Reviews for Soul Mate
itsyourfaultstars chapter 4 . 8/26/2011
That was an amazing fanfic. Fanfics don't usually make me cry..but this one did.
maxridefan chapter 6 . 3/13/2010
T.T! Oh, god, this was probably the best tragedy fanfic I have ever read...okay, now read that sentence again but delete the "probably". I have read hundreds, possibly thousands of fanfics, seen the movie version of RENT, and seen a good friend of mine be in RENT as Angel, and watch him "die", and have not cried at a single one of those things (though they did make me sad). But this...from the point that Roger thought that Mark's hand was cool so his fever had broken, all the way to the end...I was bawling like a baby. I had to blow my nose, and now I have a headache from crying so much. All I can say is, FANTASTIC JOB!
LostInKaos chapter 6 . 2/12/2009
I cried. I'm such a sucker for tragedy. I love it though. Very good.
hawkeye-heart 'n Seoul chapter 6 . 3/13/2007
oh my f*ing god! that has got to be the saddest thing I've read in a long time... I'm typing this review in tears... I read your story straight through because I could bear to stop... It is heartbreaking perfection and beautifully written... thank you for writing it
Sargent Snarky chapter 6 . 5/15/2006
That was... beautiful. I feel like crying now!

I know, that sounds sappy an insincere, but at heart it's not. Believe me. It... The relationship of Mark & Roger as soulmates, but not... lovers or anything like that... That's exactly how I picture that relationship.

I... uh... arg. I'm at a loss for words, which is unusual, given that I'm normally a very chatty, nattery person. It's just...

I've read a lot of RENTfics in the past month, since I first decided to read 'em, since I remembered how much I loved parts of it, loved the relationship of Mark and Roger (best friends who were more than best friends, brothers and something else, but not in any homosexual sense) and all the backstory possibilities. And poststory possibilities, too.

But, I must say, this is definately one of the best I've read (and I've read at least a hundred, maybe more), not only in writing quality and imagry, but in the story itself. The only problem I have is with the funeral, but only because your awkwardness with what such a funeral would be like shows through a bit, but even there, you still do a very good job.

Indeed, the entire fic is excellent!

Kudos and acclaim and accolades and a box of cyber chocolate for you!

Oh... random thing that I feel like commenting on: meningitis. Call me a geek who paid too much attention to her mother's tales of her nursing days, but I knew it had to be meningitis when you first began describing symptoms. -giggles- I'm such a nerd.

Oh well... Anyway, good job with either researching the disease or knowing the symptoms and such. It's terribly annoying when people have characters get really sick with just some random, made up disease with random symptoms just for the sake of said symptoms being convenient to the plot, or less... messy than real ones. So, thank you.

And thank you for writng such a wonderful, horribly sad, ineffably amazing piece! -hugs you... even though that's impossible, but... if I /could/ hug you, I would-

I have to go to bed, now, but later this week (in between the ever present school work and other things) I look forward to reading your other stuff. _

(( I may not leave a review, though, depending on if I'm reading them during school or when I'm supposed to be doing homework, or, like now, when I'm having insomnia. ))

Thank you once again! And bona fortuna in your future writings!

Sargent Snarky
meghan chapter 6 . 3/4/2006
i'm bawling my fucking eyes out...

it was kinda funny... i open up the last chapter, and see your note "yay! you made it to the end!" and i thought "god, so damn insensitive. wait... that would be the author. right. officially NUTS now..."

so yeah. wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

still crying, by the way.
prying.delilah chapter 6 . 1/22/2006
Okay, if you look at my review history, I've read tons of stories that left me in tears. But I then realized that I was PMSing at the time, so I can't really count them.

I'm not PMSing and I am crying. So sad! So good! AH! My nonverbal excitement sounds are coming now!
burn to emerge chapter 6 . 1/4/2006
That was just amazing. Usually I hate character death fics, partly because I love the main characters too much, and partly because I never think that the author captures everybody's emotions right. But Roger was just perfect, especially the ending, where the lyrics from One Song Glory are incorporated. And the part where Roger reflects that Mark was his soulmate; that pretty much is what Roger and Mark's relationship is about, in my mind's eye.
ChickInStarkTower chapter 2 . 12/30/2005
Gee, Mark's really sick, huh? I'm worried.
ChickInStarkTower chapter 6 . 12/29/2005
OMG! I was actually shaking. You should try to get this published. It'd sell a ton of copies.
Romietta chapter 6 . 12/27/2005
Oh, that was so sad! I really loved the way you had Roger think of him in a non-slashy way... Awesome job!
overth3moon chapter 6 . 12/18/2005
oh my gosh, that was amazing. jeez, i'm still crying, and i never cry! Really amazing writing and characterization.

i really liked the musetta thing.
Lyz chapter 6 . 12/17/2005
This is such a sad story. I've been crying for the past few chapters. It's so well written, but it's so sad! I hope to read more of your stories, hopefully happier ones.
Abby chapter 6 . 12/3/2005
Oh my gosh, that was truly heartbreaking. I sit here with tears streaming down my face. Fantastic writing. Absolutely awesome. )
Butterflygurl chapter 6 . 10/8/2005
Wow...that was amazering. Thanks. Very sad and very good! i loved it. Well not the events of course but the writing is very good and Roger is very good. Great job, thanks!