Reviews for Of Threnodies and Roses
Oh, please write what happen next with christine and erik after they left together. The marriage and sweet interaction. I just love your stories
CharlieBoneFan chapter 42 . 4/24
Awesome job!
amelie621 chapter 42 . 3/12
Wow.
First of all, for quite a long time, I thought that this story could never have a happy ending. In all of the versions I've ever heard of, not one ending has left me this satisfied.
I usually thought that Christine would be better off with Raoul, but it turns out that she could be happy either way. Great job finding the light in the darkest of stories, and creating what I think is by far the best Phantom retelling of all times!
Amelie Pond chapter 1 . 3/9
Congratulations on the upcoming podcast adaptation! Great story :)
The Dragon in a Mask chapter 42 . 2/28
That was an oddly satisfying ending to a very well done story, as always. Good read!
ArtemisBare chapter 41 . 2/5
This is my third or fourth time rereading this and it is always SUCH a pleasure. Angst and romance with a delightful happily ever after
13teddies13 chapter 1 . 9/11/2017
This was a wonderful story! Was a slow burn one, but I quite liked that. I really liked your Raoul, and your characterizations of Erik and Christine were great- I especially appreciated how Christine came to her decision properly, and how Erik was terrifying without being overly violent. However, your Nadir was disappointing- he wasnt very smart, and seemed to make everything more messy even though he was trying to help. This was a great story- and I think it worked wel in a modern context
ArtemisBare chapter 42 . 12/30/2016
I really enjoyed your Erik characterization. I thought he was quite intriguing and scary without a lot of roaring and waving about of candelabras. Great read and great work.
Nicole544 chapter 42 . 8/6/2016
I love this story ,I had seen this story again and again ,it so sweet
Riene chapter 42 . 5/12/2016
This was superbly done. Very tense, nicely dramatic, good characterization and detail, excellent plot development. All in all a masterful piece of writing!

I was wondering if she were dealing with Stockholm Syndrome for a while. Good follow-up epilogue.

Bravo!
DeadAndLovely chapter 42 . 4/17/2016
Wow. What a story! Quite a remarkable piece of literature really. You did such a wonderful job! Thank you for the thrills and chills!
bluebirdlady chapter 42 . 3/17/2016
Wonderful! Simply perfection. The way she realised her feeling for him and her reasoning, the way he let her go and seek to end his own life, and everything afterwards...this is one fanFic Gaston Leroux would have approved. It heals one's soul. Thank you! I'll be re-reading this many times.
bluebirdlady chapter 40 . 3/17/2016
To create an amazing story like this but with a studipest Nadir ever written is mindbendingly impossible. But I still love it.
Zgoris chapter 42 . 3/8/2016
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading this. I read it first years ago-and it holds up well. I love your pacing, your characterization, your technique. Thank you for writing this.
CalmReader chapter 42 . 1/26/2016
You are fantastic writer, Quiet2885! I liked this retelling very much, although I try to avoid E/C fan fics and retellings on the whole. But your writing keeps me drawn to your stories. I admire your style and most of all - your Erik.

Yes, it was a dark story - almost Leroux in the modern background. I liked all the differences though. Erik is quite crazy here :-) But I really liked your portrayal of him. It was very close to original. And this fact brought a lot of questions to me. Like how Christine really could love him in the end? She suffered some horror moments of her life... I felt like she stayed with him only for his money :-D Please, don't be angry at me! It's just my personal perception... Also Erik's love to her was a big question. I really can't understand, why he loves her. Yes, he's mesmerised by her voice. But does he really love her as a person, as a woman?.. I didn't find her personality interesting or unusual.

I love all the intensity and a mysterious atmosphere you create. You truly had made a fabulous work with mixture of realism and mystery in the first chapters. I can only imagine, how hard it is to make it believable in a modern AU. You did a great job!

I hope I haven't offended you! I'm actually your big fan! :-)
1,066 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »