Reviews for Kenshin Himura and the Best Test
kenshinfan13 chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Wait, i have nothing against chosha kurenai, but isn't she copying or more like completing this story? She wrote the story in 2006 and this story in 2005 so theres no way her story was copied...
Heir of Rage chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
i...dont understand. this chapter is allmost exactly the same as Chosha Kurenai's Ruroken and the Philosopher's stone. do you two know each other, or is it something else...? I'M NOT FLAMING, im just...curious...
Angel Frog chapter 8 . 7/13/2008
Now presenting Hermione 'Steamroller' Granger! I know it's been a while since I read the first book, but was she really that bad?
zeynel chapter 8 . 6/18/2008
Hie! i just discovered your fic and I have to say, I love it! Nice idea! _
heyferb chapter 2 . 5/22/2008
ano, in your little note abour the meanings or chan, san, and dono to my knowledge you got the meaning wrong for dono. Dono is a very respectful suffix that originates from tono which directly translates to lord. Dono shows more respect than even sama. And yes dono is used when reffering or speaking to males.

-tora-chan
LostGryffindorFoundSlytherin chapter 8 . 4/19/2007
I really am liking this fic. I wish you would update I like it! I I want to know what happens
mimi chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
you are not fit to be called a writer. YOU STOLE THIS FROM CHOSA KURENAI! SHE IS A GREAT WRITER! AND YOU ARE NOT FIT TO STAND EVEN IN HER REFLECTED GLORY! NOT EVEN HER SHADOW! THIS IS NOT A FLAME! THIS IS CRITISISM! ON THE VERY FOUNDATION OF YOUR CHARACTER! IF YOU HAD ANY DIGNITY AT ALL, YOU WOULD TAKE THIS STORY DOWN.
SoujiroWannabe chapter 8 . 12/19/2006
Nice story so far. A pity it seems to be on hiatus... The pace is a tad slow, but it's way better than if it were rushed.

Kenshin's characterization could use a bit of work too. For instance, in chap. 2:

“Though trying to get poor, neglected victim to think he will finally be rid of the arrogant, horrible slave driver and then ripping that hope away is rather cliché, is it not?”

From what I know of Kenshin's childhood, he might think that Hiko despises him, but he would probably still worship him. And I just don't see him using that kind of pseudo-sarcastic, self-pitying line.

Anyway, overall it's a really good beginning (if I didn't like it I wouldn't bother writing a rewiew). If you still read those reviews, how about trying to get another chapter out some day? I believe you'd be surprised by the feedback; there are more readers on FF now than 1 year ago.
Zaneta chapter 2 . 7/14/2006
Nice story, but how are you going to cover the fact that the two stories are a century apart? Anyway, honorifics are gender neutral, so you can use -dono to address a man. Also, -chan is also used to indicate affection (a girl might use it for their boyfriend or a mother to their son). If it helps, the Japanese title for Hiko used by Kenshin is 'Shishou' although it does mean the same as 'master'
Holding On To Heart chapter 8 . 6/29/2006
Pretty Good so far...I expect that Hiko will send a Sakabatou then? probably..cool. I'm glad that Kaoru's not in it... .
ruruken15 chapter 8 . 5/7/2006
UPDATE! PLESSE! I LOVE THIS SO FAR! AWSOME! UPDATE! PLEASE!
Really Bad Fanfiction chapter 8 . 1/23/2006
Amusing, but Kenshin is a little too proper and Kenshin-like. When he was studying with Hiko he was more passionate, lethal and cold-blooded. Remember that he thought he could change the world with his swordsmanship-he wouldn't give up his katana just because of school rules.
Draconic Ban-Sidhe chapter 8 . 1/22/2006
Oh, I wouldn't say the chapter endings are that bad. And dispite having reread my collection of Harry Potter books to peices, I like the fact that theres a bit of a rehash of the story, incorporating Kenshin. You've managed to work him in rather seamlessly, and make everything flow together. So while readers get some stuff we know, putting Kenshin in changes it enough to make it interesting!

Update soon!
Arkeus chapter 8 . 12/24/2005
very fun story so far, though the hermione bashing is a bit annoying:/
korrd chapter 8 . 12/8/2005
Great fic. So Kenshin will be sent a sakabatou? Can Kenshin use shinsoku yet? Update soon.