Reviews for Somebody Else's Christmas Story
Death-Muncher chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
love it! :)
Fenikkusu Ai chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Dazzling. This was by far the best looks of Spike I've had in...forever! The way you wrote Spike; it was like an episode of BtVS. I actually share some of Spike's views on Christmas. (The non-vampire parts anyway.)

I love all your fics! They're so real.
The Phantom chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
So anyway, you're brilliant, I love everything you've written, and if you ever stop writing I'll either track you down and make you start again or I'll just quietly wither away without it.

Phantom
crystaltambaia chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
Wow...that was really good. For some reason, powerful. It really captured everything that Spike was probably feeling that night. And him watching from the outside into a happy scene like that is probably what he has experienced for most of his life. Writing in second person was a stroke of genius in my opinion. It is incredibly hard to write and pull off, but it worked in this case, and you wrote it well. It also gave off the vibe that Spike is really two people - the demon and the man, which is an idea that frequently comes up. It would have been interesting to see how Joyce and Spike's relationship would have progressed had she not died, because in my opinion they each had a soft spot for the other for some reason. You really touched on that, and what might have been the beginning of a good friendship, or something along those lines. Anyway, I'm probably starting to bore you now, so I'll sign off.

Crystaltambaia
kcarolj65 chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
This is really terrific. I love the flashbacks, the snark, the thinly-veiled loneliness and pain, and most of all, Joyce's kindness. IMO, she and Dawn - not Buffy - were what set Spike's feet on the path toward goodness, by reminding him of the humanity he still possesses even after twelve decades of mayhem.