Reviews for Danny
Stina Whatever chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
I like Riley as someone who bullied someone so much that the guy was eventually driven to suicide, and especially mixed in with this scene
fortunefavors chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
oh, this is so well done! Chills! I can't decide if I want to put it in my favorites because it's so good or not because it's so upsetting I don't want to read it again! Good work! (and hey, I'm ok with a little Riley bashing- he joined the army for f*s sake, and killed whatever he was told to. I don't think it's so improbable...)
Death-Muncher chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Interesting story. Very heart rending.
anonymous chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
sorry i was well written and all but i couldn't help hating this because of what you did to spike! and you make riley sound like a heartless wanker!
FirstQueen chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
Wow. Very good. Perfect illustration of how good people can rationalize performing atrocities'.
Carol J chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
Wonderful story.
fallenoccultist chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Touching, Creepy, and catches the human phychie in a completely realistic way.
Son Of Evil chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
This story is incredible. I actually felt ill as you described what happened to the demon mother and child, and emotions were so powerful. I've put this on my favs and C2. Fantastic story, well done.
East chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
This is truly a fantasitc story i luv this, its so bittersweet! Riley is such a horrible person! how could he be that coldhearted? I feel so bad 4 spike! ur perspective on this was so good! please, continue this!
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
Now a lot of swearwords are running through my head aimed at Riley and (I must admit for a tough thing I'm getting increasingly soppy) my eyes are beginning to fill with tears. That was sad and beautiful. More please. Amazing story.
Ninnik Nishukan chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
While I agree that it seems slightly out of character for Riley, I loved the story, and the way you described so well what might and probably did happen in the Iniative. The three paralell stories- Iowa, the demon baby girl, Spike- served their purpose in driving home a few gritty points.

Yeah, I agree also that subduing a mass murderer (Spike) is different than what happened to Danny and the demon girl, but I guess your point was just to show the way the Initiative de-humanized, for lack of a better word, demons to make their job easier, just like farmers have to do to their quarry. (...and bullies to their victims...?)

Anyway, superb writing style, powerful short story. It is not often I find unconventional Buffy stories like this one, and especially not here. An interesting look inside Rileys head. Made me cry just a little teensy bit. Added you to my favorites.
zanthinegirl chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
Oh my, that was *brutal*. Beautiful, evocotive, and absolutely heartbreaking.
Imzadi chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
This is a sad, even tragic story. I agree that it's really not like Riley, who always seemed like a good, decent kind of guy. I don't think he'd be a party to abusing Spike like this (although if he knew it was William the Bloody, killer of two slayers, he might have). Danny's story is sad. Didn't he know that by being so different (pierced ears & nail polish) in Iowa, he was possibly asking for trouble? That in no way excuses what was done to him. I can understand why Riley didn't want him around his sister, but a personal talk would have made a big difference. This is very very sad.
scapebabe chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
Two words:

Character Assassination.
Dlgood chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
I'm not sure whether this is character bashing, or just mischaracterization... because this flashback/backstory inclusion is such that it doesn't mesh with the enthusiastic and naive Riley of the series. The Riley who is immune to Forrest's peer pressure, and who is genuinely surprised that he punched Parker.

It's also a curious choice to try to equate subdual of a mass murderer with the brutality in the backstory.