I love Beauty and the Beast and Phantom of the Opera. Glad you put the two together. I have been thinking of doing something similar, but don't worry I won't copy your idea. I'm going to borrow concepts from a very different Beauty and the Beast book. In mine Erik shall actually be turned into a beast by an evil sprite...a tiger! Awesome isn't it? At least I hope so, I have to flesh out the story before I can begin to write it. Anyway congrats on another splendid chapter, I'll be here waiting patiently (as I can) for the next installment. :)

O.C.
Luthien Amarie chapter 4 . 8/14/2005
Hello Averne,

I just found your story after watching "Beauty And The Beast" once again and deciding tht it would be nice to read a crossed-over story of Phantom Of The Opera and the beautiful fairytale.

I was very impressed from what I read of your story so far. You have a beautiful writing style with flawless grammar and spelling (yes, I am really mentioning it... *g* But it is really hard to find skilled writers on as unfortunate as it is) and a stunning fondness of detail, it seems, something which I particularly like.

In addition, it is quite unusual to read a POTO-fanfic where Erik wears a full mask... I have to compliment you for this great attempt on it. I myself like the "full-masked version" better than the half-masked, but find it hard to write fanfiction using that one. I've only read Leroux' novel yet and don't know Kay's "Phantom", but at the time I would not dare to touch the original Phantom and write something which is based completely on the novel (or the novels), but only bring some detail of it into a ALW-based story.

I hope you'll continue this piece of literature (yes, I'm calling it literature) soon. I'd love to read more of it!

LĂșthien

PS: If you find any grammatical or spelling mistakes, feel free to keep them. .~ I'm sorry about them, but English isn't my native tongue and, moreover, it is really late at night (2.45 am in Germany), so I'm only using one half of my mind while the other one's already asleep in my bed, hearing the voice of the Angel of Music singing songs in my head, the Angel of Music singing songs in my head...*falls into a trance-like state and floats over to her bed*
LegendsGuardian chapter 4 . 8/7/2005
Heya Averne!

So sorry for the lack of a review up until now, I had to set up an account so I could review; so now, maybe you know who I am, eh? ;)

As I have mentioned previously, (and if I haven't forgive me) this story is very good and captivating. I love the way you have managed to cross both story-lines and still make the story all your own! I was also very excited to find two new chapters over here on FFnet :)

Great job, and I'll be very upset if you don't finish this story. ;)

Catcha Lata!

LG
HermionePotter007 chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
I don't like stories with Erik wearing a whole mask
Silenced Theater of Dreams chapter 3 . 8/3/2005
I love the way you write. The way you word things is just beautiful. They display the true feelings of the characters. I also, absolutly love the idea of Beauty and the Beast together with Phantom of the Opera. I often wonder if Phantom was based off of that very story. Keep writting and I hope that you update soon.
Gabrielle Lupin chapter 2 . 7/31/2005
When I saw that this was a clash with Phantom of the Opera and Beauty and the Beast, I had to read it, seeing that I adore them both with a whole heart. I never thought of putting the two together, but you did a fantastic job at it, and I now see how the two fit.

I hope you update soon, I love the whole romance style with the beauty and the, well, beast. In all, I love it, you have such discription in everything you write about, it really brings the story to life. I'll be waiting for an update.
Shye Marek chapter 2 . 7/31/2005
You have a very lyrical style of writing. I haven't reviewed much of other people's work on this site because I'm so busy trying to keep up with my own work. However, I was impressed with your concept. I, too, have found the correlation between Beauty and the Beast and Phantom of the Opera to be inspiring.

Your style and presentation is the kind of writing I like to see in a well-written children's book. I don't know if you had something else in mind or not. There is nothing wrong if that's what you had in mind, but at the same time it is easy to confuse a reader with mixed signals.

I strongly compliment you on your vocabulary and sentence structure. I could read your work for the pure delight of your classic overtures and flowing phrases.

Are we going to see some unique character developemet or classic (non-sterotypical, I hope) personalities?