Reviews for Of Threnodies and Roses
SugarPlumCuttlefish chapter 42 . 4/20
I love this so much! Modern AU's where Erik is more Leroux based don't seem as easy to find, and this one is my favorite I've read so far! I love everyone's characterizations, especially Erik. I think you hit the perfect balance of his darkness, and his endearing qualities. Brava!
Herline-Hedervary chapter 42 . 9/12/2021
After 3 days I readed this fanfic and I just (faints) loved it!
canadascockpit chapter 42 . 9/8/2021
In the end, I like how we're left to wonder how much of Christine's mind really is her own. Despite her apparent bliss, the reader can't help but feel some sense of foreboding for her situation. She seems... glossed over... That was an interesting addition. Because, really, that was always what left this pairing doomed. Not the horror of Erik's face, but his hypnotic control over Christine's life and his desire to dominate... to subjugate all that is human. The imbalance of power is as mesmerizing as it is appalling. Although, in Christine's affections, in her humanity, lays power to the absolute... to sway Erik; or in its absence, to deal him a killing blow. But maybe love is enough. Even if it's a beautiful lie. Even if it means being surrounded by suffering. Because love, in itself, is pure, it is beautiful, and it is everything. I adore your writing! Can't seem to put it away, stays on my mind. Thank you.
Maxypuz chapter 41 . 8/2/2021
"Raw emotion had won in the end- the desperation of two people who has nowhere else to go but to each other, who were lost and alone without each other."

How dare you write this line. It is the most beautiful line i have ever been blessed to read.

I am going to write this before the epilogue, but i was scared to read this story at first. Even though i knew it would have a happy ending, your other story, "Second Chance Incorporated" had emotionally destroyed me and I wasn't sure if i could handle another story like that! It seems silly now. Thank you for writing this story. Thank you for writing two character arcs. Where they learn what belonging feels like, where hope is reintroduced into their life, where one learns acceptance, and the other learns what she wants. Thank you.
Maxypuz chapter 36 . 8/2/2021
So her choice has been made, I guess its good that her choice was to be with Erik.
Maxypuz chapter 35 . 8/2/2021
"Could have been going to her own funeral."

Is this some foreshadowing for the events to come? What does she want? Or rather who does she want? But we already know that, don't we? We know that she wants Erik but due to his actions she hesitates to follow her heart. A precarious choice lays ahead and i only fear what the result will be.
Maxypuz chapter 34 . 8/2/2021
The dynamic with Raoul and Christine can be described as a pure white. Its soft and comforting in the way sunlight brushed upon skin. Their love is safe. Compared to Christine and Erik which is a midnight black. Its scary but thrilling. Its comforting in the way the night sky brings solace. Their love is dangerous.

As children we are always told to go with the safe option. We fear the unknown. Can we blame Christine for wanting to chase after the danger, even if its realistically the wrong choice?

It is funny how easy the choice would be between the two men if Erik had a normal face. I don't doubt that Erik tears himself to pieces over that. Had his face been normal he wouldn't have been shunned, abandoned, feared, etc but then he wouldn't have met Christine, so perhaps the suffering was worth it in his mind.
Maxypuz chapter 33 . 8/2/2021
"Was love really enough?"

To an extent. Love is enough if the two parties wish to be their best self because of the other. Love is enough if they wish to try. Without the desire to try love will never be enough, but that love might help us understand ourselves better.
Maxypuz chapter 32 . 8/2/2021
Her hesitation speaks all. The area between a question with two answers tends to lean heavily to one side.
Maxypuz chapter 20 . 8/2/2021
Urgh, Christine and Raoul both think of the other fondly because of the memories they bring back from their childhood innocence. Heck, I do the same thing, but i also accept that i am no longer a child and neither is the other. Love based purely on memories is not one that will flourish. I do not hate either for their misplaced heart, but i wish they knew better. The past isnt the present. People change.
Maxypuz chapter 9 . 8/2/2021
Erik ! You've overwhelmed your girl.
ElenaVitW chapter 42 . 5/30/2021
Wow, another master piece :-) I do love reading modern Erik stories and this one a top quality one: not the fluff staff, close to original dark Erik, nice and happy conclusion. Great writing!
Teen545 chapter 42 . 1/30/2021
Nice story! Thank you! I enjoyed the mix of your ideas with the original story! While I would have liked an epilogue from E and/or C pov, I understand why it really had to be from Raoul's. Lol, I got a kick out of Erik's msg and how he got it across lol. Whatever way, best for all for Raoul to know all was well so he could move on.
BabyNake chapter 42 . 1/14/2021
Eek! Lovely as always! God, every time I read your stories I feel like I'm standing right next to the characters. I loved Christine's character development and I'm glad Nadir finally got the break he needed. I can't wait for your next masterpiece and I adored this one!
Slipstream7249 chapter 1 . 8/27/2020
I really enjoyed this story especially the ending which for me was satisfying and a bit dark! Brava!
1,088 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »