Reviews for Running With the Devil
megelizabethvh88 chapter 13 . 12/28/2008
Really - this is one of the most amazing stories ever. Not only did you clear all stereotypes, but you brought them together - again! - and the once again discovered their themselves and opened up.

Fantastic. A
Philipa Aleshre chapter 13 . 7/28/2006
I was going right ahead to "The World..." but then I saw this and cos it was shorter and I for some weird impulse I clicked on it. I swear that I'll read "The World...", I've been wanting to read it!

So, about this fic. I mean, I really liked it a lot. It had such a great scenes which made me laugh. Andy and John reading the slash fic; when Andy asked about it I thought he was reading "If she's quiet", I haven't read it but it's the only slash fic I've seen round here (maybe I'm a little blind and not too focused). I loved Brian's scenes, he's a great character and yeah, I hate the fact that he's left behind in fics. If I ever write a fic everybody would be important! (Well, I know that I'll betray myself at times and write more about John and Claire U). And it's just so much to say about each chapter, that maybe someday I'll review every single one, but not know, cos it's almost 3 am and I should go sleeping. Just have to tell you that I liked a lot this fic and I couldn't stop sighing at the end. It was so pretty! Maybe I'd be in love with Brian if I didn't find assholes so atractive.

Gotta go. I really, really like how you wrote them all and I'll keep on my eyes on your fics!

BYE! KEEP WRITING!
Philipa Aleshre chapter 9 . 7/28/2006
(In a later chapter I'll say my thoughts about the fic but now...)

CLAIRE! I DO LOVE YOU! YOU'RE JUST GORGEOUS AND BEAUTIFUL AND GREAT! OH, CLAIRE STANDISH! I mean, I would be lesbian for you! (well, bi, cos I love John so much that it hurts!)

I'll keep reading U
Lady-SM chapter 13 . 7/18/2006
Every Breakfast club fan fic writer should read this story. It's such a clever idea! And I love the way they react to stuff, if I was a character and I discovered what Slash was I'd freak out so much!

Tis great. Well done.

xSM
MidnightBlue88 chapter 13 . 7/7/2006
Hey, I'm here, finally!

"She wanted to start her story off pre-detention. She wanted to focus on the lives of all six characters – Bender, Claire, Andrew, Allison, Brian, and Vernon – with a few cameos from Carl, just to get a feel of character development, family lives, and friends; have all of the ‘crimes’ committed, and then off to detention where their lives were to change forever." Hey, that sounds familiar... ;)

"No ridiculous rapes, murders, and beatings. Not all of their families like to beat their children and punish them to a life of misery. They didn’t have to be walking, talking clichés." Amen to that!

“No more Brian on the back burner.” Yay!

"Bender looked unimpressed, “Um…that’s great…how about you never say anything sensitive about me again, okay?”" LOL, that was awesome.

And I liked the ending. Have you ever seen "Newhart", the TV show? It was Bob Newhart's second show. During the season finale, he wakes up, and his wife is next to him in bed, only it isn't his wife from "Newhart", it's his wife from his first show, "The Bob Newhart Show". Like the whole second show was a dream or whatever. The dream thing can be a bit cliche, but this one wasn't since she ended up married to Brian. Cool idea.

Anyway, you know that this one of my favorite stories ever, and I'm sad to see it end. I will miss the humor and the cliche-bashing...but I will not miss the thousands of plot bunnies that have been born as a result of reading/discussing this story! I both love and hate you for them. :) Great job, dude.
The Eldritch Owl chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
Awesomeness! Very, very creative.
Lizzi-Invisigoth chapter 13 . 6/28/2006
this is number one the best fan fic ive ever read!
Jenifer-01 chapter 13 . 6/21/2006
Poor Brody having to spend all her time breaking up fights. I guess it shows how hectic that must have been if she feels sorry for Vernon LOL. I like what you said about the clichés for fan fiction and the different things she was going to try avoid. I had to laugh at the line about fan fiction not taking up the whole of your life. OK I know Brody never got a chance to reveal her plots but I found it interesting she was gonna start with Brian first and how he wouldn’t be put on a “back burner” because the Brian character usually is (he’s tough to write). Bender’s outrage at being seen as sensitive was hilarious. I really like the way you’ve made these characters interact especially John, Andy and Allison. I know you’re coming at it from a light-hearted angle but at the same time it does seem kind of realistic to their characters. The fight for the notebook was crazy, I like the way you described that, I could really picture it in detail. And I loved that Allison only got involved because she wanted to read it for herself rather than get it back for Brody (way more realistic than Allison being the caring sharing type)! The way you ended it was great, with Brody banging her head and then waking back up to reality. That twist at the end was clever, first that she has a husband and then that she mentions she was dreaming about her husbands friends and then you reveal it’s Brian- never saw that one coming! Great way to top off the whole story. This was such an original idea!
RecluseChIcK chapter 11 . 6/20/2006
I live really close to where they filmed The Breakfast CLub and close to the town that shermer, illinois was based off of. And one of my friend's parent's neighbors was really John Wayne Gacy that is so bizzare to think about. My Dad went to highschool in the same town as the highschool where they filmed it, he went to Maine West and it was taped in I think Maine North (or something like that i might have switched the names around or put west instead of south or something) anyway funny so far.

-kelly
Ace's Buddy chapter 13 . 6/20/2006
OOH! Delightful little twist you have there! Great ending!
itsallaboutme chapter 13 . 6/20/2006
interesting. i need this story, i'm toying with an idea about a breakfast club fan fic. i remember you saying that she was 17 at the beginning of the story though. no offense, but you need to do a little more conjunctions. i mean, it's not like everybody talks like a computer you know.
mrspatrickswazey chapter 12 . 2/22/2006
hi, this is good. why don't you write a stoy about them really not ever meeting like brody was. that souds like a good idea doen't it. *holds carrot over computer to get her to start writeing* i gotta go

toodles:)
lazaefair chapter 12 . 2/7/2006
Ah, a fitting end to this fic. I like that you tied everything together and left this massive critique of the BC fandom with a pretty upbeat message. (I probably would've done something bitter and cynical, which wouldn't have worked at all.) Great to read your work again after the time I've spent away from here!
EmiliosLoofah chapter 12 . 12/7/2005
All right! An update! SO bitchin'!

"And have you guys living in cliche'-forever-land? Sorry, I think it is about time for me to start fresh...after the garbage I wrote, I owe you guys that much." That was good!

"Hell, I can't even tell some Monday fics from the others." OMG...that may piss off some people, ya know!

"Well I am easy; good looks, great lines, and lots of sex." Totally sounds like Bender there! LOL!

"No one would read your story then! They all love me and I am the star of every one! Without me, the movie wouldn't have even been a hit!" That Bender...he has SUCH an inflated head!

"I am going to make him win his high school stuff...just not get accepted." How can you do that to MY Emilio? LOL

"I am so damn good!" That you are Bender...that you are!

"I'm the club enigma...why does it really matter?" That was good!

EXCELLENT chpater as always! Keep it up!

tk421beth :)

aka: Emilio's loofah! lol

PS: UPDATE SOON!
xoxHannahBananaxox chapter 12 . 12/7/2005
good chapter Kristen! I loved it. I'm in class right now so I'm going to have to cut this short. But I will be emailing you soon and updating my fics. I promise!

XOXO, Hannah