Reviews for Harvest Rebound
Who Do You Think chapter 3 . 8/21/2008
One of these days, I'm going to get you to just tell me how things end. I mean, I KNOW you're a sucker for a happy ending, which means Durendal (and Stalwart!) will save the day, and Granville and his cohorts will get what's coming to them. But even knowing what I know, I'm still baffled at HOW.

I mean. Really. Yeah, I'm sure the traitors will walk into the trap, and get caught out, and probably end up getting the Question and having their heads chopped off, and our favorite Blades will all live happily ever after... But it's all the in-between stuff that's driving me crazy!

Maybe I'll start making fake accounts and leave anonymous reviews and create a whole make-believe fandom just so you get a million reviews and I can convince you to humor me. You're such a terrible, terrible tease.

I'm going to go sulk now. :-P.
Telturwen chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
So far, this is a very interesting story. In the prologue, it sounds just like Dave Duncan is writing it. Great job!
Rita chapter 3 . 10/30/2005
I cannot, cannot, cannot believe that I just found a Durendal fic! God knows I've looked for long enough; there just aren't any others around.

And by one of my favourite fanfiction writers, no less! (I'm in the middle of the Promises universe right now, and love it.)

So far, I'm really enjoying this story, and I plead you to continue it.
Sailor Sol chapter 3 . 10/7/2005
Shiny!

No matter how many times I've read it, this still gets to me. You certainly have a wonderful ability for storytelling, and you always manage to capture the characters perfectly.

Excellent job, and I shall have to continue pestering you so that you don't forget to update this ;-).
Starpaint chapter 2 . 9/18/2005
Powerful. I'm not much for torture fic, as you're probably aware of by now, but the strength of this isn't in the torture itself. It's in your depiction of it. The repetition of blood, for one, as if there's nothing else in the world, but it's still foreign enough to be worth noting. "All Blades are born to die" - so strange that death, regardless of the manner, holds no fear for him; so strange that Blades are defined by dying, by how they die, and sometimes by how they don't die.

And more, that you've slid torture into Duncan's world so easily... torture isn't really for extracting information, although that 'justifies' the use for it. It's for the sake of inflicting pain. And it's odd that the Blades' respect of dying for a purpose includes enduring senseless torture for a purpose, and that the Blades are such that neither is worth worrying over.

One thing. I don't think metallicy is actually a word, and metallic would sound better in any case.

Am liking. Yay.

- 'Paint-Sara
Sailor Sol chapter 2 . 9/16/2005
Short. Maybe too short, but I'm greedy and want more. This is something I haven't read before though, and that makes me happy. I'm assuming that it's like the mini-prologue thing that Duncan has at the beginning of each section?

You need to hurry and post more though. We wants Stalwart, precious. But we always wants Stalwart, so there's nothing new there. Do please post soon though!
SlytherAway chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Judging by the "Prologue" at the beginning, I assume you plan to continue?

PLEASE DO! I LOVE IT!
Sierra Nicole chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
I have never read any of these books, but you describe the characters and the situation so clearly, I don't feel lost at all. Maybe I'll go out and find the books now...

Keep up the good work!

Sierra
Really Bad Fanfiction chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
Somehow, even though I've read every King's Blades book so far-some more than once-I can never remember a single thing about them. Duncan is a decent writer, but utterly unmemorable-his prose is a little too, er, prosaic to be really great. That means that although I have some vague memories-Durendal was the best, or one of them, Ambrose turned evil? I think? Something like that...
Sailor Sol chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
*squee*

Now you HAVE to work on this more! HFC!D! SQUEE!