Reviews for Blood, Lavender and Cigarettes
Kelsey Pearl chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
I adored this. It was beautiful.
pickamix chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
This was absolutely amazing... the parallels between Spike and Willow are there and I love how this brings them straight to the forefront without apology. I like that she doesn't treasure his bits and pieces in the end and I like all the attention to detail with the flowers and their meanings.

This was phenomenal writing and I'm glad I was able to find it!

*hugs and love*
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
A beautiful read with an unique writing style.
Thuringwen chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
This story is intelligent, poetical and incredibly intense and I really do not understand why it does not seem to get the recognition it so rightly deserves.

Thank you!
deumovochka chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
This has been one of the most moving and developed stories that I have come across in a long time. Thank you for sticking to the harsh realities of the characters' lives and their personalities.
CiceroGuided chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
ok now thats what im talkin about. i like SPIKE. alot. but im not delusional(how do u spell that?) about him. i no he's a bad dude and i can just c him doing everything thats in this story. O and was that intentional Kennedy bashing or accidental? cuz i hate kennedy. really hate. i like ur portrayal of the whole Willow/Tara relastionship(how DO u spell that?) thingy. its very IC. but still kind gross(2 me) cuz i hate slash.
The Phantom chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
This has to be one of my favorites yet. I LOVE the parallels between Spike and Willow (yes, I have noticed them too!), and this piece captured and examined them beautifully. What I love about your work is that you never take the easy ending; you never have Willow lovingly treasure the poems in a shoebox and hold on to them so she never forgets. You take the difficult, but real ending; the poems are destroyed and Spike is washed away for the third time. That reminded me of ablutions, by the way; intentional? It was fantastic, either way.

Definitely one of my favorites, and I only say "one of" because I can't bring myself to say that it is my favorite because then I'd be leaving out all your others.

~ Phantom
kcarolj65 chapter 1 . 8/4/2005
Beautiful, once again. I read once that Joss Whedon felt that the overriding message of Season 6 was, "Grow Up, Already!" but for me it played out a much more challenging theme, at least in terms of the show's precepts of demonbad, humangood, because in that season it was the demons, Anya and Spike (okay, former demon in Anya's case), who made much more effort to act humanely than Buffy and the Scoobies did, until they were pushed to their limit and reverted to "demonic" behavior. I will never condone sexual assault or rape, but I've always felt that Buffy was far from blameless in that incident, having given Spike such mixed signals and push-pulled him so many times that he finally snapped. And even as he did so, he acted in the way that BUFFY HERSELF had encouraged in the past. I always wanted Buffy to acknowledge her wrongdoing, but she never did, unless you can count that lame confession to Holden Webster just minutes before she staked him, when what she should have done was to admit to her friends and Giles what she'd done and how it had contributed to Spike's behavior.

Please, pardon the rant! This is a sore subject w/me and I usually grab any soapbox I can find to air my views!