Reviews for Memento Mori
dandeliondreams chapter 5 . 10/2/2012
I have never been so regretful about reaching the end of a deadfic in my life :(

but I'll favorite it anyways.
K chapter 5 . 8/6/2012
Oh no! I suppose it's futile at this point to hope this might be updated? Ah well, I can dream I guess. This is such an engaging mystery, I really want to know what happens next! I like Ed's characterization, confident and determined, but surprisingly cagey and devious. But what about Allllll?
Appleblx chapter 5 . 7/17/2011
I'm sorry I'm reviewing... lets see four years since you updated, but this is a really good story, and I hope you can update it, even after a few years from last doing so
weirderthansnot chapter 4 . 3/12/2010
This good. Interesting, logical, and very well planned. I'm I liked the conversation between Havoc and Scieszka about eating faces. They had me going for a minute too.

One point of interest (and you may have heard this before and decided not to edit, and I apologize): Your French is wrong. When Havoc say "mon chou, mon cherie", it should be "ma chou, ma cherie", because the "gender" of a possesive adjective is determined by the noun it describes (Scieszka), and not the speaker. Likewise, "ma amour" should be "mon amour" because it describes Havoc.
dont-touch-me-im-awkward chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Is a little rain too much to ask for. HeHe.
Sera and Tails chapter 5 . 12/26/2007
Just stumbled across this fic, read it all in one go, and am glad to see that you are planning on finishing it (you better STILL be planning on finishing it or you and I will have WORDS!). Threats aside, love the all five chapters thus far. The Scieszka/Havoc pairing is something I would have never pictured, but it works! You've fleshed out their characters brilliantly, and for the first time, oh my gosh, I actually like Scieszka (maybe I never liked her because I can never spell her name...). The whole cannibalism thing in chapter 4 had me going for a second there too. LMAO.

The humour is ten times the awesome and the angst is great too. When Ed has an emotional epiphany, it's brilliant (loved the moment with the peach-apple). Very intrigued to see how you'll tie everything together and to see where Al is! The end of this chapter was marked with a big "DUN DUN DUN" and you know you can't leave DUNDUNDUNs hanging for very long! Update soon!

Cheers,

Tails
Short Hemline chapter 5 . 12/12/2007
I should be cramming for an exam I have tomorrow, but I found this during a study break and simply could not stop reading. This is excellent-as Miss Woodford said down below, it is an example of really excellent angst. I love angst, but most of the angst out there is truly awful, especially when it comes to Ed and Roy. I can't tell you how many stories I've read where Ed or Roy will burst into a fit of inexplicable weeping. It comes across as rather out of character, don't you think? However, in your story everyone is very much in character, especially Ed. I love all of his snarky comments and thoughts...it's as if they came straight out of the anime or the manga (which reminds me, whenever anybody tells a joke another character responds with, "That wasn't funny at all." That makes me a little confused...and a bit embarrassed...because I've been laughing out loud at all the jokes).

At any rate, your writing really allows me to feel all of Ed's desperation and barely controlled emotion, yet you do so with a light hand. For instance: "That was just a possibility, he told himself. One possibility among others, and nothing else. He needed to find more out before he started dwelling on the possibility that Al might have died." I wondered before that line why Ed wasn't worrying a bit more about Al. Then I realized he didn't want to think about it. How sad :( Anyway, you really pull some effective emotional punches because all the angst is taut and beneath the surface.

Of course, this is also just a great mystery. I normally don't like mysteries-especially not murder mysteries-but the mystery here is incredibly intriguing. I won't say that the whole protagonist-loses-his-memory-and-doesn't-know-what-the-hell-is-going-on scenario hasn't been done before, but that doesn't matter because you explore the idea effectively. I have so many questions now that just demand to be answered. For instance, I wonder, is the prologue the end of the story and the rest just a flashback, or is the prologue what happened before Ed lost his memory? Will Ed really die (I hope not)? Or is that another part of the mystery?

Anywho, this is a perfect melding of angst and mystery...especially the last paragraph of Chapter 5. That revelation broke my heart while also making me want to know more. So don't drop this, okay?
Lovii chapter 5 . 12/7/2007
Shit, don't stop there, no! I Love your story! You have to update as soon as possible! Please!
Rockenrolla Cohlawars chapter 5 . 9/13/2007
Oh, I LOVE this. Fabulous, intelligent, well-written Ed-being-Ed adventure stories are an absolute favorite of mine, and yours has an attractively original plot. No sticky obligatory romances, no terrible fanon OOC cliches, no bad grammar or misspellings or plot holes- this is great. You are great. Well done.
Krows Scared chapter 5 . 8/23/2007
OMG You have to finish this story or I'll hound you until you do...IT'S BRILLIANT!

Please update again when you get the chance (hopefully soon)
Hotomi chapter 5 . 8/22/2007
OMG AWESOME CLIFFHANGER!

I had been like " where is Alphonse? Where the hell is he?" And then...DOOM! Honestly, this is getting more interesting as it goes by.
The Eldritch Owl chapter 5 . 8/22/2007
This has to be one of the most compelling, and believable, FMA AUs I have read. I love the way you write Ed, and his observations. Please update soon.

-blackbird
DeletedAnon chapter 5 . 8/22/2007
So you're continuing this after two years? Wow. Glad you're doing it though. I've never seen a plot like this before, but that's part of the intrigue...did Al die bringing Ed back or something? I wonder...what happened during the three years..?
Dailenna chapter 5 . 8/21/2007
Ooh, intriguing! So during Ed's lapse Al has (somehow) been reunited with his body, and since no one recognises him (visually, at least - his voice might ring one or two bells for someone who's heard him talk a bit), they can't really tell that he's anyone other than whomever he might say. The logicial conclusion, since Ed woke up near a possible human transmutation array without his memory, is that Ed attached Al's soul to his body, and the Door took a part of his memory. Possibly part of Al's, too, since he seems to be perfectly happy there with the Fuhrer.

Hmm. That's just a bunch of guessing, so I'll try to refine my ideas when I get more information _

It's nice to see all of the others again. Sad how the war seems to have aged them, but it's war, and you can't really help that. Of course the moment Hawkeye says Ed has grown he thinks she hasn't aged a bit :D You can always count on Ed's inflated ego to love those who stroke it.
radcat38 chapter 5 . 8/21/2007
Your story just keeps getting better and better. I can feel the dispair that Ed is going through, the semi-distrust of his old associates, and the ever growing fear that Ed might betrayal his old friends to get Al back. I can't believe that Ed would ever betray anyone but you make the fear possible. I think Ed does not want to face the possibility of what really happened in that old cabin but there may be a twist in that also. And a happy Al near the Fuhrer? You are doing a great job...can't wait for the next chapter. Was so happy that you updated today.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »