Reviews for Of Threnodies and Roses
shadow of the lost chapter 20 . 6/21/2008
is it just me, or is raoul realy annoying... -.-

lol. awesome story by the way! _
fantomesrose chapter 42 . 6/14/2008
Loved this one as well. You can tell you've progressed in this one as well :). You're a fantastic writer!
Aiko chapter 27 . 5/29/2008
Im sorry to bother you with this, but I couldn't help the urge. Usually there's a point in a long chaptered fanfiction that I have a problem with that's too big to enable me to continue reading any longer.

The problem here is Christine's been kidnapped against her will forced to live as a caged bird in a place she does not want to be and not allowed to speak with her childhood sweet heart. All because of Erik.

Now I'd understand her kissing up to him to get out and possibly escape, and I understand the short emotional snippets with Raoul. In order for this to turn into an E/C fanfic, you'd have to find a way where something big happens that'll abrutly halt Christine's increasing fear and anger, and have her think on Erik in such a way that a small flame of affection is born and throught the story build on that.

For this, I thought that perhaps you'd have Erik and Christine in a fight, and then somewhere in Erik's home she'd hear him playing his piano again, but this time singing with his majestic and hypnotizing voice. But instead you just had them repeatedly have the same conversations that involve no sense of passion or anything, but yet she still gradually grows affection for him. If it were me I'd still be pissed as hell & looking for any means of an escape.

To be honest, excluding this chapter & including more Raoul, this would actually be the best R/C fanfic

In order for that to happen tho, Christine needs to stop cutting their conversations short, and tension needs to build each time they meet, and not the same discussion and arguement everytime.
strodgfrgf chapter 42 . 5/10/2008
Amazing. that is the one word i can use to describe this. let me first say that for once, i actually liked christine in this. she wasn't just some orphan child with nothing inside her skull, and she realized that she needed to make her own decisions in life. Its hard to find a christine like that, so bravo! beautiful job in this, keep writing your stories, because i am avidly becoming a fan
keske chapter 42 . 1/7/2008
what a gorgeous interpretation!
Adi Sagestar chapter 42 . 1/4/2008
Why have I not read anything of yours earlier? This is awesome! You could probably get this published, if you wanted to. I would be the first to buy a copy. I love how you made the events match up, while not making them so similar as to be boring. And your portrayal of Erik was amazingly accurate.

If you've written anything else for POTO, I will definitely take a look at it.

Bonjour,

Adi

.".
Madhatter45 chapter 42 . 11/14/2007
WO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O BRAVO! YEAH! BEST. ENDING. EVER! IT WAS WORTH 42 CHAPTERS AND IGNORING MY HOMEWORK LOL!
Madhatter45 chapter 8 . 11/12/2007
cool.
Seeker chapter 42 . 11/4/2007
Wow, well writen, not to mushy. You have writen one of the best and most relistic fanfics I have read. My congradulations.
leo says gerr chapter 21 . 8/16/2007
grt character portrayal
Scourge of Nemo chapter 42 . 7/28/2007
This was a BEAUTIFUL fanfiction! I absolutely love it! I'm taking a look at the rest of your work!

I loved Nadir's reaction to the bombs- it was kindof sad, in a way. In fact, I absolutely loved everything about your Nadir! Nadir is my second favorite character of all the books I've read, and I always hate it when he seems stupid or doesn't get a major part in a fanfiction. You Nadir was absolutely wonderful!

~IGC t DM
the yellow flower chapter 42 . 7/19/2007
and once again, all i can do it smile.
the yellow flower chapter 41 . 7/19/2007
i can only smile...
the yellow flower chapter 38 . 7/19/2007
nadir w/ the whole terrorist threat... wew so sad how americans are so fearful. but goodness it was a smart thought!
the yellow flower chapter 36 . 7/19/2007
aw how sad, the only way erik knows how to love is to please... just like a job without paper money, but actual love instead. how heartwrenchingly sad.
1,105 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »