Reviews for The Boys of McKinley House
TriedItAtHome chapter 9 . 9/6/2014
Yes! I love this sososososososososo much, and nothing can convince me that it is not the most perfect thing in the world! Now, I've read some good Javid and I've read some great Javid but then I read this and... WOW. Okay. Please update soon! You haven't updates in what, like, seven years and that's a long time to just leave us hanging! I can't wait to see what the aftermath of everything is! I love your writing style, too, and it works really, really well with this story and how you've captured David's character. So please, with a cherry and whipped cream and chocolate and caramel sauce on top, please let there be more of this as soon as you possibly can!
Daughter of Pluto chapter 9 . 12/30/2012
The serial killer unit of my forensics class actually did me some good here. I understood the serial killer references without having to look them up or wait for Jack to explain them. XD
ryuuzaki19 chapter 9 . 6/2/2012
And just when it's getting to the good part too...
foofie chapter 9 . 1/18/2010

You haven't updated in 3 years! I think i'm going to die!

This is one of the best pieces of fanfiction i've ever read and it's not even going to be finished!

captivatedbythesky chapter 9 . 5/29/2009
I love you. Completely unashamedly. Ilove the perfect slashy love. I love the non-slashy love. I really really love your Spot. If I knew you I would bring you piles of cookies and would cut up pineapples for you. Yes, I would get poked to insanity by a pineapple for you. This is how much I love you and your story. I would offer you my first (un)born child. (uh and concieved) Or my gay best friend. Or my copies of Newsies or Say Anything, even.

Eww, sorry. I just fangirled you all over this, one nice and polite, review.
captivatedbythesky chapter 5 . 5/29/2009
Things I love: Newsies, Pineapple, Jello, a good bording school scandal, slash, Bruce Springsteen, and this story. And you by association.
KneazleTheWeazle chapter 9 . 8/17/2008
Wow, this was...amazing. I understand all too well the problems with writer's block and just having a really busy life in general. But I really hope you come back to his some day because it's an awesome story.
mosephy chapter 7 . 3/6/2008
Dude, I was just rereading this high-class slashfest, as I am wont to do when I am bored and in the mood for high-class slash, and I just realized something.

This horror movie about a cabin in the woods and chainsaws and demonic possession. That wouldn't be Evil Dead, would it? Because if it is... well, I just don't know what to think about that. Except that the musical is very good (not having seen it, just owning the OCR and knowing people who have). And if it isn't and you have no idea what I'm talking about, well, then, I'll just mind my own business.

But I would like it very dearly if you could find it in your heart to take a break from that romance novel and update.
LadyRach chapter 9 . 8/9/2007
Well, I'm pretty much in love with you and your stories. And I fully understand that college falling off the face of the earth. Although right now, I want to go back and re-do high school. Because, you know, I never skipped class (at least, not without my mom's permission, which makes it a lot less cool), and I never befriended townies (granted, I was a townie, technically, so I may be exempt from that one), and also I didn't go to school with a single one of the newsies. So that's a bummer. But I'm really pumped that you're updating this again, and I'm glad to get another glimpse of Dalton, and, I'm not gonna lie, even more than the development of Jack and David's romance and Race's adorable, sarcastic personality, I want to know - what the hell happens to those hard-boiled eggs? Myself, I hate hard-boiled eggs. Well, I'm neutral about the whites, but the yolks make me want to barf. But, I don't know, if they're somehow involved in a plot to take over the world (or help Jack score with David), I want to know about it. Did you know that, in an effort to get over the Depression (the Great one), the government hired people for random, worthless jobs like building bridges in the woods and stuff, just to get money circulating? There's a replica of the Parthenon across from my school (Vanderbilt, if you want to look it up for some odd reason) that was built for that purpose, and, apparently, when the real Parthenon was damaged in some war or another, they used our fake one as a model to fix it. That last bit might not be true, though.

What I meant to ssay, though, is that I love this fic, much like all of your fics, and it is delightfully slashy, and I am so attached to so many characters that I can't even decide who I want together, although I'm fairly certain that Blink should leave Rachel the hell alone and marry Izzy. I do know, however, that I want everyone to be paired off in the end, and if they can't all be happy, there should at least be a lot of sexual tension.

I'm sorry that this review's ratio of parentheses to paragraph breaks is so absurd; I feel like I should have parenthesized much less and left off a lot of my random thoughts. I refuse to reread this myself, because I think it will be painful, so I apologize for that, too.
moseph chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
Have I mentioned lately that you rock? Because I'm afraid you kind of do.
100PercentNonsense chapter 9 . 7/15/2007
Ah, I know the constraints of updating a fic but, seriously, you need to update this as soon as possible. I'm not normally a fan of AUs, but this is just too amazing and way too cute.
Written Sparks chapter 9 . 5/8/2007
I didn't realize how much I missed this story, really any story by the incredible Dakki. I re-read the first few chapters but the last few are new to me. I guess I'm behind the times. Daks-a-go-go I really hope you will update more of your stories. I miss them. I wanted to see what happened between my character "the Vamp of Savannah" and Skitts. I wanted to read more about Benny, whom I love and hate. And Race's baby. And pineapple jell-o.
Zoran chapter 9 . 4/28/2007
"O_O" AH Where is the next chapter! *hehe* This story is great, no, better than great, amazing! David is so cute and Jack is hot! I can't wait to read more _ KEEP IT UP AND HURRY!
THE RachelSapphy-chan chapter 9 . 2/12/2007
WOW! Look at me! Coming onto in GOD KNOWS how long! Once I realized what fic you were talking about that you updated, and once I had time between work, and classes, and homework. Yeesh. You are one of the very few people I'd tread through this site for darling, and this fic is always worth it.

...I mean, this is the ONLY place where I've had two boys ask me out to the same dance/party/shindig.

And you write some of the greatest Jack/David love EVER. You've even inspired me to start up a little somethin-somethin! _

Lots of love! ~ Me
Braids21 chapter 9 . 2/7/2007
I never reviewed for this before (actually hadn't even read it... I know, I'm bad), but now I am in love with this fic. :)

Prep school!Newsies are amazing. hehe and the drunk kiss? yay!

((oh, and I FINALLY got the Dalton references because I FINALLY saw Dead Poets Society. AMAZING movie. :) lol)

Update soon!