Reviews for The Way of Water (I) & The Long Spell of Rain (2)
sailormoonserenity99 chapter 23 . 1/27
This has been an interesting story, very well written
illereyn chapter 23 . 11/7/2014
What a great story! Lovely character development and an intriguing plot, loved the discussion about gender politics and especially loved all the Chinese history. Especially the type of attitudes that Chi-fu (and Shang before he and Mulan married) and other military men displayed. Seriously, one of the Chinese history books I had as a child, after talking about the conflicts between Empresses and Eunuchs over influencing the Emperor, concluded that women were the downfall of China. As if that was a fair and logical conclusion to the history that it just recounted! Conversely, I loved how you deftly showed the level of manipulation, intrigue and ruthlessness in the Chinese court, from male and female alike. No one is innocent, and everyone is scarred by what happens. I'm so sad that both Li Dan and Taiping suicided. I'm so glad that Mulan and Shang reconciliated at the end!
AllAboutObsessions chapter 23 . 2/3/2012
excellent!
Bao Li Na chapter 23 . 7/8/2011
I have read this story several times at different stages in my life. Each time I find myself connected to the quotes there. You really did an awesome job there with the story. Beyond words I can find for a compliment. Thank you for the wonderful story.
TheMusicofMySoul chapter 23 . 6/20/2011
This very seriously had to be the absolute best Mulan fic I have ever read. It is probably the best fic I have ever read period. The amount of thought you must have put into this. The complexity of the politics, the backgrounds of every single character. It was simply amazing. That is the only word I can possibly think of to describe it. I really think I am now going to go back and read it again. It was just to incredible for words and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Shadow Cat17 chapter 23 . 4/30/2011
These were wonderful stories! Thanks so much for sharing them!
always-kh chapter 23 . 4/17/2010
wow this all is so poignant. moving and so unbelievably sad.
always-kh chapter 22 . 4/17/2010
glad that they're making amends and that he can now see taiping in a better light. as a strong, proud woman striving her best to keep everything together.
always-kh chapter 21 . 4/17/2010
shang just really doesn't understand. and i think that more than anything he's terrified he will be dragged into this as well or further so at least with how the royalty keep getting killed off.
always-kh chapter 20 . 4/17/2010
lolz serves him right. and i really liked this chapter some nice deeper things. about what a woman will do to protect what she believes in a fierceness that can so easily become cruelty. and so often for a thing she thinks is good for a thing that may be good, who knows? so thank you for showing all the shades of gray. and shang's feelings were good too is it just jealousy, his inability and unwillingness to trust? is she really a good woman or a skilled manipulator or maybe something in between? so many questions so thought-provoking.
always-kh chapter 19 . 4/17/2010
wow this all is so sad i can't figure out taiping or any of this trust can be so misplaced so easily especially by those who know how to gain and use it. this fanaticism she inspires in those around her is terrifying though and she cultivates it.
always-kh chapter 18 . 4/17/2010
wow this is all so sad. growing up like that, becoming like that. not being able to love properly.
always-kh chapter 17 . 4/17/2010
there is just no end to it wow. would not want to live in such a court. ever.
always-kh chapter 16 . 4/17/2010
wow it just gets worse and worse... poor mulan, poor shang this is insanity.
always-kh chapter 15 . 4/17/2010
ominous way to end a chapter. but really wow all the thoughts and court struggles going on there i'd want to go home too.