Reviews for The Long Night
LaCoquette chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
It pains me deeply how in the end Conrart is to weak to comfort his weeping brother and simply requests that he be allowed to sleep, it is a departure from the common scenes in most deathfics wherin it is the dying in their last moments who are the ones who are stong and brave, mustering enough strength to give words of love and wisdom to ease the pain of those soon to be left behind. Quite realistic and likewise adding a vulnerability to the lion of ruttenberg who often times is portrayed as having a strong and indomitable spirit in times of trouble and distress. In my mind I imagine that Conrart lived on for a few more hours with wolfram keeping vigil beside him through it all watching as each shallow breath escaped, holding his hand tightly, never letting go until his beloved brother slipped to eternity as death placed her own gentle kiss on the old soldiers weathered brow. Thank you for a haunting and beautiful fanfic.
chris'cut chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
I never thought something this short can make me sad AND fall in love with ConWolf at the same time. "The Long Night" is that powerful. I love it:)
Kaida Sora Sama chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
I love it and I cried.
Raywolf Shibelt chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
That was sweet, even with the air of sadness, it's lovely... Thanks for sharing...
harusameiro chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
Oh gosh, I actually felt tears in my eyes halfway through. That almost never happens, even in good fic. I read this a long time ago, but now I can appreciate the way it's written, just a short moment between the two as they say goodbye.
Trinity Kouya Hime-sama chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
Wow, that was so sad, but also sweet. I really liked it, although I thought it would have been sweeter if at the end instead of calling him brother he called him "little big brother" like in the show, as a kinda flashback to when they were kids. But thats just an idea. Either way its a great story!
R.S.Azalea chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
OUCH! that hurts my heart. its so sad...
Isha-libran chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Ah, you broke my heart with, this, but I don't mind because you gave Wolfram and Conrad their reconciliation. Thanks for sharing this, I enjoyed it. )
HopelessOsaka chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
This made my stomach churn badly in a sadness that gave me *happiness.*

I adore Wolfram and Conrad interaction, and I adore *your* Wolfram and Conrad interaction.

This was the sweetest, and how you handled the piece- how Wolfram spoke to Conrad, was profound.

And the end... tied everything together beautifully.

_ Luffs and kisses! Osaka-neechan
frostedchinadoll chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
very touching...there arent many kmm that tackle old-age death and this was was written beautifully...very well done. :)
Rather-Wonderful chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
*sniif* Ah... something in my eye; excuse me. Fantastic piece.
Aoife Malfoy chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
This was so heartbreaking, simple and beautiful. Thank you for this!
TricksterAries chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
That was so sweet. That really makes you think why Wolfram hates Conrad, deep down he doesn't want him to leave him. Great pov. Take care:)
Ruby Love chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
Oh that was beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Nostalgic5947 chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
Cute.

I must addmit.

Con/Wolf is a cute couple.

Plz write another!