Reviews for Letters From the Characters
Countess Eliza chapter 6 . 9/28/2019
"Auntie Meg"? That's much too cute!
Countess Eliza chapter 5 . 9/28/2019
See even Madame Giry agrees with me!
Countess Eliza chapter 3 . 9/28/2019
Christine made the right choice. It's obvious that she was terrified of Erik and loved Raoul.
Countess Eliza chapter 2 . 9/28/2019
YES! Okay, Raoul is the best boyfriend ever!
Countess Eliza chapter 1 . 9/28/2019
This made me really happy
LyonessaStark chapter 1 . 8/23/2019
Very good.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/26/2018
Dear Carlotta
I have to say that you remind me of Rarity from My Little Pony!
Brooke
Guest chapter 3 . 3/26/2018
Dear Christine,
You are an awesome singer! You should play Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz! I'm sorry that your father died. Simba's father died too. Maybe you can adopt him!

Love Brooke
Guest chapter 2 . 3/26/2018
Dear Raoul,
You are an awesome sword fighter when you fought the Phantom. You fought like a swordfish! I heard you also ride horses. Mabey you could give me horseback riding lessons!

Love Brooke
Guest chapter 1 . 3/26/2018
Dear Erik,
My name is Brooke McKay. I am a good singer. I'm also a good actress. I played Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz and this year I'm going to be in the Lorax! I wish you would give me singing lessons.

Love Brooke ️
Child of Dreams chapter 7 . 3/19/2016
Daroga, not Dagora.
katnissem74 chapter 5 . 10/29/2012
(Too lazy to log in)
I LLOOVVEE this! I am currently writing a (serious) phanphiction about the gap between The Phantom of the Oped and Love Never Dies (if you ever get the chance, it's Beneath a Moonless Sky on by katnissem74. It has a horrible cover that I'm getting fixed ;) and I am trying SEVERELY hard for the people to be in character. And after reading this I will have to change some things! ;)
Now I have NEVER been a Raoul-basher. Actually, the first time I fell in love with POTO (about seven years old) I was team Raoul! Sure I love the Phantom (even though he's horribly insane, murderous, and probably the least-rational person in the world) and he will always have a place in my heart. I did prefer him in Love Never Dies because he seemed (if possible) a BIT less insane and he didn't kill anyone. ;)
Your story has shed new light, and completely helped me. I'm currently trying to compose a letter from Erik to Christine, and I'm hopelessly confused! I don't know to go: self-hating, regretful, angry, etc... uh I'm so torn...
Well thank you anyways!
-katnissem74
DelilahUnknown chapter 5 . 1/31/2012
First chapter I was nodding along, and chuckling a few times because of the accuracy of what you see on here. I do hate the Raoul bashing, obviously he's bloody prince charming. Besides being brash, and a few other things, he's literally the perfect fairy-tale prince. Of course Christine chooses him over "Become my living bride, or leave, but I kill your lover".

The first time I watched the movie was the Gerard version, and though I wanted a part of me to let Erik win the girl I knew it wouldn't happen becauuuuuse...dun, dun, dun. Even in fiction, characters are rational. Or at least the one's written to be sane are. Raoul was obviously the rational, safe, and generally best suitor. No sane woman would go with the murdering walking corpse. Even if they looked past all of that. Maybe, borderline maybe as a friend/contact, but that is highly unlikely.

Then there is the fanfiction. I've spent months literally going through the archives on here (whenever I develop a new obsession with a story, I try to read fanfiction to get it out of my system. Lame, I know) going through complete stories of all ratings. I really wanted to read anything that sounded decent, and I didn't mind the E/C fluff. Then...it just got out of control. Everytime I saw E/C in the summary, I Was furious. Not because they didn't actually go together in the story, but because they gave it out! What if the conflict risen again, and a choice had to be made once more? Or something like that. It's infuriating to have the biggest climax of the story spoon fed to you.

...where was I going with this? Ah, ranting...well, right. Anyway. At the same time I approve the different fanfiction (remaining mostly in character, sick of all the illegitimate kids, other women, Raoul beating). If it's decent story, good writing, characters close to as they can be corresponding to their universe then I usually enjoy them. No matter the couple or whatever. I like them because they fuel my curiosity on what could have happened, differences, blah, blah. You get it. It gets my inner fangirl/longing out. When she leaves, all is sane once more.

As sane as it can get anyway.

Anywho~ sorry for the long review. Especially sorry for typos. I don't think I made any, but I am on my phone. I just felt like I should share my opinion. I'm not really against fanfiction that can be hardly believable, at the same time I want them to make it as close as possible, but maybe interrupted differently. Somewhere in the middle, I guess.

Thanks for the chuckles and insight. Oh, and I know you wrote this years ago, but as I said I'm surfing through the archives currently.
Mercy-chan chapter 2 . 10/18/2011
Love Raoul so much! I do like the stories where Erik and Christine come together but Raoul is still seen as likeable. Must say I love Raoul's letter! I am happy to see this gentlemen have some backbone!
Queen NekoChan chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
i have never read any Phantom of the Opera fanfiction. though things like ooc-ness, mary-sues, and wrong character pairings are things i see all the time on this one manga called FullMetal Alchemist. the most common pairing for that is RoyEd. the big problems with this are listed as; they fight all the time and practically hate each other, they're both guys, Ed is either 15 or 16 and Roy is 30 something, Roy is a handsome playboy and is seen many times slacking of from work to call his girlfriend, Ed is a stubborn shorty with a nasty temper and is seen at the end wearing a wedding ring and holding a little kid, etc. oh crap! i wrote some things that you probably don't care about! so... i find your fanfiction funny.