Reviews for Of Threnodies and Roses
Nicole544 chapter 42 . 8/6
I love this story ,I had seen this story again and again ,it so sweet
Riene chapter 42 . 5/12
This was superbly done. Very tense, nicely dramatic, good characterization and detail, excellent plot development. All in all a masterful piece of writing!

I was wondering if she were dealing with Stockholm Syndrome for a while. Good follow-up epilogue.

Bravo!
DeadAndLovely chapter 42 . 4/17
Wow. What a story! Quite a remarkable piece of literature really. You did such a wonderful job! Thank you for the thrills and chills!
bluebirdlady chapter 42 . 3/17
Wonderful! Simply perfection. The way she realised her feeling for him and her reasoning, the way he let her go and seek to end his own life, and everything afterwards...this is one fanFic Gaston Leroux would have approved. It heals one's soul. Thank you! I'll be re-reading this many times.
bluebirdlady chapter 40 . 3/17
To create an amazing story like this but with a studipest Nadir ever written is mindbendingly impossible. But I still love it.
Zgoris chapter 42 . 3/8
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading this. I read it first years ago-and it holds up well. I love your pacing, your characterization, your technique. Thank you for writing this.
CalmReader chapter 42 . 1/26
You are fantastic writer, Quiet2885! I liked this retelling very much, although I try to avoid E/C fan fics and retellings on the whole. But your writing keeps me drawn to your stories. I admire your style and most of all - your Erik.

Yes, it was a dark story - almost Leroux in the modern background. I liked all the differences though. Erik is quite crazy here :-) But I really liked your portrayal of him. It was very close to original. And this fact brought a lot of questions to me. Like how Christine really could love him in the end? She suffered some horror moments of her life... I felt like she stayed with him only for his money :-D Please, don't be angry at me! It's just my personal perception... Also Erik's love to her was a big question. I really can't understand, why he loves her. Yes, he's mesmerised by her voice. But does he really love her as a person, as a woman?.. I didn't find her personality interesting or unusual.

I love all the intensity and a mysterious atmosphere you create. You truly had made a fabulous work with mixture of realism and mystery in the first chapters. I can only imagine, how hard it is to make it believable in a modern AU. You did a great job!

I hope I haven't offended you! I'm actually your big fan! :-)
Angelofmusic46 chapter 26 . 10/20/2015
Just like Leroux! Please don't let Erik come into the closet...
Angelofmusic46 chapter 16 . 10/18/2015
*insert the epically awesome organ chords here, start singing title song* I can't wait to see what happens next!
Angelofmusic46 chapter 10 . 10/18/2015
I wouldn't put it past Erik to do something like this!
Angelofmusic46 chapter 2 . 10/17/2015
Oooo... Suspense! And Erik is a criminal?
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 9 . 8/29/2015
(jaw drops)
What the hell?
Holy freaking shit!
Dreaming One chapter 42 . 5/18/2015
Aww, yay! I was so terrified that the dark tones would never give way to anything redemptive, but you managed to create an authentically creepy Phantom and still make us believe that Christine was safe and loved him freely. Awesome! Good job!
Dreaming One chapter 19 . 5/17/2015
This is both good and...disturbing. It certainly brings to light exactly how creepy PotO actually is. Yeesh, major mixed feelings I'm experiencing reading this!
Guest chapter 42 . 3/5/2015
You should do a one shot of the Russian's story regarding the man that tried to get too close to Christine, lol.
1,058 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »