Reviews for William
Death-Muncher chapter 5 . 5/11/2010
This is an amazing story. OO Oh my god. I can't even describe how intense this story was. Terribly tragic but beautiful.

Excellent job!
lilgurlgreen chapter 5 . 11/14/2008
Loved it! I liked how you mentioned new technology/passing of time without making them the focus. Anne working for Angel was just Awesome.
ozma914 chapter 5 . 9/13/2006
This is so awesome and wide ranging, that it's hard to get a handle on the story enough to give it the review it deserves. The characters are dead-on, of course, both original and our old friends; it's probably one of the best and certainly most original portrayals of Spike I've ever seen. The "mothers" may have seemed a bit over the top, if I hadn't actually met and/or heard people who are exactly like that. (frightening thought, there.)

Having Anne get a job working for Angel was a brilliant move. Yes, I recognize it's awfully coincidental, but it works, and it makes the alert reader do a little "squee!* as they figure things out. Overall it's a wondeful rags to riches story, textured and colorful and well worth the read.

The only suggestion I have is that it may have been better to have divided the story up into smaller chapters. This story is incredibly rich; there's something happening - usually many somethings - every moment. Like eating a very rich dessert, it was sometimes difficult taking an entire chapter in at one sitting. And yet, again like a rich dessert, it was impossible to stop!
ozma914 chapter 4 . 9/12/2006
It's hard to feel angry at Willow - as much fun as watching the show was to us, one can hardly imagine how traumatizing living those experiences would have been to a teenager in Sunnydale. And yet at the same time, the reader knows what Bill has been through, and understands what he means when he refers to the Sunnydale days as good times - it's a great example of looking at events from two points of view, as in that famous Japanese movie (the name escapes me at the moment).

I also liked the way you alluded to the passage of time by your description of what kinds of craft were landing and taking off.
ozma914 chapter 3 . 9/11/2006
I don't think I've ever disliked two women so much in my whole life. I'm an old fashioned person who would have a very difficult time hitting a woman, even if she deserved it - but boy, I sure enjoyed seeing this one get hit.

In other words, great chapter. I especially loved the bit about the father being working for Wolfram & Hart, and the way Bill couldn't figure out why Eva kept getting mad at her for being a gentleman.
ozma914 chapter 2 . 9/11/2006
Evie? As in Wolfram & Hart Eve? No, that would be too easy ...

Well, there wasn't anything not to like in this chapter ... the description of Billy's injuries was especially effective, and that's probably the best description of schitzophrenia I've ever read. Clearly, our boy is messed up in every possible way ... and I confess, I'd assumed Ava must be pretty messed up to, until you pulled that surprise at the end. Nice way to cliffhang, there.
ozma914 chapter 1 . 9/9/2006
Well, even Spike haters should feel kind of bad for William after this. You did a fine job of showing his mental state, although you should have warned me not to be eating while I read it. :-)
Fran chapter 5 . 4/10/2006
Wow. That was some story. You bring on the angst in such a good way. God bless Anne!
Steanne chapter 5 . 10/4/2005
I've read things now and then that have gotten tears, but this is the only thing I can recall getting sobs.

There are three l's in the title, though.
vashsunglasses chapter 5 . 8/21/2005
This is an amazing story! I stayed up past midnight so that I could finish it. I'm kinda surprized that you only have 3 reviews though... This story deserves a lot more than that.
Cirquedusangre chapter 5 . 8/5/2005
This is absolutely gorgeous. I love your style of writing and characterization. You have developed the story quite nicely. I hope to see more from you in the future.
AmaliaDark chapter 5 . 8/4/2005
Haunting, heartbreaking and brutally good.
kcarolj65 chapter 5 . 8/3/2005
I'd write something appropriately congratulatory for this brilliant work, but right now I'm busy scraping up the pieces of my heart from the floor. Suffice it to say, I have rarely read anything that's touched me so much as this. Brava, brava, brava...amen.