Reviews for Oceana
chanez chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Amazing as ever! You're now the first author on my list of favourite authors! D

I was totally bowled over by the symbolism in this fic! Kakashi's reaction, Obito's question, the illusion of the waves... everything was symbolic of what was to come. The atmosphere was so... ominous. I loved the way you connected a simple trip to the beach as a medium of foreshadowing. Simply brilliant!

This is a work of genius, if you ask me! D
Kuzosama chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Powerful imagery. Amen.
Immaculee chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Aw, that was a good drabble. I love team Yondaime!
RofS chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Wow! I love this story, with its amazing flow and all the symbolism and, I guess, foreshadowing. I also enjoyed how you were able to put together such an amazing introspective piece on a team that there isn't much information on, and I think you're view of Kakashi is especially deep. Great job!
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
Again, amazing, with beautiful description - and I love the symbolism in Obito's question. Perfect.

~Avalon
Life's a Dance chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
Beautiful story. Very well written. I love the imagery of the ocean and an approaching storm and the three of them standing on the beach.

Well done.
Uozumi chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
Very good and the symbolism and thought is nice too.

~ Uozumi
celerystalksatmidnight chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
Maybe i've told you this already, but i absolutely love old yeller just as you portray him: he's young and he's vibrant, but one gets the impression that he is slowly being ground into nothing. Sometimes i think it was pity that allowed him to go out with a bang as a hero. And sometimes i think that when he trading his life, it was the worst joke ever.
hee7 chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
I love that last line; it terrifies me. The prose that comes before it and that most beautiful concluding paragraph is a window into a life (or memory) that had been lived, foreshadowing the events that laterfollow.

What comes to mind is a suppressed scream, and that is just excellent.

/But as they turn around to head back to where their sandals are, the Yellow Flash notices the second illusion of the waves. As the water rushes back towards the ocean, it seems that, no matter how long his strides are, he is unable to make it back to the dry sand, forever retreating from the shore./

What I (almost) most love is how Yondaime sees the omen as an illusion. And what I /most/ love is how you personified the water and made it a 'he', and it really twists all of one's earlier observations.

I love Obito in this.

But the mood most of all. /Lovely./
Chibi Dragon chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Oh I really liked this. It was 'poetic' and had a lot of emotion Well writen.
Sweet Anime Fan chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
That was quite a deep one-shot. I liked it. Shows the mechanism of Yondaime's team.