Reviews for Remains of You : Castoffs
EagleRay chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
Oh Wow...That was amazing, Count. Reading how their memories all faded, sacrificing the past for the future (as you said), that was truly incredibly written. Thank you for sharing it with us. I'd like to read more, and - being an eternal optimist and total happy-ending junkie - I had kinda hoped Quistis at least would regain enough of her memory to remember, but they can't all be happy stories, can they?

Great story.
Sephy-Stabbity chapter 1 . 3/24/2007
wow...this is so beautiful...I don't know what to say except...PLEASE WRITE MORE ILOVETHIS!
MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
There are so many things that I love about this. First, that it is in Xu's point of view, since she's a character that doesn't receive very much attention. I also like the subtle hints of romantic attachment that Xu has toward Quistis. It gives her almost a little-girl quality, and so it's funny when she's annoyed at Quistis's feelings toward Squall.

You also bring up an often-overlooked story element, which is the GF memory loss. One of the best descriptions of this was how when Quistis summoned Quezacoatl her face was blank.

I could go on and on. Beautifully written, as usual.
Neophyte Ronin chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
While it emphasizes too much on lecturing events happening as Xu sees them (a narrative flaw that can be improved through using different methods of relaying information), this does bring in a very powerful observation on one of the biggest flaws of the Guardian Force system in the game-a flaw that many overlook or never integrate into their fiction.

The overtones of a fascination with her best friend, rapidly deteriorating in the overuse of the dangers of the system, does tie into things with the ending, so it's not a garnish. It's also pretty tasteful; most are inclined towards creating a "lemon" with these instances, and thankfully, that doesn't happen.

It's seriously good at poking interest at one of the more overlooked aspects of the game, which had plenty of loopholes to be called a kind of broken tale. Those sorts of elements (GF-induced memory inhibition) deserve the attention this tale provides.
EverShadow chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
Wow, I like this fic a lot. It's very moving, very deep and thoughtful. There are a number of things that are just so right with this one, especially the memory loss thing, the slightly obesessiveness of Xu's affection. And it leaves things optimistic at the end. I look forward to more Xu/Quistis fanfics from ya.

EverShadow signing off.
Madness chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
Very well constructed. Depressing as hell, but very well written... Actually though, it's a good representation of what they could (ie probably are) doing to themselves in SeeD.

Poor Xu, always left behind- along with everyone else, I suppose.
owlmoose chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
The parallel between the sorceress trying to destroy time and the SeeDs needing to destroy their own time (losing their memories to the GFs) in order to stop her is nicely drawn; the connection had never occurred to me before. Good fleshing out of the Xu character. I found her moment with Irvine particularly believable and moving.